Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a gorgeous week. Sorry to be awol. I think I’ve caught up with likes.

my obsession started in 2015 so I didn’t miss out on JA or Tyger. And I’ve bored everyone to death with pics of my grails at the time, finally acquired. Phoenix, Ex Lib Kim, L’Ivresse. So instead I’ll share my most recent misses and near misses acquired in the last six months. Yeah, I’ve been busy: F4EEF6E2-C090-43F2-9434-B84BB6438FF4.jpegF4BB75D7-BB2B-4EEC-BD03-610F4A40FA3D.jpeg7032F3E4-4F6C-43E7-9698-EC8446112396.jpeg69FDDE49-A18C-467E-B2A4-2D3AA8F3B555.jpeg32DB8BF4-F703-4640-A927-178AA9348925.jpeg6231EEBF-31CE-4D04-A970-58648AFF2FCE.jpeg55C52FC9-3314-4127-BBB7-2452D7C8B863.jpeg56B583C6-4339-47E3-8F58-1C3A30B1C736.jpeg

my obsession started in 2015 so I didn’t miss out on JA or Tyger. And I’ve bored everyone to death with pics of my grails at the time, finally acquired. Phoenix, Ex Lib Kim, L’Ivresse. So instead I’ll share my most recent misses and near misses acquired in the last six months. Yeah, I’ve been busy: View attachment 5061734View attachment 5061735View attachment 5061736View attachment 5061737View attachment 5061738View attachment 5061739View attachment 5061740View attachment 5061741
Lucky you, pirula. These are lovely. I have missed out repeatedly on that cw of FoSA due to hesitation. :doh:

Reactions: Cookiefiend
So beautiful with your necklace!
I was late in the game to appreciate Kermit Oliver. I’ve since had many of his scarves but have re-homed most (gah including a La Vie au Sauvage and a Dallas 70cm TW). My biggest regret was re-homing the TW in steel blue.

I’ve got a couple of Pawnees (despite a previous aversion to faces on my scarves) and I’ve kept 2 TW (a rust is in the re-home pile as it is a similar cw to my Colliers de Chien). One is a navy (placeholder for my re-homed steel blue) and this yellow which was a special Houston edition (just realized I was presenting animal derrière to the world)
View attachment 5061583
Such an interesting designer! This is so lovely (even with animal tush!)
that is such an underappreciated CW! love it!!
Thank you! It is a fan favorite at my house. Everyone loves it. So glad I have it in my collection.
Congratulations Lkbnola ! Cosmographia is such a unique blend of worlds and cultures, with its magical creatures, I could admire it all day long. You're wearing a dreamworld around your neck !
Yes, @Marie-the-Mary! The perfect description. It has an oneiric quality that one doesn't see in the whimsey of Exposition Universelle or the graphic wonder of Animapolis. CU rewards the viewer by creating that state of reverie. I love the design.
ohmy - this is perfect with denim!!

hahaha!! :ghi5:

Thank you sweetie!

Love it, you look amazing!
(love the shoes too!)

Thanks cutie!

Thank you - I love the colors!

oh goodnessssss - that's gorgeous!

What a lovely shade of pink!

Thank you! It's also much easier on my poor wallet! :giggle:

This is a gorgeous colorway! I had to giggle about the animal derrière - that happens a lot! :giggle:

It's so beautiful - how on earth did you tie it though? :faint:
(I can't figure it out - not unusual for me tho!)
@Cookiefiend it is tied in Yoon's chain d'ancre knot. Bias fold, slip the scarf ring to halfway then bring around and tie a knot in the other opening. Easy and pretty, I think.
We are twins again, LKB!! It’s beautiful on you. Here’s mine.
View attachment 5061633
Honestly! So beautiful. We continue to find twinship and sisterhood here. Love it.
Petite Venerie by Charles Jean Hallo has been a favorite design since I saw it posted by @turfnsurf and @Pautinka . The rabbits, the toile-like backgrounds, and the hornblower are all enchanting. I found it in a gorgeous teal on the Bay at a fair price but still waited for months before purchasing. I missed wearing it during horns week, and heralds of spring week, so it only seems appropriate to bring it out here during procrastination week.

View attachment 5061659View attachment 5061660View attachment 5061661
Another gorgeous beauty! It looks lovely with your lavender top. Fabulous border on a beautiful design. Congratulations.
So, basically my entire collection would qualify for this week - I've only got the one scarf purchased when it was actually in stores! That said, I've been waiting excitedly for this week to share my grandmommy of them all, La Femme in bleu acier! :yahoo:

View attachment 5061680

When this design was issued in 2009, H wasn't even on my radar; by the time it was, in 2013, LFaSdV was already the stuff of legend. I waffled for ages on whether to pursue one at all, and if so, which color (between a black/white LFaSDV and a blue/white DuJA, I'd be on dialysis!). A couple instances of the vieux rose colorway crossed my path for really reasonable prices, and I almost clicked the button each time, but something held me back; the colors didn't feel "just right." However, I had always admired this icy version when modeled here (@lanit and a few others, though exactly who is escaping me at the moment), and I realized the the pops of pink and blue-gray tones were really the perfect colors for me. When the reseller I was watching slashed the price twice in as many weeks, I knew this was about as good as it was going to get. This lady arrived about three weeks ago, but it's my first time wearing her. Thankfully it's a bit chilly here today, so I can give her an honest outing before things warm up again for good. Thanks to @turfnsurf for your advice before I took the plunge!

In a Cookie knot:
View attachment 5061711

Twisted twice:
View attachment 5061712

Trying to be hip and cool by taking a mirror selfie but looking like a caveman pawing a camera instead :giggle::
View attachment 5061718
I might donate a kidney for this one @PangurBan!!! It is simply beautiful. Congratulations on your acquisition and your object lesson in patience and perseverance. A wonderful scarf story of a really a stunning find and perfect cw for you. Also you mad me LOL about mirror selfies. I am hopelessly selfie challenged generally and the mirror angle just eludes me.

So, basically my entire collection would qualify for this week - I've only got the one scarf purchased when it was actually in stores! That said, I've been waiting excitedly for this week to share my grandmommy of them all, La Femme in bleu acier! :yahoo:

View attachment 5061680

When this design was issued in 2009, H wasn't even on my radar; by the time it was, in 2013, LFaSdV was already the stuff of legend. I waffled for ages on whether to pursue one at all, and if so, which color (between a black/white LFaSDV and a blue/white DuJA, I'd be on dialysis!). A couple instances of the vieux rose colorway crossed my path for really reasonable prices, and I almost clicked the button each time, but something held me back; the colors didn't feel "just right." However, I had always admired this icy version when modeled here (@lanit and a few others, though exactly who is escaping me at the moment), and I realized the the pops of pink and blue-gray tones were really the perfect colors for me. When the reseller I was watching slashed the price twice in as many weeks, I knew this was about as good as it was going to get. This lady arrived about three weeks ago, but it's my first time wearing her. Thankfully it's a bit chilly here today, so I can give her an honest outing before things warm up again for good. Thanks to @turfnsurf for your advice before I took the plunge!

In a Cookie knot:
View attachment 5061711

Twisted twice:
View attachment 5061712

Trying to be hip and cool by taking a mirror selfie but looking like a caveman pawing a camera instead :giggle::
View attachment 5061718
This suits you perfectly, PB! Well worth waiting for. Congratulations!

Reactions: PangurBan
Petite Venerie by Charles Jean Hallo has been a favorite design since I saw it posted by @turfnsurf and @Pautinka . The rabbits, the toile-like backgrounds, and the hornblower are all enchanting. I found it in a gorgeous teal on the Bay at a fair price but still waited for months before purchasing. I missed wearing it during horns week, and heralds of spring week, so it only seems appropriate to bring it out here during procrastination week.

View attachment 5061659View attachment 5061660View attachment 5061661
"Procrastination Week" :roflmfao:

View attachment 5061680

In a Cookie knot:
View attachment 5061711

Twisted twice:
View attachment 5061712

View attachment 5061718
Absolutely beautiful - congratulations!!

my obsession started in 2015 so I didn’t miss out on JA or Tyger. And I’ve bored everyone to death with pics of my grails at the time, finally acquired. Phoenix, Ex Lib Kim, L’Ivresse. So instead I’ll share my most recent misses and near misses acquired in the last six months. Yeah, I’ve been busy: View attachment 5061734View attachment 5061735View attachment 5061736View attachment 5061737View attachment 5061738View attachment 5061739View attachment 5061740View attachment 5061741
:girlsigh: So beautiful :girlsigh:
And your PetC? :faint:
Taking a quick break from meetings. On theme with C'est la Fete. I missed out and looked for it, but reseller prices were outrageous. Luckily the design was reissued (double-face 90), and I was able to pick this up right before the pandemic.
View attachment 5061747
Gorgeous with your sweater!

Thank you! It is a fan favorite at my house. Everyone loves it. So glad I have it in my collection.

Yes, @Marie-the-Mary! The perfect description. It has an oneiric quality that one doesn't see in the whimsey of Exposition Universelle or the graphic wonder of Animapolis. CU rewards the viewer by creating that state of reverie. I love the design.

@Cookiefiend it is tied in Yoon's chain d'ancre knot. Bias fold, slip the scarf ring to halfway then bring around and tie a knot in the other opening. Easy and pretty, I think.

Honestly! So beautiful. We continue to find twinship and sisterhood here. Love it.

Another gorgeous beauty! It looks lovely with your lavender top. Fabulous border on a beautiful design. Congratulations.

I might donate a kidney for this one @PangurBan!!! It is simply beautiful. Congratulations on your acquisition and your object lesson in patience and perseverance. A wonderful scarf story of a really a stunning find and perfect cw for you. Also you mad me LOL about mirror selfies. I am hopelessly selfie challenged generally and the mirror angle just eludes me.
:facepalm:
Derp - I should have known that - thank you!
Some other shots of my Cosmographia-- to do it a bit more justice!
View attachment 5061753View attachment 5061754
It's perfect with the gingham!

Thank you Awillow!

Beautiful Paperoles! That hem is stunning!!!

Gorgeous colors in your Rosarie!

:lol: Sometimes you just might be talking to someone who needs to see a little animal derriere.... :lol:
Many thanks, bunnycat!

Thank you so much!

Some other shots of my Cosmographia-- to do it a bit more justice!
View attachment 5061753View attachment 5061754
Chic with your gingham dress!

Reactions: bunnycat
Lucky you, pirula. These are lovely. I have missed out repeatedly on that cw of FoSA due to hesitation. :doh:
"Procrastination Week" :roflmfao:

Absolutely beautiful - congratulations!!

:girlsigh: So beautiful :girlsigh:
And your PetC? :faint:

Gorgeous with your sweater!

:facepalm:
Derp - I should have known that - thank you!

It's perfect with the gingham!

Thank you both! I even got the FoSA at a fair price thanks to a fellow silkie alerting me to it.

I am so behind! Will catch up in a couple of days. I think this pictures cover both last week and this weeks theme, pattern on pattern and the Three graces from a season before I bought it. Lucky me I was offered this one also on the H-sale I have mentioned before. When I googled the name of the scarf, I get to know this: The Three Graces depicts the three daughters of Zeus, each of whom is described as being able to bestow a particular gift on humanity: (from left to right) Euphrosyne (mirth), Aglaia (elegance) and Thalia (youth and beauty). - so, as so often with Hermes, its a story behind, in this one kind of hidden in giraffes :smile: AAC4E3A5-8F0E-44AE-A735-85A7475EEA90.jpegF64A521E-61F5-46CD-9422-2A4B05186EAD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.