Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

That wasn’t the shawl that got snagged, thank goodness. When my nerves are up for it, I’ll pull the 2 out and take pics. One has horrible huge snags. I cringed just thinking about them.
I'd be really bummed out if a cherished piece of clothing or accessory got damaged like that. But, you have an excellent eye for what becomes you and is a distinctive, beautiful accessory, e.g., your Cheval sur mon carre shawl. One thing about H: they always come along with something tempting and beautiful, that's what Dumas pere saw as the mission of H: to create desire. So, I would think and hope that sooner or later a new beauty would surface and the snagged shawl might bother you less.

Reactions: Fabfashion
Oh my! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw your gorgeous Kelly! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: You need to carry her. Even just in a car on a passenger’s seat and drive around the neighbourhood. :biggrin: She’s like sunshine and spring time. She is a sellier which is a structured Kelly with defined stitched edges—the original Kelly so to speak. The retourne is a Kelly inside out with no stitches showing at the seams and is softer and more slouchy. The artisans sew the edges together then turn the piece inside out so the seams are inside—you don’t see it as there’s another layer of leather lining, similar to how you would sew clothing with the seams inside. Please share action pics when you take her around.
Thank you Fabfashion, so glad you say that! Sunshine and springtime, I like that! I have acquired a lot of lime and yellow clothing to replace the more subdued stuff I wore while working. I go a little gaga over lime. And thanks for the description of sellier and retourne. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers::flowers:

@Fabfashion, Here is the Scottish agate brooch identified by a Scottish antique dealer as a "Prince of Wales brooch." (When I bought it the store owner described it as a "bee"). It was overcast today so the colors of the stones don't show up very well.

Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor, had a P of W brooch made of 3 feathers set in diamonds.
1619312686636.png

@Fabfashion, Here is the Scottish agate brooch identified by a Scottish antique dealer as a "Prince of Wales brooch." (When I bought it the store owner described it as a "bee"). It was overcast today so the colors of the stones don't show up very well.

Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor, had a P of W brooch made of 3 feathers set in diamonds.
View attachment 5065101
@eagle1002us, your brooch looks absolutely divine. So unique and I really like the color combination. Do you wear it much? I can see that it will go with many different things.

@eagle1002us, your brooch looks absolutely divine. So unique and I really like the color combination. Do you wear it much? I can see that it will go with many different things.

I probably haven't worn it to the extent it deserves. But I pick it up during the fall b/c the soft colors of the stones look like fall colors to me. Thanks for the encouragement to wear it more!

Ebay sells small Scottish "pebble" jewelry, mostly pins in the form of little axes harps, etc. I've often seen Highland dirks which is generally a polished glossy upscale form of agate jewelry. There are also Sottish agate bracelets on ebay and perhaps also 1st Dibs. There are so few antique dealers around these days (aside from Covid restrictions). Back in the 90s, dealers used to have stands or tables of this kind of jewelry. I bet there are antique dealers in your neck of the woods that carry some agate jewelry.

Glad you say this b/c I know you have a good eye! I have some Victorian silver lockets which go naturally with Scottish agate jewelry. In lieu of antique stores they are available on-line. I used to wear these lockets during the hot summer weather, now I just stay in air-conditioning.

Fabfashion, do you wear silver jewelry?.

I probably haven't worn it to the extent it deserves. But I pick it up during the fall b/c the soft colors of the stones look like fall colors to me. Thanks for the encouragement to wear it more!

Ebay sells small Scottish "pebble" jewelry, mostly pins in the form of little axes harps, etc. I've often seen Highland dirks which is generally a polished glossy upscale form of agate jewelry. There are also Sottish agate bracelets on ebay and perhaps also 1st Dibs. There are so few antique dealers around these days (aside from Covid restrictions). Back in the 90s, dealers used to have stands or tables of this kind of jewelry. I bet there are antique dealers in your neck of the woods that carry some agate jewelry.
I was actually thinking that this brooch would be a beautiful complement to your spring ensemble paired with your osmose cuff and ring. Either with white, black or red clothing or white outfit with red scarf? to allow the jewelry to pop. You can even carry your lime Kelly too. It’d be a glorious outfit.

I love silver jewelry but don’t have a lot of them. I only have a couple H necklaces. I’d like a cuff/bracelet but I always end up taking it off if I’m working as it bumps into the computer keyboard. I need to start browsing H jewelry again. H makes beautiful silver pieces and theirs are so much better quality than Tiffany.

The local malls here used to have antique roadshows every month or two but in the last decade they’ve renovated and added more stores and no longer run antique roadshows. A lot of the small stores are also gone. The small neighbourhoods are turning into new condos at an alarming rate.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
I was actually thinking that this brooch would be a beautiful complement to your spring ensemble paired with your osmose cuff and ring. Either with white, black or red clothing or white outfit with red scarf? to allow the jewelry to pop. You can even carry your lime Kelly too. It’d be a glorious outfit.

I love silver jewelry but don’t have a lot of them. I only have a couple H necklaces. I’d like a cuff/bracelet but I always end up taking it off if I’m working as it bumps into the computer keyboard. I need to start browsing H jewelry again. H makes beautiful silver pieces and theirs are so much better quality than Tiffany.

The local malls here used to have antique roadshows every month or two but in the last decade they’ve renovated and added more stores and no longer run antique roadshows. A lot of the small stores are also gone. The small neighbourhoods are turning into new condos at an alarming rate.
The outfit you describe would definitely be striking, for sure. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: The all-silver CDC probably wouldn't bump into the computer keyboard b/c the bracelet is pretty much snug to the wrist. It's a really good look, too. I haven't bought any Tiffany for a while however I think you're right that H has been quality silver. H's is heavy silver, Tiffany not so much. I think Tiffany's floral designs are pretty, H's designs have a strong look about them, real statement pieces, very Wonder Woman.

The outfit you describe would definitely be striking, for sure. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: The all-silver CDC probably wouldn't bump into the computer keyboard b/c the bracelet is pretty much snug to the wrist. It's a really good look, too. I haven't bought any Tiffany for a while however I think you're right that H has been quality silver. H's is heavy silver, Tiffany not so much. I think Tiffany's floral designs are pretty, H's designs have a strong look about them, real statement pieces, very Wonder Woman.
You just reminded me that I have CDC gator bracelets, 3 in fact. Worn once or twice each. I completely forgot about them. About 4 years ago, I really wanted one and ended up with 3. They go into the category of Look what I found in my closet. Lol. I should dust them up and wear them while I work. I’ve been wearing my rings and earrings a bit more this past week. It actually felt nice to ‘dress up’ a little. I even did my manicure and painted them red today. I don’t recall the last time I had red nails, must be in my 30s. Mostly it’s just blush colour. I’m really going to town these days! :biggrin:

I really like H silver designs. They’re unique, modern, classy and yet timeless. Tiffany silver tarnishes like crazy. I only have 3 pieces and they would become badly tarnished even when I stored them in a ziplock bag (SA told me this tip to keep the air out) while H pieces would still look pretty shiny.

I’m waiting for the new piece of jewelry I had custom made. It was supposed to arrive last Friday but due to custom clearance, it’s now arriving tomorrow. I’m on pins and needles waiting for it all weekend.

Reactions: Ms Stressa
You just reminded me that I have CDC gator bracelets, 3 in fact. Worn once or twice each. I completely forgot about them. About 4 years ago, I really wanted one and ended up with 3. They go into the category of Look what I found in my closet. Lol. I should dust them up and wear them while I work. I’ve been wearing my rings and earrings a bit more this past week. It actually felt nice to ‘dress up’ a little. I even did my manicure and painted them red today. I don’t recall the last time I had red nails, must be in my 30s. Mostly it’s just blush colour. I’m really going to town these days! :biggrin:

I really like H silver designs. They’re unique, modern, classy and yet timeless. Tiffany silver tarnishes like crazy. I only have 3 pieces and they would become badly tarnished even when I stored them in a ziplock bag (SA told me this tip to keep the air out) while H pieces would still look pretty shiny.

I’m waiting for the new piece of jewelry I had custom made. It was supposed to arrive last Friday but due to custom clearance, it’s now arriving tomorrow. I’m on pins and needles waiting for it all weekend.
Buy some anti-tarnish strips from Rio Grande, a jewelry supply store. Tear off a small piece and stick it in the plastic bag then seal the bag closed. That's helpful to keep tarnish down.

Have you seen the Response silver collection from H on line? I've liked tons of prior H silver but am on the fence about that one.

Hey, I'm waiting for your new customs jewelry piece, too!
I have the plain colored leather CDC bracelets and the all-silver one (which I like the best). I am confused about the smaller CDC on-line which seems to be pushing the big one aside. It's a more delicate look but is delicate what I want when wearing a CDC?

Vintage H pieces where the design accommodates a chunky look are what I like. These pieces weren't vintage when I bought them. When life returns to normal I'll wear them gladly.

Hi FabFashion ! Fewer horses, more dogs ( puppies ) and still baking biscuits. Painted my nails red last week . It did make me feel less aged !
On earrings ... I had stopped wearing them a year ago because I was afraid of loosing them masking and unmasking.Bought a pair of Chrysmela earring backs and they are fantastic! They lock in place, I can even sleep with them on if I forget to remove.