Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Hi FabFashion ! Fewer horses, more dogs ( puppies ) and still baking biscuits. Painted my nails red last week . It did make me feel less aged !
On earrings ... I had stopped wearing them a year ago because I was afraid of loosing them masking and unmasking.Bought a pair of Chrysmela earring backs and they are fantastic! They lock in place, I can even sleep with them on if I forget to remove.
You’ve got to share pics of your puppies. Love all kinds of puppies and dogs. My trios are now senior citizens ranging from 12 to almost 16 (next week). DH said no more furbabies after this set. We’ll see. He just doesn’t know it yet. Lol. I need to look into this Chrysmela earring back. I have to remember to wear my earrings every couple of weeks for fear that the holes will close—not something I’d want to redo again. You’re so right about red nails. My hands look 10 years younger. Too bad it doesn’t work on my face. :roflmfao:

Buy some anti-tarnish strips from Rio Grande, a jewelry supply store. Tear off a small piece and stick it in the plastic bag then seal the bag closed. That's helpful to keep tarnish down.

Have you seen the Response silver collection from H on line? I've liked tons of prior H silver but am on the fence about that one.
Oh...I’ll see if I can order the anti-tarnish strips. Thank you for the recommendation! I have only a handful of silver jewelry and it’s a pain to clean them.

I saw the Response collection online. A little meh for me. Looks kind of like Chaine d’Ancre but chunkier. Since the Punk collection came out, I haven’t really seen any new creative design that I‘d want to wear. You’re right about the CDC, I prefer it chunky and bold—makes me feel empowered. Hehe.

Reactions: Ms Stressa
Hi FabFashion ! Fewer horses, more dogs ( puppies ) and still baking biscuits. Painted my nails red last week . It did make me feel less aged !
On earrings ... I had stopped wearing them a year ago because I was afraid of loosing them masking and unmasking.Bought a pair of Chrysmela earring backs and they are fantastic! They lock in place, I can even sleep with them on if I forget to remove.
Btw, @biscuit 1, do you have a good short bread recipe or vanilla biscuits or can point me to one? I’d be so grateful. One DD doesn’t like anything chocolate where I’m a chocoholic and her twin sister loves chocolate too. I don’t bake regularly but if I do it’s usually chocolate chip cookies, triple chocolate brownies, chocolate cupcakes, I think you get the gist. ;)

Hey, I'm waiting for your new customs jewelry piece, too!
I have the plain colored leather CDC bracelets and the all-silver one (which I like the best). I am confused about the smaller CDC on-line which seems to be pushing the big one aside. It's a more delicate look but is delicate what I want when wearing a CDC?

Vintage H pieces where the design accommodates a chunky look are what I like. These pieces weren't vintage when I bought them. When life returns to normal I'll wear them gladly.
@eagle1002us, my ring arrived today. Yay! It was a crazy busy day at work which meant I didn’t get a chance to wear it yet but I did take a few pics during lunch. In my search for something to put on the table to take pics, I found my favorite CSGM. How could I ever forget I have this? I love this colorway and yet I haven’t worn it in 3 years. I was overjoyed to have found it again. Can you guess which design it is? :smile:

AD399316-B41C-4A7A-9865-C7DF3B825C1F.jpeg

Hint (sorry came out sideways):

077A26D0-D7BB-4D00-AB01-D8C26C8829A7.jpeg

@eagle1002us, my ring arrived today. Yay! It was a crazy busy day at work which meant I didn’t get a chance to wear it yet but I did take a few pics during lunch. In my search for something to put on the table to take pics, I found my favorite CSGM. How could I ever forget I have this? I love this colorway and yet I haven’t worn it in 3 years. I was overjoyed to have found it again. Can you guess which design it is? :smile:

View attachment 5066930

Hint (sorry came out sideways):

View attachment 5066931
The ring is gorgeous!! Really unique setting with kind of a zig-zag effect rather than the conventional straight line of stones. Very creative! I have

As for the shawl, geez, is it an Alice Shirley, maybe Tyger Tyger? Colors are lovely. In finding it the way you did, you demonstrated eagle's belief that sometimes finding things -- especially those we kinda forgot we had -- can be the nicest surprise. Do model the shawl, it looks to be very nice colors.

Oh...I’ll see if I can order the anti-tarnish strips. Thank you for the recommendation! I have only a handful of silver jewelry and it’s a pain to clean them.

I saw the Response collection online. A little meh for me. Looks kind of like Chaine d’Ancre but chunkier. Since the Punk collection came out, I haven’t really seen any new creative design that I‘d want to wear. You’re right about the CDC, I prefer it chunky and bold—makes me feel empowered. Hehe.
ITA about the response collection. Not different. I was browsing ebay and without looking for that kind of cuff one popped up and went for a price that was way less than the H price.

And that Punk stuff, back in the 80s it would have been perfect but now it just seems dated. I haven't seen mod pictures in the Silver jewelry thread here. Another thing H did was to dump pave diamonds over some pieces, I don't see those in the media or modeled at all these days but I thought the pave was unimaginative.

The ring is gorgeous!! Really unique setting with kind of a zig-zag effect rather than the conventional straight line of stones. Very creative! I have

As for the shawl, geez, is it an Alice Shirley, maybe Tyger Tyger? Colors are lovely. In finding it the way you did, you demonstrated eagle's belief that sometimes finding things -- especially those we kinda forgot we had -- can be the nicest surprise. Do model the shawl, it looks to be very nice colors.
Thank you very much, @eagle1002us! Working today was most pleasurable as I was admiring my ring the whole time (and not getting much work done). :biggrin:

You’re so knowledgeable on the design! It is Tyger Tyger. I’ll have to do a trivia for you every once in a while. I was looking at the shawl when I found it yesterday and wondering to myself what is the name??? Figured it must include something tiger in it. Lol. I took a quick snap. It was a little chilly in the house and no sun today. Good thing I found my shawl. :smile:

CB08B9CB-5FFD-4CD3-AF4A-27839D895DE2.jpeg

Fabfashion - so sorry I cannot help with biscuit recipe for you and daughters . I bake dog biscuits ! They are made with human grade ingredients but probably not what you’re looking for !
Beautiful ring- love the shawl.
@biscuit 1, thank you very much! I have absolutely no where to go but now I’m just wearing things around the house and for my work zoom meetings. I went from dressing up for zoom when the pandemic first started last year to more casual by last summer to turn off the video option during meetings and then in the last week or so started to put on some make up and dressing up again. I think I feel better when I’m ‘dressed’ for work. :smile:

I forgot about your dog biscuits. Apologies! My trios would have loved them but now one have no teeth and the other 2 have just a few teeth left each. I’m giving them dried liver treats instead and breaking them down to teeny little pieces. What kind of dogs do you have?

Reactions: Cookiefiend
I have dachshunds , Norwich terriers and an Aussie shepherd = my 24 hour cup of coffee. I do bake a soft biscuit ..... having several dogs with old age teeth issues. My oldest furkids passed last summer. They were brothers , 17 and a half years old. Next litter of dachshund pups in June.
Really stunning shawl.

Thank you very much, @eagle1002us! Working today was most pleasurable as I was admiring my ring the whole time (and not getting much work done). :biggrin:

You’re so knowledgeable on the design! It is Tyger Tyger. I’ll have to do a trivia for you every once in a while. I was looking at the shawl when I found it yesterday and wondering to myself what is the name??? Figured it must include something tiger in it. Lol. I took a quick snap. It was a little chilly in the house and no sun today. Good thing I found my shawl. :smile:

View attachment 5067626
It's beautiful. I didn't know it came in that cw. One of the 90s of that design, the dark (teal?) blue and brown one (if I'm remembering correctly} is one of my fav's. I made a necklace to go with it, but darned if I know where it went to. I've been going thru the closet(s) [which are not that large] getting out the warm weather clothes and figuring out where to stash the cold weather things. That's how things get misplaced and mixed up. I've managed to find some stuff in the process, however: a metallic bronze-y gold top suitable for Xmas (I'm ready!) and a summer dress suitable for heat waves.

Congrats on finding such a treasure in your closet.

Reactions: Fabfashion
I have dachshunds , Norwich terriers and an Aussie shepherd = my 24 hour cup of coffee. I do bake a soft biscuit ..... having several dogs with old age teeth issues. My oldest furkids passed last summer. They were brothers , 17 and a half years old. Next litter of dachshund pups in June.
Really stunning shawl.
My condolences on your older furkids. They did live a very long life at 17.5 and must have felt much loved. I know how tough it is to lose one. I still miss my very first furpup, a Pekingese. He was so loving and loyal. I was 13 when he passed and I still think of him often. Recently, I found a few pictures of him and me at my late mom’s house. It was the most wonderful discovery. They’re now displayed in my bedroom—a great memento from my childhood.

Thank you on the shawl. It’s like having my own personal H thrift shop in the house. ;)

You have such a cute group of pups. Who’s the boss?

Reactions: Cookiefiend
It's beautiful. I didn't know it came in that cw. One of the 90s of that design, the dark (teal?) blue and brown one (if I'm remembering correctly} is one of my fav's. I made a necklace to go with it, but darned if I know where it went to. I've been going thru the closet(s) [which are not that large] getting out the warm weather clothes and figuring out where to stash the cold weather things. That's how things get misplaced and mixed up. I've managed to find some stuff in the process, however: a metallic bronze-y gold top suitable for Xmas (I'm ready!) and a summer dress suitable for heat waves.

Congrats on finding such a treasure in your closet.
The colorway you described sounds so pretty. Please share pic. Mine is lavande and orange. I particularly like lavender color and wish I can find more clothing in that shade. You made a necklace? What did it look like and what materials did you use? You’re so creative!

I have the world’s smallest closet. I think someone with a tiny wardrobe designed my house. In the master bedroom we have 2 closets, one is about 5’ x 5’ and another small one that’s about 3.5’ x 2’. It was almost an afterthought! Anyhow, I used to store all my H scarves and shawls in their boxes and none would get worn because out of sight out of mind. I ended up getting over the door towel bars and hung it on the inside of my small closet’s door. I hung all my CSGMs there. The Tyger Tyger was somewhat hidden behind another CSGM; hence, the discovery the other day plus I don’t use this closet very much. Now that I remember they’re there, I’ll shop my closet more often.

At lease now you’re ready for summer and Xmas. Way to go!