Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
hi ! i've read so many threads and watched so many youtube videos, definitely hoping if some of you may be able to share your opinion/advice on my situation. i'm fairly new to H, just started my journey, and i'm located between two very competitive stores (big spenders at both locations). i started at the location closest to me, and i met a lovely SA, she's nice and is one of the store's supervisors (not a manager though). she rushed a lot through our few appointments that i've met with her, but nothing like severely rude or offputting (she just sped walked everywhere LOL). for that reason, i haven't even had the opportunity to bring up the conversation of a quota bag or my wishlist. i've already bought a few items with her, and i'm in no rush for a b/k/c at the moment, but its a definitely a future goal. as everyone mentions, one of the key things is having that "click" with your SA. unfortunately with her, we haven't really "clicked" but i have only shopped with her (staying loyal to purchasing only with her). i guess my question is which one is "more important"/"supersedes" the other - clicking instantaneously with your SA or staying loyal ? because if staying loyal can still get me to that goal even if we don't "click", i would love to continue shopping with her; however, i wonder if clicking is more important, making it worth going to that second location to see if i can find another SA that i could click with ? it would be hard if i had to spend a little more for the ratio to compensate for us not clicking at this first location. any advice would help ! thank you !!

hi ! i've read so many threads and watched so many youtube videos, definitely hoping if some of you may be able to share your opinion/advice on my situation. i'm fairly new to H, just started my journey, and i'm located between two very competitive stores (big spenders at both locations). i started at the location closest to me, and i met a lovely SA, she's nice and is one of the store's supervisors (not a manager though). she rushed a lot through our few appointments that i've met with her, but nothing like severely rude or offputting (she just sped walked everywhere LOL). for that reason, i haven't even had the opportunity to bring up the conversation of a quota bag or my wishlist. i've already bought a few items with her, and i'm in no rush for a b/k/c at the moment, but its a definitely a future goal. as everyone mentions, one of the key things is having that "click" with your SA. unfortunately with her, we haven't really "clicked" but i have only shopped with her (staying loyal to purchasing only with her). i guess my question is which one is "more important"/"supersedes" the other - clicking instantaneously with your SA or staying loyal ? because if staying loyal can still get me to that goal even if we don't "click", i would love to continue shopping with her; however, i wonder if clicking is more important, making it worth going to that second location to see if i can find another SA that i could click with ? it would be hard if i had to spend a little more for the ratio to compensate for us not clicking at this first location. any advice would help ! thank you !!

It’s retail shopping during a pandemic where there is limited staff and stock. You’re there to buy items you love. SA’s aren’t there to be your friend, they’re there to sell you said items you love. I wouldn’t overthink it nor try too hard. If there is one thing most SAs can sniff out is that you’re doing something for an anterior motive. Let the relationship grow naturally and I’m sure with time and patience, you will get all of the quota bags that your bank account will be able to handle.

I don’t expect clicking with a SA at all the brands. Bc i know what i want and if that SA can get it for me, great job is done. I don’t expect pleasantry with that since i want a some what professional client SA Relationship. If it naturally happens, yea that’s great but not end of the world

I think like all relationship you and the other need build on it with time and trust. With Hermes i say continue to stay loyal if she is getting things you want, regardless if she speeds off every time (maybe she is just a fast walker?)

It’s retail shopping during a pandemic where there is limited staff and stock. You’re there to buy items you love. SA’s aren’t there to be your friend, they’re there to sell you said items you love. I wouldn’t overthink it nor try too hard. If there is one thing most SAs can sniff out is that you’re doing something for an anterior motive. Let the relationship grow naturally and I’m sure with time and patience, you will get all of the quota bags that your bank account will be able to handle.

This is such a good common sense response.
Everyone who 'fixates' on developing a relationship and asks how to behave should just read it and take note on every point Cravin made.

If there is one thing most SAs can sniff out is that you’re doing something for an anterior motive.

Everyone who 'fixates' on developing a relationship and asks how to behave should just read it and take note on every point Cravin made.

If there is one thing most SAs can sniff out is that you’re doing something for an anterior motive.

But replacing the autocorrect typo of anterior with ulterior

I am a newbie too but I can tell you SAs are super busy. There are times my SA hardly speaks a word and calls me just to ask me something. However, when she has a moment she always apologizes For being in a rush. There have even been times when we have had a long conversation. This is just over a few months. So I think you just have to give your SA the benefit of the doubt.

Also I have learnt to email her and wait for her response. If you have a wishlist you can just email her and I believe they keep your wishlist in mind. At least that’s what my SA told me. She asked me for put any requests on email.

I don’t expect clicking with a SA at all the brands. Bc i know what i want and if that SA can get it for me, great job is done. I don’t expect pleasantry with that since i want a some what professional client SA Relationship. If it naturally happens, yea that’s great but not end of the world

I think like all relationship you and the other need build on it with time and trust. With Hermes i say continue to stay loyal if she is getting things you want, regardless if she speeds off every time (maybe she is just a fast walker?)

I am a newbie too but I can tell you SAs are super busy. There are times my SA hardly speaks a word and calls me just to ask me something. However, when she has a moment she always apologizes For being in a rush. There have even been times when we have had a long conversation. This is just over a few months. So I think you just have to give your SA the benefit of the doubt.
thank you everyone for your feedback !! definitely will continue with my SA, build that trust and hope for the best ! :tup:

Is is difficult to transfer things in from another location? I sent my SA a wishlist, things that I saw are available online (they aren’t popular items) and from other stores but I am not getting these items for some reasons.
I feel like I should just order them online when I see them instead of waiting for the SA. Now, those items are not online anymore. I also requested a twilly, SA said it has arrived and I should wait for a belt that has been ordered to come in, and now SA telling me that those items are not available. WTF?

Is is difficult to transfer things in from another location? I sent my SA a wishlist, things that I saw are available online (they aren’t popular items) and from other stores but I am not getting these items for some reasons.
I feel like I should just order them online when I see them instead of waiting for the SA. Now, those items are not online anymore. I also requested a twilly, SA said it has arrived and I should wait for a belt that has been ordered to come in, and now SA telling me that those items are not available. WTF?
We are in strange times. Stores aren’t playing nicely with one another right now it seems. I’ve had items take weeks to be transferred and also have been told “the only store that has it won’t respond to my requests”. I’m guessing with overall lower inventory, stores are holding on to what they have so that they can sell it themselves and help their own numbers rather than helping another store (who, if you look at it from their perspective, didn’t have the forethought to order the items for themselves at podium).

We are in strange times. Stores aren’t playing nicely with one another right now it seems. I’ve had items take weeks to be transferred and also have been told “the only store that has it won’t respond to my requests”. I’m guessing with overall lower inventory, stores are holding on to what they have so that they can sell it themselves and help their own numbers rather than helping another store (who, if you look at it from their perspective, didn’t have the forethought to order the items for themselves at podium).
yes i agree
i have wanted certain items, and my SA will put in request but at some points the other stores wont transfer .. i cant remember the term--@acrowcounted -- feel free to comment.. but my SA will order it a specific way from the other store so that my SA would get the credit but the store the item is coming from gets the store credit..
just seems like so much work !

ITA with this!
@amanda.tnguyen, ‘clicking with your SA’ in a retail context, means she understands and can accommodate your taste, aesthetic, and desires of the brand in question. if you need more time to ponder the choices she proffers, you can simply ask to make an appointment when things are less busy. ( Or, for a bit of comic relief, just mention that you cannot keep up with her speedy pace :smile: During covid, there was a time when H SAs (at least in my location) could only come in twice a week. My SA said it was hard to fit all of his clients into this timeframe and it lead to some rushed appointments. A couple of weeks ago, i think they moved to three times a week, but it’s far from normal. JMO though. The important thing is that you feel comfortable!

@Chrismin, @acrowcounted, @iamberrytastic, ITA re transfers from another store or even the warehouse. Also, for some reason, there was a delay in ordering home ware. we had to wait weeks to get H bar ware (Oxymore, St. Honore for H).

@DimpleGirl, hope you are settling in with the new SA as per your preference!

Last edited:
i agree! Stock is low in the US right now, all the stores are keeping their inventories close to their stores. I wanted an item that was only one left in the country, my SA was open to sending a request transfer but the other store denied it. So it may be your SA's fault at all!

maybe it is worth a conversation with your SA that if he/she prefers you to order XXX online, instead of going thru them or transferring. Also keep in mind that Online order is not guaranteed either, I ordered a scarf and it was canceled the same day due to lack of stock.