Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

Yet not as ridiculous as these prices. And several have sold at these prices. :amazed: This just makes me scratch my head.
One thing to note is “showing something as online and then marking as Sold “ may not be TRUE always !

it could be apart of marketing strategy -there could be fake posts or even same bags posted as multiples

- and marking them as sold actually creates FOMO among buyers !

it is s marketing strategy ! Sad but happens

Right?? My first thought was - someone worked really hard to get that 21s white mini and turned around and sold it to FP to what, break even? Or did FP pay them out over retail? The sad thing is I went back and checked and it was gone within a day or two, so the demand is obviously there. Looks like the problem will continue...

FP can pay over retail for certain items (especially mini). I can see them pay 1k over retail for this mini then sell it for 2k over retail, considering all the craze over iridescent...

On top of this, I don't know HOW they are getting these bags UNLESS they live close by and can run it to the store. Why do I say that? Because for the past week, I have NOT been able to get anyone to answer the phone at LV or CHANEL at ANY Saks or Neimans. I mean...NO ONE picks up. Yet, the store is open. Not everyone lives near (and by near I mean an hour plus each way) to a store selling these lines so HOW am I supposed to get one? I simply can't get access to anything because I can't reach a human being. So, I'm left with buying from a reseller if I truly want an item. SO frustrated by this.

I think most of these SAs find these type of clients on social media or word of mouth because it’s a guaranteed sale for them they don’t care what happens from that point. I have been on 6 different lists in 2 different states for Chanel minis either size and ANY color. Guess what? It’s been about 3 months and nothing coming ANYTIME soon. The SAs are like flies on s$!+ when something comes in they want to be able sell faster than the other SA.

On top of this, I don't know HOW they are getting these bags UNLESS they live close by and can run it to the store. Why do I say that? Because for the past week, I have NOT been able to get anyone to answer the phone at LV or CHANEL at ANY Saks or Neimans. I mean...NO ONE picks up. Yet, the store is open. Not everyone lives near (and by near I mean an hour plus each way) to a store selling these lines so HOW am I supposed to get one? I simply can't get access to anything because I can't reach a human being. So, I'm left with buying from a reseller if I truly want an item. SO frustrated by this.
Unfortunately you need a SA’s contact. You could check the SAs thread and ask people to share a contact

Unfortunately you need a SA’s contact. You could check the SAs thread and ask people to share a contact

I have requested SA's.....nothing. The ones I did have either lost their jobs when the boutique closed or the mall itself went under housing where I shopped. Two of my SA's retired. I'd love to find one but with phones not being answered, how the heck is that going to happen?! *heavy sigh* Geez, it shouldn't be THIS FREAKING HARD, you know? No wonder people just suck it up and spend DOUBLE the money via resellers.

I have requested SA's.....nothing. The ones I did have either lost their jobs when the boutique closed or the mall itself went under housing where I shopped. Two of my SA's retired. I'd love to find one but with phones not being answered, how the heck is that going to happen?! *heavy sigh* Geez, it shouldn't be THIS FREAKING HARD, you know? No wonder people just suck it up and spend DOUBLE the money via resellers.
Dont stress, this is just for time being - once people start travelling again and once borders open am sure everything will be back to normal !

Where are you located? Maybe someone near you can refer you to a SA.

Reactions: Model T
Chanel SA likes to sell to Resellers cuz they are the middle man, don’t have to worry about returns since all sales are finals. It’s kind of like buying from Amazon vs going directly to the store ( at least Amazon sometimes allow returns). Normal customer would have to pay tax, and premium pricing, shipping plus fees on top for resellers. I suggest we all should become resellers, taken on a 2nd job. Then let’s see how demand and supply works out.

Chanel SA likes to sell to Resellers cuz they are the middle man, don’t have to worry about returns since all sales are finals. It’s kind of like buying from Amazon vs going directly to the store ( at least Amazon sometimes allow returns). Normal customer would have to pay tax, and premium pricing, shipping plus fees on top for resellers. I suggest we all should become resellers, taken on a 2nd job. Then let’s see how demand and supply works out.
You are absolutely right ! What if a normal buyer become a reseller we can post on our insta accounts and see how real resellers/Chanel react. !

Reactions: zaraha

if you're looking for a current season item, you can contact CHANEL directly via chat or phone. If you have the style number, they can check inventory (only boutiques) and put you in contact with a SA. A bit harder work if you have to contact Chanel inside NM / Saks, etc.

Reactions: Model T and cjj