William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

Giving Wills a run for his money! Kate hops into flight simulator pilot seat - and follows in her parents’ and grandfather's footsteps - on visit to air cadets with Duke of Cambridge
  • Kate, 39, was guided through a flight on the Grob Tutor - which is used by the RAF for elementary training
  • Kate's father, Michael, 71, worked as a commercial pilot while her mother Carole was a BA flight attendant
  • The royal couple were also treated to a moving three cheers for the Duke of Edinburgh during the visit

William held her handbag lol

That coat is so pretty though I have a hard time imagining a normal person wearing something like that... it seems so formal. Is it just a difference of British style? Do people wear things like this normally? This is no commentary on Kate... I'm just wondering.

I don't think average person wears a coat like that to go to work but horse racing and wedding season has started along with other social events on the calendar where you would definitely see multiple people wear coats like that. Dress coats are a pretty normal British occasion wear staple.

Last edited: