Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I hope MM will not try to copy Diana's Dearest Pa letters and do a Dearest Grandpa. It would be gruesome.

In 2007, letters between the duke and the princess were published in an attempt to refute claims that he had been hostile to his daughter-in-law.
Dubbed the Dearest Pa letters, they showed he had been a source of great support to Diana, a fact underlined by the warm tones in which she wrote to him.

Very sorry. RIP Philip! :sad:
1617978904393.png
The Queen today announced with 'deep sorrow' the death of her husband Prince Philip at the age of 99, her 'strength and guide' throughout their 73-year marriage and her 69-year reign.

The Duke of Edinburgh spent his final days at Windsor Castle with his wife, who he lovingly called Lilibet throughout their long life together, after a 28-night stay in hospital having been admitted in mid-February for an infection and a pre-existing heart condition.

Her Majesty announced her husband's death at midday as the Union Flag was lowered to half-mast outside Buckingham Palace and on public buildings across the UK and Commonwealth, while members of the public hugged and wiped away tears as they laid flowers in his memory - and messages of love and support for the Queen and her family.

A state funeral including a flotilla of boats on the Thames to mark his life looks impossible due to covid restrictions, but the Duke was said to have disliked the idea because he 'didn't want the fuss'. Details will emerge in the next few days, with the plan nicknamed 'Operation Forth Bridge', but the public have already been urged to stay away to avoid spreading Covid-19.

I'm surprised at myself how sad the news of Philip's passing have made me. My heart breaks for the Queen.
Me, too. She must be so beside herself with grief. I can't even imagine her pain.
My heart breaks for the Queen. I was just thinking how Philip was probably one of the last (if not the last) person alive who clearly remembers the Queen's father and other beloved family members in her life who have since long passed away. So his loss is probably doubly hard - losing a beloved husband in and of himself, plus one of her last links to her young adulthood.

The all thing is turning into a comedy. :girlshocked:

"The Archbishop of Canterbury last night sparked a major backlash after he said being a royal is like serving 'life without parole' amid the fallout from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's exit from the Firm.

Justin Welby, the outspoken head of the Church of England, was accused of being 'singularly inappropriate' and 'jumping on a woke bandwagon' after appearing to throw his weight behind the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who quit royal duties and moved to California last year to strike out on their own.

Royal experts have now accused the archbishop of trying to make amends with Team Sussex as he told the Financial Times: 'It's life without parole, isn't it? If you go back to the 1930s, Edward VIII - he was still a celeb and followed everywhere once he'd abdicated. We expect them to be superhuman.
"

Talk about a bizarre viewpoint. QE is the leader of his religion as one of her duties. Is he saying the church he manages is forcing some kind of penal servitude upon her and her family?
Also, not to get too political but when did Welby last visit a prison? I wouldn’t say the similarities are springing out to me.

I’m surprised this thread so quiet.
I was trying to get on it for hours and the page wouldn’t load. I assumed it was overloaded because of the news but maybe they just can’t get on :wtf:

I hope MM will not try to copy Diana's Dearest Pa letters and do a Dearest Grandpa. It would be gruesome.

In 2007, letters between the duke and the princess were published in an attempt to refute claims that he had been hostile to his daughter-in-law.
Dubbed the Dearest Pa letters, they showed he had been a source of great support to Diana, a fact underlined by the warm tones in which she wrote to him.

Even as grasping and greedy for attention as she is, Meghan has nothing to back up a letter like that. She didn't stick around long enough to get to know him. She was there for 18 months and she was planning their departure almost from the Day 1. Diana was there for years and actually knew Philip. Of course in the wacky fantasy world of Meghan's head maybe she believes Philip admired her and they had a close relationship. :rolleyes:

My heart breaks for the Queen. I was just thinking how Philip was probably one of the last (if not the last) person alive who clearly remembers the Queen's father and other beloved family members in her life who have since long passed away. So his los sis probably doubly hard - losing a beloved husband in and of himself, plus one of her last links to her young adulthood.
I feel sad too. I think one of the hardest parts of living to a great age must be losing your contemporaries and those memories you shared with them. I felt teary at the news, even though it’s not unexpected. I’m so sorry for the Queen, she will miss him dreadfully.

I feel sad too. I think one of the hardest parts of living to a great age must be losing your contemporaries and those memories you shared with them. I felt teary at the news, even though it’s not unexpected. I’m so sorry for the Queen, she will miss him dreadfully.
Completely agreed. It must be terribly lonely to live to a great age, even if one is lucky enough to be surrounded by other, younger family members.

Even as grasping and greedy for attention as she is, Meghan has nothing to back up a letter like that. She didn't stick around long enough to get to know him. She was there for 18 months and she was planning their departure almost from the Day 1. Diana was there for years and actually knew Philip. Of course in the wacky fantasy world of Meghan's head maybe she believes Philip admired her and they had a close relationship. :rolleyes:
I bet they actually only met less than 10 times. I don't even think she's met Charles, Camilla, William and Catherine much more than that tbh.

My thoughts exactly. Harry might even dig up an old photo from his forgotten childhood, while MM will spin some tale about how kind Philip was to her - the dead can't tell her off if she fabricates it from thin air.
Nah, it'll just make it easier for them to conveniently mention that it was in fact Gramps Phil who made the baby skin colour comment. Easier to throw a dead man under the bus than get into a scuffle with Cast Iron Anne.

Nah, it'll just make it easier for them to conveniently mention that it was in fact Gramps Phil who made the baby skin colour comment. Easier to throw a dead man under the bus than get into a scuffle with Cast Iron Anne.
they already said (thorugh Oprah?) it wasn't the queen or Phllip - leaving everyone to think it might be his father or his brother

Last edited: