Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

"I don't know how they could expect that after all of this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us," Meghan says — "the Firm" referring to the institution of the royal family. "And if that comes with risk of losing things, I mean I — there's a lot that's been lost already."

This statement that MM made during the beginning of the interview, to me sounds like they're ok with cutting ties and that they're not really open to building bridges. Even if H is, MM isn't. MM is basically saying she doesn't care what the fall out or impact of the interview will be.

I agree with you. I think she was fine with cutting ties and markling the BRF about two months ago. But, maybe she didn't expect the backlash. The timing of the interview was, once again, really poor with Prince Philip dying just a short time after and that they added to his pain and the Queen's pain is undeniable. She didn't get a public apology and didn't get any concessions from the family. So, all that's happened since then (the press releases that MM wanted to be at the funeral, that she was watching the funeral at home, that she called the Queen, that the wreath was chosen with so much heartfelt meaning, that she wrote a personal note, and on and on), that all gives me the impression that it's MM and Harry who are the ones eager to re-establish ties with the family and/or continue to be seen as being on the inside. It's the family that is saying we're grieving for Prince Philip, go back to California, maybe we'll chat later. With witnesses.

I agree with you. I think she was fine with cutting ties and markling the BRF about two months ago. But, maybe she didn't expect the backlash. The timing of the interview was, once again, really poor with Prince Philip dying just a short time after and that they added to his pain and the Queen's pain is undeniable. She didn't get a public apology and didn't get any concessions from the family. So, all that's happened since then (the press releases that MM wanted to be at the funeral, that she was watching the funeral at home, that she called the Queen, that the wreath was chosen with so much heartfelt meaning, that she wrote a personal note, and on and on), that all gives me the impression that it's MM and Harry who are the ones eager to re-establish ties with the family and/or continue to be seen as being on the inside. It's the family that is saying we're grieving for Prince Philip, go back to California, maybe we'll chat later. With witnesses.
but everyone in the US seemed to believe everything she said.....guess not in GB

Since Harry has voluntarily stepped back from being a working royal, can't they remove him from the line of succession?

I bet they wish they could. They likely don't want to feed the beast as far as giving H&M ammunition for their nonstop pity party. You know the US press would make it out like Harry was being punished for falling in love with a woman of color. They would disregard everything else.

but everyone in the US seemed to believe everything she said.....guess not in GB

I think it got about 17 million viewers in the U.S.? I just looked it up and that's what I found. There are 325 million people in the U.S. so maybe 5% of the population saw it when it aired. A much larger number likely heard brief snippets of it on the news after of course or saw headlines. Personally, other than the posters on this thread, I don't think I know anyone who watched it.

I think it got about 17 million viewers in the U.S.? I just looked it up and that's what I found. There are 325 million people in the U.S. so maybe 5% of the population saw it when it aired. A much larger number likely heard brief snippets of it on the news after of course or saw headlines. Personally, other than the posters on this thread, I don't think I know anyone who watched it.
probably true that most americans don't care about these two one way or the other. but everything I saw in US media (esp TV) basically reported all that they said as fact - and bashed people who weren't sympathetic to her (alleged) mental health crisis.

I don't know anyone else who watched it either. Most people just don't care. I do think the coverage was way more sympathetic in the US but I think a lot of public support has to do with ignorance about BRF norms and they're hearing just this side and not the other. I think if William or Charles were to do a sit down it could majorly change, but of course they won't.

I don't know anyone else who watched it either. Most people just don't care. I do think the coverage was way more sympathetic in the US but I think a lot of public support has to do with ignorance about BRF norms and they're hearing just this side and not the other. I think if William or Charles were to do a sit down it could majorly change, but of course they won't.
they won't and also she has played the race card to her advantage big time

Harry’s heavily pregnant wife is pictured on page six of NYPost. Article says Archie is one year old while we know he will be 2 next month. Would a heavily pregnant woman carry an almost 2 year old on a real bump or just a moon bump????
interesting that they are keeping him under wraps....are they waiting for him to get cuter? :P
I guess he's cute in a regular baby way but hasn't shown any of the adorableness of will & kates's kids yet

Harry’s heavily pregnant wife is pictured on page six of NYPost. Article says Archie is one year old while we know he will be 2 next month. Would a heavily pregnant woman carry an almost 2 year old on a real bump or just a moon bump????
It does not make any sense:huh: If she could not fly because of the doctor's orders how can she carry a toddler on her baby bump? Doctors also warn against carrying your child and walking around when pregnant, only lift and hold on the hip for a short period of time. Seeing this makes me think that she actually never been pregnant as she does not have any idea how pregnant women behave. I would never carry my child around on my baby bump only on the hip even though I have been doing vinyasa yoga for years.

Notice the photos are by "Backgrid," a paparazzi company known for being hired for staged encounters. It must have been killing her to stay inside while Harry was away. She had to call in the big guns to produce some "candid" shots to make her feel better.

Wants her privacy indeed. :lol: