Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Will never agree with cancel culture. It is the work of mobs. Of course, incompetence in a role is another issue. Although there are many incompetent people carrying on in very highly paid positions so ...hey it’s an imperfect world.
What does being abusive toward others bring to any society?
Cancel culture is about making people accountable for their speech and/or actions.
For example in this thread, some users are saying that they will not use any products promoted by H and M, aren’t they effectively trying to cancel the couple?
Or is cancel culture only when it reflects certain political views?
I say cancel and counter cancel! :lol:

It’s a question of degrees I guess.
I don’t appreciate the impact cancel culture is having on arts or on relatively powerless individuals. A lot of it is not especially nuanced or even well informed.
Example, por favor?
Are you referring to people cancelling artists for their political views? Or because in the public eyes their art suck?
A while back while at the head of Dior, Galliano was cancelled for his antisemitic rants, he disappeared for a while and is now the head of Maison Margiela.
Cancelling does not have to be permanent.
However, John does not have the right either to be insensitive and hateful toward other human beings.
Just my two cents.

Are you against the People protesting?
Are you mad that the Boston museum cancelled the exhibit?

I’m fine with people protesting. But the museum shouldn’t have shut down the event. Had this been 5 years later, the museum may have gotten looted and burnt to the ground so maybe they should consider themselves fortunate.

I’m not really on this chat to justify my opinions to you. sorry. In my view my own opinions are reasonably held. But on the flip side I’m really not hauling you to account to justify your opinions either. So there’s that. You asked for an example of cancel culture impacting culture in a way I see as detrimental, and out of an excess of goodwill I provided one to you. If you are interested you can follow up with further inquiry or do your own research. :flowers:
Are you against the People protesting?
Are you mad that the Boston museum cancelled the exhibit?

I’m not really on this chat to justify my opinions to you. sorry. In my view my own opinions are reasonably held. But on the flip side I’m really not hauling you to account to justify your opinions either. So there’s that. You asked for an example of cancel culture impacting culture in a way I see as detrimental, and out of an excess of goodwill I provided one to you. If you are interested you can follow up with further inquiry or do your own research. :flowers:
I am genuinely interested in your POV :smartass:
Anyways, this is totally off topic.
Let’s cancel this entire conversation.

Another lawsuit? :popcorn:

"Angela Levin says the Duchess of Sussex will hit back in the “verbal boxing match” after the former Good Morning Britain presenter’s hour-long Fox News interview with Tucker Carlson...

Now Ms Levin, author of Harry: Conversations with the Prince, says Piers could have a similar lawsuit on his hands soon - as she believes Meghan “will fight back.

So they’ll carry on bashing away, and I imagine she has lawyers working out a sentence or verb or something that piers said that they could jump on...

She's got a very very aggressive legal team and I always think it's amazing what these lawyers can come up with.

“I think Piers is a brave man but let's wait and see
"

Told you so—- silence for few days=prepping