Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a gorgeous week. Sorry to be awol. I think I’ve caught up with likes.

my obsession started in 2015 so I didn’t miss out on JA or Tyger. And I’ve bored everyone to death with pics of my grails at the time, finally acquired. Phoenix, Ex Lib Kim, L’Ivresse. So instead I’ll share my most recent misses and near misses acquired in the last six months. Yeah, I’ve been busy: View attachment 5061734View attachment 5061735View attachment 5061736View attachment 5061737View attachment 5061738View attachment 5061739View attachment 5061740View attachment 5061741
Beautiful acquisitions, Pirula! Twins on Promenades and would-be-sister on Pytheas! Love your Three Graces gav, too!
Taking a quick break from meetings. On theme with C'est la Fete. I missed out and looked for it, but reseller prices were outrageous. Luckily the design was reissued (double-face), and I was able to pick this up right before the pandemic.
View attachment 5061747
Oh, my! This scarf is the stuff of legend. That CW! That format! What a fabulous example of single-minded pursuit. I am going to remember this strategy if we ever can get back in boutiques!
I am so behind! Will catch up in a couple of days. I think this pictures cover both last week and this weeks theme, pattern on pattern and the Three graces from a season before I bought it. Lucky me I was offered this one also on the H-sale I have mentioned before. When I googled the name of the scarf, I get to know this: The Three Graces depicts the three daughters of Zeus, each of whom is described as being able to bestow a particular gift on humanity: (from left to right) Euphrosyne (mirth), Aglaia (elegance) and Thalia (youth and beauty). - so, as so often with Hermes, its a story behind, in this one kind of hidden in giraffes :smile: View attachment 5061854View attachment 5061855
SOOO dramatic and wonderful with your top!
Gasp, you got the double face version, you’re sooo lucky!
It is a unicorn, for sure!
I think it was @PangurBan who said it, but nearly all of my scarves are misses as I only began collecting at the start of 2020 right before the pandemic. I was a longtime lurker here and on the H website often adding scarves to cart and then cancelling out. Anything I own that’s not a late to the party scarf is due to boutique or H website availability over the past year. I have collected from both seasons in 2020 but nothing yet from 2021 as my store has been slow to get stock in.

Actual SOTD was vintage Springs that I snagged on Poshmark. It is from the 80s I believe and was never worn by the owner. It’s the stiffest scarf I have ever felt. As the sun is setting FedEx delivered an eBay purchase I made last week of Elek. This is my second colorway of this grail and I’m thrilled to own it.
What lovely scarf mail, @Foxy trini! I am your twin on ELenK-- my most worn scarf without question. So much so I just blew my scarf budget acquiring another one! Your Springs is lovely in that color.
SOTD Harnais des Presidents

View attachment 5062353
I love this combination of colors-- it feels so classic and looks perfect with your patterned sweater. Your knot looks like a lovely red flower!

Taking a quick break from meetings. On theme with C'est la Fete. I missed out and looked for it, but reseller prices were outrageous. Luckily the design was reissued (double-face), and I was able to pick this up right before the pandemic.
View attachment 5061747
Such a fabulous acquisition, Awillow, happy that you found it. I love how you tied it, too.

Reactions: Awillow
Petite Venerie by Charles Jean Hallo has been a favorite design since I saw it posted by @turfnsurf and @Pautinka . The rabbits, the toile-like backgrounds, and the hornblower are all enchanting. I found it in a gorgeous teal on the Bay at a fair price but still waited for months before purchasing. I missed wearing it during horns week, and heralds of spring week, so it only seems appropriate to bring it out here during procrastination week.

View attachment 5061659View attachment 5061660View attachment 5061661
This is a beauty!

I am truly enjoying everyone's scarf stories this week. Adding to my Come Lately (my default state, actually) is my tale of two Shirleys. I had Into the Canadian Wild (a gift), Jaguar Quetzal and Mountain Zebra in green but I hankered after Zebra Pegasus in the pink cw that I loved on MaiTai's scarf blog. Long story short, I decided to buy a maxi twilly version that popped up online earlier this year and I genuinely love my ZP in this format. @Cookiefiend posted about this with her DuJA gav.
IMG_1821.jpgIMG_1816.jpg
And I could never make up my mind about Wild Singapore-- the lion's face just bothered me. AND I wanted the lighter pink cw but this one popped up on h.com for a few seconds and I took the plunge and now I love it. A departure for me, but my scarves are getting brighter!
IMG_1588.jpg

Some Late-To-The-Party silks. Animapolis. Back and forth, do I buy it? Yes, no, until I missed out. Early this year it showed up on a resale site for not much more than current retail (typically, this cw is out of reach for me pricewise on resale shops). So I scooped it up! Like new.
F56214BA-6466-4C91-82E9-0AFA00CFC7CE.jpeg9DFAAFE6-4585-49F3-9A62-E906FAB60C38.jpeg
Same story with La Danse des Amazones, except I don’t think this cw ever showed up on the US website, but I went back and forth on buying any cw.
5C6CF02B-D1C0-44FD-94E8-40BD4BB4597F.jpeg
AB893AD3-5CED-4083-ACE1-E6611C1FEDA0.jpeg
I found Della Cavelleria Favolosa brand new on a resale sight for a GREAT price.
CB8567BF-A262-40B5-AA9A-A9DCB971A233.jpeg9DB3D5F1-4275-468A-88D3-0473860EE520.jpeg
I thought I would never be able to find Index Palmarum in this cw, but after buying my Baobab Cat gav at Madison Ave through the mail, I emailed ‘my SA’ and she had it in stock!
3106285D-4F70-4C2F-BCDB-9959743E2F61.jpeg

Last edited:
Some Late-To-The-Party silks. Animapolis. Back and forth, do I buy it? Yes, no, until I missed out. Early this year it showed up on a resale site for not much more than current retail (typically, this cw is out of reach for me pricewise on resale shops). So I scooped it up! Like new.
View attachment 5062365View attachment 5062366
Same story with La Danse des Amazones:
View attachment 5062364
View attachment 5062367
I found Della Cavelleria Favolosa brand new on a resale sight for a GREAT price.
View attachment 5062370View attachment 5062368
I thought I would never be able to find Index Palmarum in this cw, but after buying my Baobab Cat gav at Madison Ave through the mail, I emailed ‘my SA’ and she had it in stock!
View attachment 5062369
These are all fabulous, @Karenska! I love your cw of Amazones and the black Index Palmarum is fantastic as is your Cavaleria double face. What wonderful finds. Kismet!

I am truly enjoying everyone's scarf stories this week. Adding to my Come Lately (my default state, actually) is my tale of two Shirleys. I had Into the Canadian Wild (a gift), Jaguar Quetzal and Mountain Zebra in green but I hankered after Zebra Pegasus in the pink cw that I loved on MaiTai's scarf blog. Long story short, I decided to buy a maxi twilly version that popped up online earlier this year and I genuinely love my ZP in this format. @Cookiefiend posted about this with her DuJA gav.
View attachment 5062361View attachment 5062362
And I could never make up my mind about Wild Singapore-- the lion's face just bothered me. AND I wanted the lighter pink cw but this one popped up on h.com for a few seconds and I took the plunge and now I love it. A departure for me, but my scarves are getting brighter!
View attachment 5062374
A Tale of Two Shirleys :lol: - love that :giggle:.
Well, I love your ZP in a MT. I bought a different cw in this format and a. it came balled up and completely wrinkled, and b. the cw was disappointingly dark and drab, a rarity for H cws, I know, so back it went.
Your WS is so pretty on you and suits you beautifully. That’s a lovely photo of you, LKB.

Petite Venerie by Charles Jean Hallo has been a favorite design since I saw it posted by @turfnsurf and @Pautinka . The rabbits, the toile-like backgrounds, and the hornblower are all enchanting. I found it in a gorgeous teal on the Bay at a fair price but still waited for months before purchasing. I missed wearing it during horns week, and heralds of spring week, so it only seems appropriate to bring it out here during procrastination week.

View attachment 5061659View attachment 5061660View attachment 5061661
What a beauty! Congratulations, it is quite a find. I love how you described it.
Procrastination Week :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: Redbirdhermes
Status
Not open for further replies.