Sofia Rainbow bag; Pictures and opinions wanted!

I’ve always said, ferragamo bags are the most underrated bags. I love their bags, and I have a lot of them! The quality of their leather far exceeds the more popular , more expensive brands. Sometimes I really wonder if people just buy the “brand” and label and don’t even consider the quality of the material that they pay for. I just purchased the Sofia rainbow, will post photos when I get it. It has multicolor inside when you open it, thus the name “rainbow”. This is another version of the classic Sofia. The Sofia rainbow has two zippers in the front vertically so when you unzip, the different leather colors are displayed. It is also a smoother, Lighter calf leather, not pebble wash.

I agree with you! I'll be excited to see your Sofia rainbow. I missed this in the boutiques (as did many of us, it sounds) and it is a regret for sure.

I’ve always said, ferragamo bags are the most underrated bags. I love their bags, and I have a lot of them! The quality of their leather far exceeds the more popular , more expensive brands. Sometimes I really wonder if people just buy the “brand” and label and don’t even consider the quality of the material that they pay for. I just purchased the Sofia rainbow, will post photos when I get it. It has multicolor inside when you open it, thus the name “rainbow”. This is another version of the classic Sofia. The Sofia rainbow has two zippers in the front vertically so when you unzip, the different leather colors are displayed. It is also a smoother, Lighter calf leather, not pebble wash.
641CE737-F223-4107-8711-42141B228EB3.jpeg

044EB86A-F863-45DD-8FA9-CCC0AD2228BD.jpegHere it is !!

It's beautiful! I actually looked at that exact bag in boutique and decided to think it over. Bad move on my part. I love the color so much!
Grab the next one! It is the more practical design for the Sofia. The small is so spacious, very practical and light to carry. My only concern with the leather finish is that I can’t use a leather cleaner , it seems to stain it . I just wonder if they did not have an outer coating on the leather . Nevertheless , I’ve sprayed the leather protector and i feel safer now.

Grab the next one! It is the more practical design for the Sofia. The small is so spacious, very practical and light to carry. My only concern with the leather finish is that I can’t use a leather cleaner , it seems to stain it . I just wonder if they did not have an outer coating on the leather . Nevertheless , I’ve sprayed the leather protector and i feel safer now.
It’s good that you treated it-peace of mind. If I can find one, I’ll grab it! I tried on the large in the boutique and preferred the smaller size, like you do. Love your pics, thank you for posting!

There are some Sofia rainbow on eBay and Poshmark , etc . And yes, look at the details and make sure it is not fake.

I have a medium Sophia already! The rainbows are pretty but I couldn't figure out what I would do with the rainbow pockets, so I ended up saying no! But who knows, I might change my mind and want the Vara Bow Rainbow. :biggrin:

I have a medium Sophia already! The rainbows are pretty but I couldn't figure out what I would do with the rainbow pockets, so I ended up saying no! But who knows, I might change my mind and want the Vara Bow Rainbow. :biggrin:
Front pockets receipt and masks on the next pocket :smile: I actually love the pockets. I have the classic Sophia and I don’t reach for it after all these years, probably because it has a small opening and deep base, whereas the rainbow is like a box. Very practical to have the big compartment and light bag at that. Small but spacious bag. As I’ve said my only issue is why the leather does not seem to be coated well, I can’t even use a leather cleaner bec it stains. I wonder if anyone knows. All of my other bags are cleanable. I will talk to the SA at the boutique store as they may know.

DC574613-62CB-4A46-90C7-642BAD1627DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Front pockets receipt and masks on the next pocket :smile: I actually love the pockets. I have the classic Sophia and I don’t reach for it after all these years, probably because it has a small opening and deep base, whereas the rainbow is like a box. Very practical to have the big compartment and light bag at that. Small but spacious bag. As I’ve said my only issue is why the leather does not seem to be coated well, I can’t even use a leather cleaner bec it stains. I wonder if anyone knows. All of my other bags are cleanable. I will talk to the SA at the boutique store as they may know.

View attachment 5053538
Thank you for the helpful pic! These pockets are more practical than whatever bag I saw and did not find useful! Does this one have the rear pocket that is phone friendly? Or is the rainbow pocket phone friendly?

Thank you for the helpful pic! These pockets are more practical than whatever bag I saw and did not find useful! Does this one have the rear pocket that is phone friendly? Or is the rainbow pocket phone friendly?
Rear pocket can hold a phone, but sticking out. As for the front pocket, it can hold a bigger iPhone pro max size.