Date Code & "Made In" Questions

Hello! i hope someone can help me this. I am trying to buy this bag that i attached the photo to the thread; but what i found odd was the date code and how it is attached. Can someone please help me verify if it's authentic. Btw it is a milla pochette mm from the murakami collection back in the 2000's. Are date codes like that? ive never seen one like that..
i searched the code and it came up 28th week of 2014 in france, but i aint no authenticator.. gl

Hello! i hope someone can help me this. I am trying to buy this bag that i attached the photo to the thread; but what i found odd was the date code and how it is attached. Can someone please help me verify if it's authentic. Btw it is a milla pochette mm from the murakami collection back in the 2000's. Are date codes like that? ive never seen one like that..

mine is embossed on the lining inside the pocket - hope this helps
1D518731-F3AF-4BED-99BD-9D4732C619A2.jpeg

As an FYI, date codes are being phased out. Bags will not necessarily have a date code, depending on when it was made. Bags will have a chip instead.
I for one, will certainly miss those "date codes". I will have no way of remembering when I will buy future bags except sorting thru all the vast piles of receipts....:hrmm:

Reactions: lemondln
We don't and also are not allowed to authenticate here. Especially with so little info. A date code means very very little.

Am I looking at a fake?
Sully with a date code of SD1202. Isn’t that 20th week of 2022? Thanks!

Oh I wasn’t looking for authentication. I just wanted to verify I was reading the code correctly. Sorry!!
Yes, you are reading it right. But the formula we fans know is far from accurate. Just this week I read from 2 ladies on the forum, who both bought from the store, that one bag of theirs was 2 weeks 'from the future', and the other was 25 years off.

Is that new? I thought it was standard: 2 letters followed by 4 digits. The letters represent the factory location. The first and third numbers represent the week of the year, and the second and forth numbers represent the year.
Is that only for older bags?

Oh I wasn’t looking for authentication. I just wanted to verify I was reading the code correctly. Sorry!!

If I'm not mistaken the format for years before 200
Is that new? I thought it was standard: 2 letters followed by 4 digits. The letters represent the factory location. The first and third numbers represent the week of the year, and the second and forth numbers represent the year.
Is that only for older bags?
It was known to be like this but there have been irregularities because they probably count weeks different and I've had a week in advance shown too! Either way from March on they have replaced datecodes with chips so let's see how that turns out for buyers

No more date codes!!! Fun fact . In case anyone hasn’t heard, Louis Vuitton has now as of March 1, 2021 stopped putting date codes in many of their wallets. I ordered a Clemence wallet day before yesterday, and was so surprised that when I got it I could not find a date code. I thought it was maybe an oversight, but I called Louis Vuitton and the gentleman informed me that they are no longer putting date codes in many of their wallets and have started adding micro chips moving forward. The microchip is hidden between the canvas and the leather and cannot be seen, but if you ever need to take your item in for repair or exchange, they have a scanner that they can scan to verify that it is indeed their product. So if you’re buying or selling, and you come across a Louis Vuitton item that doesn’t have a date code , don’t be alarmed as it is their new transitional phase where they are micro chipping their items now.

Reactions: Gretiemorris
@Lvgirl101 ,
Thanks for the update on date codes.
Has anyone bought anything recently (from the store), with a date code that makes no sense?
I’m wondering if the change to chipping has anything to do with a nonsensical date code in a product I bought not too long ago. ‍
Fyi, I bought an item direct from a LV boutique at the beginning of March (desk agenda) and only checked date code out of curiosity yesterday.

edited for better clarity.

Last edited:
@Lvgirl101 ,
Thanks for the update on date codes.
Has anyone bought anything recently (from the store), with a date code that makes no sense?
I’m wondering if the change to chipping has anything to do with a nonsensical date code in a product I bought not too long ago. ‍
Fyi, I bought an item direct from a LV boutique at the beginning of March (desk agenda) and only checked date code out of curiosity yesterday.

edited for better clarity.

I purchased the LV Zippy (March 26th, 2021) with no date code inside from the LV website. I called LV online and was told they put microchips inside. I have no way of accessing this info. The lady on the phone told me to keep the receipt as proof of purchase. I am frustrated that anyone could use an old receipt and sell a fake. I am going to go to my local store to ask about this chip. I'm considering returning it for an old wallet with a stamp.

I feel like I am being paranoid.