Dior Chat Thread

I ordered

They told me to write a letter to complain to their office in france too. All because I ordered a lady dior in May 2020 using their website and was unhappy with the state I received it. Just like you, they also sent me a bag that looked worn, tons of scratches on the hardware. I returned the bag the next day and yet I had to wait way over 3 months for a refund despite speaking to customer services on so many occasions.
I no longer trust Dior online services for that reason.

Yes it’s been almost three months since I returned the bag and still no refund..

• Wow
Reactions: Penelopepursula
Oh and also they just sent me a catalogue as a ‚gift‘ for my troubles. In what world is sending me unsolicited ads an acceptable way of apologizing for sending me the same broken bag three times in a row and still not having refunded me, even though I had to write a letter to France and have spent a huge amount of time writing Emails and talking to them on the phone?

• Wow
Reactions: Put
Oh and also they just sent me a catalogue as a ‚gift‘ for my troubles. In what world is sending me unsolicited ads an acceptable way of apologizing for sending me the same broken bag three times in a row and still not having refunded me, even though I had to write a letter to France and have spent a huge amount of time writing Emails and talking to them on the phone?
Not sure if the Dior Magazine/catalog is a gift. They usually mail it to any client that has purchased from the brand a certain amount of money to invite them back to the boutique. I may be wrong, although I do know that anyone can just walk into the boutique to pick up their Dior Magazine catalog or their hard-cover catalogs.

Not sure if the Dior Magazine/catalog is a gift. They usually mail it to any client that has purchased from the brand a certain amount of money to invite them back to the boutique. I may be wrong, although I do know that anyone can just walk into the boutique to pick up their Dior Magazine catalog or their hard-cover catalogs.
It was accompanied by a letter that clearly indicated it to be a gift for my troubles, wich they had also previously promised me over the phone. A letter, not even signed by hand, where no responsibility was taken. Very embarrassing behavior.
After the whole debacle I looked on trustpilot and read about many negative experiences customers who ordered online on Dior.com had in the past few months. I am saddened to have to add my voice to the crowd of the many people who would not recommend it.

• Wow
Reactions: averagejoe
It was accompanied by a letter that clearly indicated it to be a gift for my troubles, wich they had also previously promised me over the phone. A letter, not even signed by hand, where no responsibility was taken. Very embarrassing behavior.
After the whole debacle I looked on trustpilot and read about many negative experiences customers who ordered online on Dior.com had in the past few months. I am saddened to have to add my voice to the crowd of the many people who would not recommend it.
Wow. Giving you a free catalog that anyone else can pick up for free. That is terrible! They should have at least given you samples or something from their private fragrance collection.

Reactions: Fashion Newbie
Does anyone have any pictures of this item, or know anything about what their “technical fabric” is like?

I wish they had more info on what the material is on the site and some additional pics. Really love this print!

Attachments

• 5DFCF53B-267E-4BBB-BD1C-497E8050B751.png
    5DFCF53B-267E-4BBB-BD1C-497E8050B751.png
    470.6 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: CoCoBelle
Does anyone have any pictures of this item, or know anything about what their “technical fabric” is like?

I wish they had more info on what the material is on the site and some additional pics. Really love this print!
Technical fabric may just be printed nylon. The material looks like a nylon-type material with a print on it.

Went to the boutique on the hunt for my first Dior/Lady Dior piece. SA was super sweet and showed me what I originally saw online (the bedazzled mini) and surprised me by bringing out an exotic lizard—anyone have experience with exotics Lady Diors? Also which do you is better for my first Dior purchase?View attachment 4997344

Wow these are both so stunning! I've never seen the embellished one before. I think for your first Dior perhaps go for the lizard on the left - I feel like you might get more use out of it. The embellished one is divine but maybe for more special occasions? Depends on your lifestyle!

Reactions: caelumxcv
Hi! My first time ever on Purseforum; thank you for being such a brilliant source of information even when lurking ;)

I have a quick question: I bought a Dior pouch with strap direct from them online last week, and it arrived on Monday. All good, yes. But I expected to have a VAT fee and/or handling fee from UPS on the doorstep before I got the goods, being post-Brexit and all, but I have got nothing. Is this odd, or usual? Will I get an invoice through the post soon, or have I gotten away with it?

I would love to hear if others have had similar experiences with Dior online post-Brexit. Thank you!

Hi! My first time ever on Purseforum; thank you for being such a brilliant source of information even when lurking ;)

I have a quick question: I bought a Dior pouch with strap direct from them online last week, and it arrived on Monday. All good, yes. But I expected to have a VAT fee and/or handling fee from UPS on the doorstep before I got the goods, being post-Brexit and all, but I have got nothing. Is this odd, or usual? Will I get an invoice through the post soon, or have I gotten away with it?

I would love to hear if others have had similar experiences with Dior online post-Brexit. Thank you!
welcome! I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will come along soon, but I seem to recall the thread entitled EU chatting and stalking mentioned the VAT as being somewhat randomly selective. You can plug into the search button VAT post brexit or the name of that thread and perhaps come up with more info while you wait.

@Morgz419, @averagejoe, re rhe separate query above on technical fabric, on a bag, not sure it helps, but technical taffeta on my Dior skirt is is 100% polyester. It does feel treated on the surface.

Hi! Should I store my lambskin lady dior in its original box? Btw, I live in a tropical country. Thank you!
You don't have to store it in the box, especially since the box doesn't sit vertically evenly due to the lid being wider than the box, causing the box to be slightly lopsided if placed vertically. The bag should not be laid on its back because it may slowly flatten the Cannage quilting over time.

I suggest storing it with the original stuffing, in its dustbag, in a dark, cool closet. If your home is humid, then place packets of desiccant in your closet to absorb extra moisture.

You don't have to store it in the box, especially since the box doesn't sit vertically evenly due to the lid being wider than the box, causing the box to be slightly lopsided if placed vertically. The bag should not be laid on its back because it may slowly flatten the Cannage quilting over time.

I suggest storing it with the original stuffing, in its dustbag, in a dark, cool closet. If your home is humid, then place packets of desiccant in your closet to absorb extra moisture.

Will take note of everything you suggested for me to do. Thank you, @averagejoe! :smile:

Reactions: averagejoe
Hello, I am preparing to purchase my first new Lady Dior in a few months. I have been going back and forth about if I should purchase it from Dior online or from a boutique. I keep seeing negative stories from people here who purchased online, but the nearest boutiques are hours away from me and the Yelp reviews about their in-person service are overwhelmingly negative; they are reportedly snobby and dismissive towards customers. Has anyone had a good experience purchasing a Lady Dior from Dior online? It would give me confidence. I have been thinking that maybe an alternative is to find a highly recommended SA who would mail it to me. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello, I am preparing to purchase my first new Lady Dior in a few months. I have been going back and forth about if I should purchase it from Dior online or from a boutique. I keep seeing negative stories from people here who purchased online, but the nearest boutiques are hours away from me and the Yelp reviews about their in-person service are overwhelmingly negative; they are reportedly snobby and dismissive towards customers. Has anyone had a good experience purchasing a Lady Dior from Dior online? It would give me confidence. I have been thinking that maybe an alternative is to find a highly recommended SA who would mail it to me. Thank you.
Hi there,
I had ordered few items from online store and never had any issues with delivery or returns. I ordered slg's, shoes and a book tote. Everything came well packaged, delivered by UPS and I had returned two items with no issues as well. Not sure if I was just lucky but I'd say I had much better experience than with LV online store for example.

Reactions: Chrysalids