I'm too indecisive! Help me pick a bag!

Dec 18, 2009
So after a hell-ish 4.5 months, I'm treating myself. I keep going back and forth and just can't decide what direction I want to go in. No one in my life "gets" my thing for purses, so they're no help! TIA!

Speedy B 30 - mono or ebene
- would buy new from boutique, if I can find one.
- slightly under budget
- owned this bag previously and used it daily for over a year
- love the bag style but it can be a bit of a black hole

Pochette Metis - mono
- pre-loved
- a little bit over budget
- only crossbody
- currently own the Coach Cassie which is a dupe, so I know the bag works for me.

Siena PM
- new from boutique, if I can find one (I heard it might be discontinued?)
- carefree
- handheld or crossbody
- has been on my wish list for years

Speedy:
+ the most timeless of all, leather piping, nice price, versatile, you know it well
– it can be to generous with space, yet :smile:

Pochette Métis:
+ nice lock design, many compartments
– canvas piping, bit of a cliché these days, pricey, used, the handle is not practical

Siena:
+ fresher design than the Speedy, not a typical everyday LV like the Speedy/Neverfull/Métis, more carefree leather
– canvas piping on the bottom, corner wear will show on the Damier pattern easily

I personally still would go with the Speedy, since it comes in Monogram with natural leather, and I am not a fan of Damier on bags, but the Siena would be a more logical recommendation based on what you wrote.

Speedy:
+ the most timeless of all, leather piping, nice price, versatile, you know it well
– it can be to generous with space, yet :smile:

Pochette Métis:
+ nice lock design, many compartments
– canvas piping, bit of a cliché these days, pricey, used, the handle is not practical

Siena:
+ fresher design than the Speedy, not a typical everyday LV like the Speedy/Neverfull/Métis, more carefree leather
– canvas piping on the bottom, corner wear will show on the Damier pattern easily

I personally still would go with the Speedy, since it comes in Monogram with natural leather, and I am not a fan of Damier on bags, but the Siena would be a more logical recommendation based on what you wrote.
I always look forward to reading your insights Bull!

I have all three of these bags, and I prefer the Siena, then Pochette Métis, and last is SpeedyB 25. I prefer crossbody but with a top handle, and to me the Speedy is not very comfortable crossbody. It does hold more than the others, which hold about the same amount.

So I vote Siena!

So after a hell-ish 4.5 months, I'm treating myself. I keep going back and forth and just can't decide what direction I want to go in. No one in my life "gets" my thing for purses, so they're no help! TIA!

Speedy B 30 - mono or ebene
- would buy new from boutique, if I can find one.
- slightly under budget
- owned this bag previously and used it daily for over a year
- love the bag style but it can be a bit of a black hole

Pochette Metis - mono
- pre-loved
- a little bit over budget
- only crossbody
- currently own the Coach Cassie which is a dupe, so I know the bag works for me.

Siena PM
- new from boutique, if I can find one (I heard it might be discontinued?)
- carefree
- handheld or crossbody
- has been on my wish list for years
I always vote for a Pochette Métis!

I have Speedy B 30 and would purchase this again, that’s how much I like it. I usually use it as shoulder carry.
Not a fan of Pochette Metris and would love Siena if it comes in Monogram.

But if Siena is on your wish list, go for it!

I kind of love the PM, and especially do when I see others wearing it, but on me, it just looks terrible. It makes me look very manly. I cannot explain why--even the exquisitely beautiful PM in empriente.

If you can, be sure to try on bags at the boutique before committing to one. You might surprise yourself!

Siena since you’ve wanted it for years! I wanted to buy the DE Siena before but my husband talked me into the PM empreinte instead. I regret listening to him! I rarely ever use my PM and it would’ve been nice to have a zip top instead of yet another flap bag.

I would go for a speedy b 30 (or 25) in de as a bag for every weather and scenario. Plus for treating yourself, it might be a nicer experience to get the bag brand new from the boutique instead of buying preloved.
My second preference would be PM as a very beautiful and special bag. :girlsigh: