Book tote discolouration

May 13, 2018
Hi everyone, I thought I’d share my recent scare.

I’ve had my small book tote ever since they first came out and have worn it quite a few times. About a month ago I thought I’d finally send her in to get a personalization done.

Sadly, as I made my way to the store I noticed the discolouration. My sa said that he’s seen this happen with a few other book totes. She is currently sent out for inspection/repair. My SA couldn’t promise a fix but some of the other cases did so fingers crossed.

The discolouration were mostly on the centre top of the bag (above the dior logo), and on the side edges. The blue shading of the monogram turned a shade of purple. The bag smelled like vinegar too. No idea how this happened.

DE4B3620-E3AE-4A44-B5EB-8BEAB8FE2EE3.jpeg

9A3D3177-AC6A-4762-BCC3-5088447AA24B.jpeg

E067BBE7-FD54-4E17-BABB-356C07C9B4F1.jpeg

I’ve had my small book tote ever since they first came out and have worn it quite a few times. About a month ago I thought I’d finally send her in to get a personalization done.

Sadly, as I made my way to the store I noticed the discolouration. My sa said that he’s seen this happen with a few other book totes. She is currently sent out for inspection/repair. My SA couldn’t promise a fix but some of the other cases did so fingers crossed.

The discolouration were mostly on the centre top of the bag (above the dior logo), and on the side edges. The blue shading of the monogram turned a shade of purple. The bag smelled like vinegar too. No idea how this happened.

View attachment 5045430

View attachment 5045431

View attachment 5045432
Yikes! Hopefully they can do something about it. Seems like something happened to the dyes in the lighter blue thread.

I wonder if is the tote sensitive to water.... I always thought they are somewhat coated but upon seeing the pix I might be wrong...

I’ve worn the bag a couple of times in the snow and nothing bad happened immediately afterwards. My friend was caught in the rain with her red oblique and it was fine (minor structure loss). Hopefully I’ll find out the cause when I pick her up and I’ll post an update here.

View attachment 5045430

View attachment 5045431

View attachment 5045432
Hi, i have the same problem with mine! I got it from another country, so I'm not sure my local boutique would be able to help me with anything.... :confused1: I don't have a profile locally, do you think I could try going to ask about mine?

Hi, i have the same problem with mine! I got it from another country, so I'm not sure my local boutique would be able to help me with anything.... :confused1: I don't have a profile locally, do you think I could try going to ask about mine?
Doesn’t hurt to ask. Bring the proof of purchase because that was the first thing they asked for when I brought mine in. Good luck!

I get store credit but I haven’t decided on a bag yet. Might get the same one I had or the toile de jouy.

Hi! Update - Dior has said that it cannot be fixed and I will get credit as well. Did you get the amount of credit at the original purchase price or is it the current price? I've heard that it now costs so much more than when I got it a couple years ago... What did you end up using your credits for?

Reactions: sweetlikechocolate