William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

Uh oh. I still don't fully understand what that thing is supposed to be / do, but to say it with Douglas Adams, apparently "this has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." I'll slowly back away.
If I go very off topic and rant about it I shall probably get banned and offend every American who, on here, I consider a friend/acquaintance.
So, I shall shut up after saying I'm glad William has got involved and said his piece.

Can someone explain that in easy words to a person who doesn't understand sports? Like, why is it a horrible idea?

It essentially boils down to fairness in competition. This new league will keep those at the top always at the top and those at the bottom no real way og reaching the top even if they improve their playing standards.

Last edited:
Will will be a good king for the UK...
View attachment 5059947
Prince William, 38, prompted a flurry of praise from fans after he aired his fears over proposals for a European Super League of football on Twitter. The future king rarely wades in on controversial matters but as head of the Football Association clearly felt he was in a position to speak out.

On Monday a statement from the Duke of Cambridge was shared on his official Twitter account and signed with a "W", indicating it came directly from him.

William's emotional statement read as follows: "Now, more than ever, we must protect the entire football community – from the top level to the grassroots – and the values of competition and fairness at its core.

"I share the concerns of fans about the proposed Super League and the damage it risks causing to the game we love. W."

William's received a huge response on Twitter shortly after it was posted.

So, the English clubs have dropped out of the project basically rendering it a failure. We cannot know what role the clear positioning of the Duke of Cambridge played in the way things quickly developed, but all I can say is, the Brits can be so happy about this royal family.

Last edited:
So, the English clubs have dropped out of the project basically rendering it a failure. We cannot know what role the clear positioning of the Duke of Cambridge played in the way things quickly developed, but all I can say is, the Brits can be so happy about this royal family.
It was more fan, ex players and current player power tbh.
Glad he spoke up though.

Good for Kate & Will! :girlsigh:
1619022242943.png

I didn't know Kate holds one of Philip's former military patronages!

Giving Wills a run for his money! Kate hops into flight simulator pilot seat - and follows in her parents’ and grandfather's footsteps - on visit to air cadets with Duke of Cambridge
  • Kate, 39, was guided through a flight on the Grob Tutor - which is used by the RAF for elementary training
  • Kate's father, Michael, 71, worked as a commercial pilot while her mother Carole was a BA flight attendant
  • The royal couple were also treated to a moving three cheers for the Duke of Edinburgh during the visit