Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in red today. My H had the full range of colours for the gavroche Les Objets Introuvables, but I had my eye on other things that season. After the gavs were long gone, this image preyed on my mind. It's an occupational hazard: I'm attracted to images of TVs, and I kept thinking about this perambulator TV.
PicsArt_04-22-02.29.29.jpg
Not a consuming regret, but when I found the gav on the reseller market, I didn't hesitate to snap it up.
PicsArt_04-21-09.47.09.jpg

Taking a quick break from meetings. On theme with C'est la Fete. I missed out and looked for it, but reseller prices were outrageous. Luckily the design was reissued (double-face), and I was able to pick this up right before the pandemic.
View attachment 5061747
Gasp, you got the double face version, you’re sooo lucky!

I am so behind! Will catch up in a couple of days. I think this pictures cover both last week and this weeks theme, pattern on pattern and the Three graces from a season before I bought it. Lucky me I was offered this one also on the H-sale I have mentioned before. When I googled the name of the scarf, I get to know this: The Three Graces depicts the three daughters of Zeus, each of whom is described as being able to bestow a particular gift on humanity: (from left to right) Euphrosyne (mirth), Aglaia (elegance) and Thalia (youth and beauty). - so, as so often with Hermes, its a story behind, in this one kind of hidden in giraffes :smile: View attachment 5061854View attachment 5061855

Nice find to get it on sale!!! So pretty on you!

All in red today. My H had the full range of colours for the gavroche Les Objets Introuvables, but I had my eye on other things that season. After the gavs were long gone, this image preyed on my mind. It's an occupational hazard: I'm attracted to images of TVs, and I kept thinking about this perambulator TV.
View attachment 5061861
Not a consuming regret, but when I found the gav on the reseller market, I didn't hesitate to snap it up.
View attachment 5061862

I can see how you would need that scarf for sure. :lol: I confess I never really look closely at all the objects on this scarf!

:blush: Many thanks kind Croisette

Loving these! I admire your cosmetic prowess. I like the idea of make up, but have always struggled with the application & generally just go sans w/a swipe of lipstick. :P

Excellent coordination Moma :tup:

Thanks for inspiring kick-off, mz bunny. I’ll try & recall an interesting tidbit to share :noggin: Generally once I acquire a design I’m all, “Bring on the next dragon!”

Thank you sweetness. :P All are 90’s except Prom deP is a 70.
Thanks turf!! Years of watching my mama get ready for the day. & loved your starry shirt the other day! Gorgeous combo.

Now is not a time to judge a lot of things, including how useful any item is...unless it is pair of pajama pants. If you have a pair of those you have not worn in months, they need to go... :lol:
See how you use your scarves over the first few cooler months this fall before culling. You bought what you bought for a reason. See what it is. It’s not like scarves take up a lot of room. The last thing you want is to sell one and wish you hadn’t once thins are more normal, then have to hunt for a replacement.
Thank you Bowie fan ! This is really excellent advice and makes a lot of sense. I’d be pretty unhappy to part with something and then want it later. Lol at Pajamas! All are in heavy rotation with the work from home life. I am often business on top for video calls and comfort below for my pants haha.

Thank you, dear Foxy Trini. I really enjoyed it, even though with my single color wardrobe, I wasn’t sure I’d have alot to offer. But I managed! Your scarves are really beautiful. We are sisters on Promenades and that is a gorgeous cw. I fully understand the moods that makes some of us question our purchasing habits, for sure. ;) :hugs::heart:
Yay sisters !! I love that little 70. One of my faves for sure.

I think it was @PangurBan who said it, but nearly all of my scarves are misses as I only began collecting at the start of 2020 right before the pandemic. I was a longtime lurker here and on the H website often adding scarves to cart and then cancelling out. Anything I own that’s not a late to the party scarf is due to boutique or H website availability over the past year. I have collected from both seasons in 2020 but nothing yet from 2021 as my store has been slow to get stock in.

Actual SOTD was vintage Springs that I snagged on Poshmark. It is from the 80s I believe and was never worn by the owner. It’s the stiffest scarf I have ever felt. As the sun is setting FedEx delivered an eBay purchase I made last week of Elek. This is my second colorway of this grail and I’m thrilled to own it.

Attachments

• 0807AA0C-8A18-4817-8E5C-8E0DEB2C0A1C.jpeg
    0807AA0C-8A18-4817-8E5C-8E0DEB2C0A1C.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 7B7406B4-A85B-4D2B-B44C-A081BE23FA5B.jpeg
    7B7406B4-A85B-4D2B-B44C-A081BE23FA5B.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 49
I think it was @PangurBan who said it, but nearly all of my scarves are misses as I only began collecting at the start of 2020 right before the pandemic. I was a longtime lurker here and on the H website often adding scarves to cart and then cancelling out. Anything I own that’s not a late to the party scarf is due to boutique or H website availability over the past year. I have collected from both seasons in 2020 but nothing yet from 2021 as my store has been slow to get stock in.

Actual SOTD was vintage Springs that I snagged on Poshmark. It is from the 80s I believe and was never worn by the owner. It’s the stiffest scarf I have ever felt. As the sun is setting FedEx delivered an eBay purchase I made last week of Elek. This is my second colorway of this grail and I’m thrilled to own it.
Congrats on both treasures, Foxy! Twins on ELeK and sisters on Springs!

"Procrastination Week" :roflmfao:

Absolutely beautiful - congratulations!!

:girlsigh: So beautiful :girlsigh:
And your PetC? :faint:

Gorgeous with your sweater!

:facepalm:
Derp - I should have known that - thank you!

It's perfect with the gingham!
Thanks, sweetie!
Gasp, you got the double face version, you’re sooo lucky!
I agree, Paula24Jen. It never came to my local shop, but I happened to be in Chicago. I called ahead and made sure to get there so as not to miss out again!

I am so behind! Will catch up in a couple of days. I think this pictures cover both last week and this weeks theme, pattern on pattern and the Three graces from a season before I bought it. Lucky me I was offered this one also on the H-sale I have mentioned before. When I googled the name of the scarf, I get to know this: The Three Graces depicts the three daughters of Zeus, each of whom is described as being able to bestow a particular gift on humanity: (from left to right) Euphrosyne (mirth), Aglaia (elegance) and Thalia (youth and beauty). - so, as so often with Hermes, its a story behind, in this one kind of hidden in giraffes :smile: View attachment 5061854View attachment 5061855
Oooh, great pattern on pattern look!

Both gorgeous! Congratulations on uour beautiful ELeK treasure.

Reactions: Foxy trini
What a gorgeous week. Sorry to be awol. I think I’ve caught up with likes.

my obsession started in 2015 so I didn’t miss out on JA or Tyger. And I’ve bored everyone to death with pics of my grails at the time, finally acquired. Phoenix, Ex Lib Kim, L’Ivresse. So instead I’ll share my most recent misses and near misses acquired in the last six months. Yeah, I’ve been busy: View attachment 5061734View attachment 5061735View attachment 5061736View attachment 5061737View attachment 5061738View attachment 5061739View attachment 5061740View attachment 5061741
All so gorgeous! I am happy you managed to obtain a LVdP; it is soooo elusive these days. We are sisters on PdP and I adore your gav, which is Three Graces, yes? And what are the designs in photos 6 and 7, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.