Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Oh my gosh that blue Pouch! Does anyone know if the Pulley come in rust??

Same boat. Dental work is dipping into my bag fund. And I am busy at work keeping what I have from developing what I call storage squash/slump. With multiple bags awaiting TLC.

I know it came in black and red, possibly blue... @houseof999 Did I read you had a blue one or am I making that up?

Coach going more into the used bag business...

The Willis with the tea rose flap looks nice, and the white Charlie that's painted. I don't even do white bags but I admit I love that one.

Not big on the word embroidery. To each their own I guess.

I have mixed feelings on Coach rehabbing bags. On one hand, hey it’s a free market but they’re really taking the fun away from all the beautiful work members of this forum do.

I can’t really explain why this is annoying me lol I guess I just need to get back to my rehab pile. I was thinking of unloading some of my beautiful rehabbed vintage bags but I think I’ll just keep them. My tastes and needs are constantly changing so the bags I feel are too small right now will probably be perfect for me down the road.

Coach going more into the used bag business...

If they wanted people to “wear things longer” & reduce landfill waste, they’d make their products more durable like they used to be. On another note, HOW are they selling $500 pocket purses when I can’t even get my much better condition vintage coach to sell for less than half that?! Coach please buy my bags & list them on your website for a ridiculous amount, thanks! :yes:

If they wanted people to “wear things longer” & reduce landfill waste, they’d make their products more durable like they used to be. On another note, HOW are they selling $500 pocket purses when I can’t even get my much better condition vintage coach to sell for less than half that?! Coach please buy my bags & list them on your website for a ridiculous amount, thanks! :yes:

LOL Agree about their waste sentiments.

I’m thinking they’re trying to appeal to the people who will only carry a bag over a certain price point. You and I will be excited to score a $30 vintage bag and rehab it ourselves and be even prouder because of it. I think some people think that’s lame but buying it from Coach and spending $500 suddenly makes it cool vintage not the gross Salvation Army vintage :lol: (I of course think buying second hand is super cool)

I have mixed feelings on Coach rehabbing bags. On one hand, hey it’s a free market but they’re really taking the fun away from all the beautiful work members of this forum do.

I can’t really explain why this is annoying me lol I guess I just need to get back to my rehab pile. I was thinking of unloading some of my beautiful rehabbed vintage bags but I think I’ll just keep them. My tastes and needs are constantly changing so the bags I feel are too small right now will probably be perfect for me down the road.

I think about it like this...I feel like it is starting to annoy me, but then I think about how many bags I can buy and rehab for the $$$ they charge for one bag. Makes me really happy to be here!

I do understand they probably pay Debi a fair amount to rehab, that being her job, so even though I always think "geez!" at first, kudos to her for getting somebody to pay her for doing what she likes to do. But that said, still glad I can do this as a hobby at a fraction of the cost. I guess I could resale, but that just sounds not fun to me.

So true about the waste! But at least they've been trying to improve their quality a little? Maybe? I dunno, I have never bought a full price coach bag. They are at least looking better. I sometimes see some I might think about buying if they didn't have the "genuine glovetanned whatever" in gold letters I would have to look at every time I open a flap. I wish they would stop doing that. It looks so cheap!

ETA..no offense...I know some of you like the newer bags.

I’m thinking they’re trying to appeal to the people who will only carry a bag over a certain price point. You and I will be excited to score a $30 vintage bag and rehab it ourselves and be even prouder because of it. I think some people think that’s lame but buying it from Coach and spending $500 suddenly makes it cool vintage not the gross Salvation Army vintage :lol: (I of course think buying second hand is super cool)

Yes to this! Oh well, more cheap Salvation Army bags for me :happydance:

So true about the waste! But at least they've been trying to improve their quality a little? Maybe? I dunno, I have never bought a full price coach bag. They are at least looking better. I sometimes see some I might think about buying if they didn't have the "genuine glovetanned whatever" in gold letters I would have to look at every time I open a flap. I wish they would stop doing that. It looks so cheap!

I was on cloud 9 when I found a $15 black scooter at the thrift! I prefer carrying the bags Ive scored deals on because I’ll actually use them without fear of putting wear on them lol. I say it a lot, but half the fun of collecting vintage coach is finding good deals.

eta: a majority of the things I own are second hand & I think its pretty cool lmao

I understand, I don't care for those gold letters either. I like my new bags. I don't try to compare them to the vintage. They aren't the same. The leather will never be as good as they don't process leather the same as they did back then. I like my new bags for their styles and colors. Sometimes being more structured is a good thing if it works with the style. Compared to the quality of other brands, including premium brands, I think I'm getting a good value for my money on my newer Coach bags.

I just bought the Cashin 22 in cerise. It is a copy of a Bonnie Cashin design in a gorgeous fuchsia. I paid $214 including tax. If I could even find one of the vintage ones, it would cost a lot more than that, be in worse condition, probably wouldn't be in a pretty color, and wouldn't have the organization this one has. Plus I would be afraid to use it as it should be in a museum.

Attachments

• cashin 22 tote cerise GEDC0419 (2).JPG
    cashin 22 tote cerise GEDC0419 (2).JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 8