Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part two of my Johnny-Come-Lately Bajtlik edition. Cosmographia. I fell in love with the blue elephant and had to have it. Like others I ventured on to the "EvilBay" and found it for more than I should have paid but I wear it a lot so it has earned its keep already.
View attachment 5061584
Congratulations Lkbnola ! Cosmographia is such a unique blend of worlds and cultures, with its magical creatures, I could admire it all day long. You're wearing a dreamworld around your neck !

I have so enjoyed reading about everyone’s quests! I took an accidental scarf hiatus for a few years during which time I missed most of Alice Shirley and Jan Bajtlik. I’ve been fortunate that filling these gaps has not been above retail (I still pine for the green cat Animapolis and just about any colorway of Into The Canadian Wild but not at the prices I’ve seen)

Today was chilly enough to give Sweet Dreams its inaugural outing (thanks to a friend who was thinking of re-homing when I was on my quest)
View attachment 5061153
ohmy - this is perfect with denim!!
So cute, both of them! The pink one always reminds me of sakura trees, though they're not very "anglaises." Whaddya think, shall we start an IG campaign to beg Alice Shirley for "Dans un Jardin Japonais?" :giggle:

I agree that blue gray cw in the 90cm is gobsmacking. I actually saw it pop up on a reseller site just a couple weeks ago; after seeing it draped on the mannequin, I admit I did suffer from the (momentary!) delusion that it *might* just be worth being down a kidney it if it meant you got to swathe yourself in THAT. :roflmfao:
hahaha!! :ghi5:
So cute!

Gorgeous colour!

Love your Bassets!
Thank you sweetie!
keeping up my daily posts this week because I laid out a "come lately" scarf for every day :smile:
Today my first scarf I bought off the evilbay. I definitely overpaid a bit and underestimated customs but I just had to have it, and by now cost per wear is about 10$ so not bad at all!

Under the waves by Alice Shirley
View attachment 5061455
Love it, you look amazing!
(love the shoes too!)
Both beauties, cookie!!
Thanks cutie!
I always love this one on you, cookie. So pretty!
Thank you - I love the colors!
oh goodnessssss - that's gorgeous!
What a lovely shade of pink!
Twins, @Karenska! A favorite design that always gets commented on when I wear it. Any scarf that has even a hint of toile in the design is like catnip to me...add stripes and a pretty hem and...

Oh, my goodness! If I had seen this one when I bought the blue and green cw, it would have been an even worse case of "analysis paralysis"--just love it @Awillow! Very delighted to be sisters. I have only seen this design on @Yoon daily scarf so I enjoyed your mod shot all the more...

This is one of the most beautiful cws of this design and it looks amazing on you @Langsam. I waffled on this scarf between my cw and a more subdued one. I really wanted this design because of the connection to the play but it took awhile to reconcile my skepticism about the moon's face. I really had to focus on the details and the corners with this one.

This is adorable and such a useful epiphany. I have had a similar experience, not with a gav, but the realization that another format might actually be a more than acceptable way to scratch a particular design itch...

It is simply gorgeous, @Marie-the-Mary! Congratulations. I love tying it with the scarf ring, too.

Congratulations on your beautiful Astrologie. It vanished in that cw in the blink of an eye on the US site, alas. I am a sister on Bassets which has become a real favorite of mine too.

Everytime you post twillies I am so taken by your creativity. Love those rings and the necklace tie. Just wonderful.

This looks wonderful on you styled with your denim and silver jewelry and scarf ring! What a lucky rehoming!

This is so funny! I have decided to simply admire that scarf in the 90 and even the gavs and twillies are scarce! I would definitely jump all over a Jardin Japonais should it ever materialize. Her flowers are my favorite part of Mountain Zebra also.

That is the perfect scarf detail for the avatar. What a pretty Pavement cw.

You look just lovely. I have a similar story with my Cosmographia Universalis in the light blue cw. But I just loved the elephant so much...Under the Waves is a wonderful design.

Thank you! Yes, it is a fun scarf to own-- whimsical like La Patisserie.

Thank you! I have about five gavs but they are perfect with the marinieres, which I live in on Cape Cod!
Thank you! It's also much easier on my poor wallet! :giggle:
I was late in the game to appreciate Kermit Oliver. I’ve since had many of his scarves but have re-homed most (gah including a La Vie au Sauvage and a Dallas 70cm TW). My biggest regret was re-homing the TW in steel blue.

I’ve got a couple of Pawnees (despite a previous aversion to faces on my scarves) and I’ve kept 2 TW (a rust is in the re-home pile as it is a similar cw to my Colliers de Chien). One is a navy (placeholder for my re-homed steel blue) and this yellow which was a special Houston edition (just realized I was presenting animal derrière to the world)
View attachment 5061583
This is a gorgeous colorway! I had to giggle about the animal derrière - that happens a lot! :giggle:
Part two of my Johnny-Come-Lately Bajtlik edition. Cosmographia. I fell in love with the blue elephant and had to have it. Like others I ventured on to the "EvilBay" and found it for more than I should have paid but I wear it a lot so it has earned its keep already.
View attachment 5061584
It's so beautiful - how on earth did you tie it though? :faint:
(I can't figure it out - not unusual for me tho!)

View attachment 5061584
We are twins again, LKB!! It’s beautiful on you. Here’s mine.
D9FF762A-E680-4E4C-98C2-A45E13645E7F.jpeg

Twins, @Karenska! A favorite design that always gets commented on when I wear it. Any scarf that has even a hint of toile in the design is like catnip to me...add stripes and a pretty hem and...
Everytime you post twillies I am so taken by your creativity. Love those rings and the necklace tie. Just wonderful.
Aw, shucks, thanks so much, LKB! Yes, the remix offers many design elements and I love the toile reference.

Petite Venerie by Charles Jean Hallo has been a favorite design since I saw it posted by @turfnsurf and @Pautinka . The rabbits, the toile-like backgrounds, and the hornblower are all enchanting. I found it in a gorgeous teal on the Bay at a fair price but still waited for months before purchasing. I missed wearing it during horns week, and heralds of spring week, so it only seems appropriate to bring it out here during procrastination week.

20210421_093311.jpg20210421_093357.jpg20210421_093933.jpg

ohmy - this is perfect with denim!!

hahaha!! :ghi5:

Thank you sweetie!

Love it, you look amazing!
(love the shoes too!)

Thanks cutie!

Thank you - I love the colors!

oh goodnessssss - that's gorgeous!

What a lovely shade of pink!

Thank you! It's also much easier on my poor wallet! :giggle:

This is a gorgeous colorway! I had to giggle about the animal derrière - that happens a lot! :giggle:

It's so beautiful - how on earth did you tie it though? :faint:
(I can't figure it out - not unusual for me tho!)
Thank you, Cookie!

Petite Venerie by Charles Jean Hallo has been a favorite design since I saw it posted by @turfnsurf and @Pautinka . The rabbits, the toile-like backgrounds, and the hornblower are all enchanting. I found it in a gorgeous teal on the Bay at a fair price but still waited for months before purchasing. I missed wearing it during horns week, and heralds of spring week, so it only seems appropriate to bring it out here during procrastination week.

View attachment 5061659View attachment 5061660View attachment 5061661
Splendid, RBH!

So, basically my entire collection would qualify for this week - I've only got the one scarf purchased when it was actually in stores! That said, I've been waiting excitedly for this week to share my grandmommy of them all, La Femme in bleu acier! :yahoo:

IMG_8157.JPG

When this design was issued in 2009, H wasn't even on my radar; by the time it was, in 2013, LFaSdV was already the stuff of legend. I waffled for ages on whether to pursue one at all, and if so, which color (between a black/white LFaSDV and a blue/white DuJA, I'd be on dialysis!). A couple instances of the vieux rose colorway crossed my path for really reasonable prices, and I almost clicked the button each time, but something held me back; the colors didn't feel "just right." However, I had always admired this icy version when modeled here (@lanit and a few others, though exactly who is escaping me at the moment), and I realized the the pops of pink and blue-gray tones were really the perfect colors for me. When the reseller I was watching slashed the price twice in as many weeks, I knew this was about as good as it was going to get. This lady arrived about three weeks ago, but it's my first time wearing her. Thankfully it's a bit chilly here today, so I can give her an honest outing before things warm up again for good. Thanks to @turfnsurf for your advice before I took the plunge!

In a Cookie knot:
IMG_8142.JPG

Twisted twice:
IMG_8163.JPG

Trying to be hip and cool by taking a mirror selfie but looking like a caveman pawing a camera instead :giggle::
IMG_8168.jpg

Lovely intro, bunny. I adore that cavalcadour. It is a scarf I have thought about often. Looks great on you in purple!

Thank you Awillow!

Beautiful Paperoles! That hem is stunning!!!

Gorgeous colors in your Rosarie!

I was late in the game to appreciate Kermit Oliver. I’ve since had many of his scarves but have re-homed most (gah including a La Vie au Sauvage and a Dallas 70cm TW). My biggest regret was re-homing the TW in steel blue.

I’ve got a couple of Pawnees (despite a previous aversion to faces on my scarves) and I’ve kept 2 TW (a rust is in the re-home pile as it is a similar cw to my Colliers de Chien). One is a navy (placeholder for my re-homed steel blue) and this yellow which was a special Houston edition (just realized I was presenting animal derrière to the world)
View attachment 5061583

:lol: Sometimes you just might be talking to someone who needs to see a little animal derriere.... :lol:

We are twins again, LKB!! It’s beautiful on you. Here’s mine.
View attachment 5061633

Cosmographia was fab in pretty much all the CWs! Lovely!

View attachment 5061659View attachment 5061660View attachment 5061661

:lol: Better late than never! It's beauty!

So, basically my entire collection would qualify for this week - I've only got the one scarf purchased when it was actually in stores! That said, I've been waiting excitedly for this week to share my grandmommy of them all, La Femme in bleu acier! :yahoo:

View attachment 5061680

When this design was issued in 2009, H wasn't even on my radar; by the time it was, in 2013, LFaSdV was already the stuff of legend. I waffled for ages on whether to pursue one at all, and if so, which color (between a black/white LFaSDV and a blue/white DuJA, I'd be on dialysis!). A couple instances of the vieux rose colorway crossed my path for really reasonable prices, and I almost clicked the button each time, but something held me back; the colors didn't feel "just right." However, I had always admired this icy version when modeled here (@lanit and a few others, though exactly who is escaping me at the moment), and I realized the the pops of pink and blue-gray tones were really the perfect colors for me. When the reseller I was watching slashed the price twice in as many weeks, I knew this was about as good as it was going to get. This lady arrived about three weeks ago, but it's my first time wearing her. Thankfully it's a bit chilly here today, so I can give her an honest outing before things warm up again for good. Thanks to @turfnsurf for your advice before I took the plunge!

In a Cookie knot:
View attachment 5061711

Twisted twice:
View attachment 5061712

Trying to be hip and cool by taking a mirror selfie but looking like a caveman pawing a camera instead :giggle::
View attachment 5061718

Congrats on your FauSduV in such pretty CW!

View attachment 5061584

Yes- I can see that this would be very versatile! Beautifully tied!

Status
Not open for further replies.