In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

Happy Saturday everyone, from a lovely day here on US East Coast...
A few miscellaneous updates to share...
- I got tired of waiting for Tiffany to announce any Elsa Peretti pieces, so I chatted with Tiffany online help. The SA was great, and she said there are no plans that she is aware of for any Peretti launch. She said she has gotten other similar inquiries, and there has been an increased interest in Peretti. I actually doubt she reallys know the corporate marketing & sales strategy. I still plan to wait a few more months before I buy any Peretti as it may take that long to produce & launch a special collection.

- I told her I was looking for a jumbo platinum starfish on a long chain. The good news, she found one that is 43mm, hung on a black sillk cord. The bad news, it's $30K. She also checked if Tiffany would swap out the black silk cord for a platinum chain which Tiffany said will not as it will alter the design. She said I could do it on my own (a jeweler may have to thread through the small opening or make the opening a bit larger for a chain to slip through), but it may void any Tiffany warranty. Forgetting the chain, I'm disppointed the starfish is $30K because a similar size platinum brooch online is only $9K. I was thinking the price would be around $15K, I thought maybe I would pay up to $20K for a jumbo pendant, but it's definitely not worth $30K to me. Sigh. :sad:

Here is the link to the brooch online for $9K. It's only 1mm smaller at 42mm.
Elsa Peretti® Starfish brooch in platinum with pavé diamonds. | Tiffany & Co.

Here is a photo of the 43mm pendant for $30K. It really seems incorrectly priced. This starfish pendant is 43mm, only 1mm larger than the 42mm starfish brooch. I do like this starfish pendant shape better... his little legs are all spread out more evenly than the brooch, but at more than triple the price, nope.

As FYI, if anyone is interested in purchasing this little guy, there are two of them...one in NY and the other in Hawaii. It is not posted on their website, but online sales can help, just ask for the "43mm Starfish Diamond Pave Pendant on a Silk Cord". I also have an SA name if you are interested (I hope someone here on our forum buys this little guy... he's so cute! It's like one of his his little legs is taking a dip in to test out the temperature of the ocean water).
View attachment 5043774

Yes! This is the same larger pavé pendant I tried on last year. It's the same starfish I posted a few pages back, (linked here) but it's platinum (vs silver), and completely pavéd in diamonds. It's so gorgeous! :love: Their dimensions often make no sense to me! :upsidedown: My smaller pavé brooch (shown in the link you provided above) measures about 35mm at narrowest and 42mm at its widest. And, it's the exact same pavé starfish used for my smaller pendant. My larger silver starfish pendant is identical to the large pavé pendant you posted. It measures 43mm at narrowest, but about 52mm at widest. So, they're not measuring each item in a congruent way, if that makes sense! (They noted the wider dimension for one, and narrower dim for the other.) Let me know if would be helpful, I can try to take a pic later with both of my pieces together. The larger pendant is significantly bigger. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: limom and BigAkoya
Yes! This is the same larger pavé pendant I tried on last year. It's the same starfish I posted a few pages back, (linked here) but it's platinum (vs silver), and completely pavéd in diamonds. It's so gorgeous! :love: Their dimensions often make no sense to me! :upsidedown: My smaller pavé brooch (shown in the link you provided above) measures about 35mm at narrowest and 42mm at its widest. And, it's the exact same pavé starfish used for my smaller pendant. My larger silver starfish pendant is identical to the large pavé pendant you posted. It measures 43mm at narrowest, but about 52mm at widest. So, they're not measuring each item in a congruent way, if that makes sense! (They noted the wider dimension for one, and narrower dim for the other.) Let me know if would be helpful, I can try to take a pic later with both of my pieces together. The larger pendant is significantly bigger. :smile:
Thank you for that detailed explanation, and it makes perfect sense now the higher price. I would love a comparison photo. It's so goofy how Tiffany does not measure the dimensions the same way. But... on the upside, the silver one you have IS the jumbo one? It did not say that on the website, so I just assumed it was also the same size as the smaller pave one. I love the jumbo starfish on you, especially when you put it on your silver chain. I may just get the silver starfish, buy a chain from Tiffany and if it doesn't thread through the hole, I can ask my local jeweler to take off the clasp, thread it, and put the clasp back on (hmm.. maybe that's goofy). Oh... thinking out loud... I already bought a Tiffany 30" silver chain to hang my Chinese Takeout Pillbox on my neck, so I could test it with that chain to see if the hold is big enough. I don't think it will work because of the round circle clasp.

By the way, how does the black silk cord close? I have never paid attention to it as I was never interested in a corded necklace. Is it just a knot? Or is there a metal clasp?

This is great... thank you so much! Can't wait to see your photo, but no rush at all.

Thank you for that detailed explanation, and it makes perfect sense now the higher price. I would love a comparison photo. It's so goofy how Tiffany does not measure the dimensions the same way. But... on the upside, the silver one you have IS the jumbo one? It did not say that on the website, so I just assumed it was also the same size as the smaller pave one. I love the jumbo starfish on you, especially when you put it on your silver chain. I may just get the silver starfish, buy a chain from Tiffany and if it doesn't thread through the hole, I can ask my local jeweler to take off the clasp, thread it, and put the clasp back on (hmm.. maybe that's goofy). Oh... thinking out loud... I already bought a Tiffany 30" silver chain to hang my Chinese Takeout Pillbox on my neck, so I could test it with that chain to see if the hold is big enough. I don't think it will work because of the round circle clasp.

By the way, how does the black silk cord close? I have never paid attention to it as I was never interested in a corded necklace. Is it just a knot? Or is there a metal clasp?

This is great... thank you so much! Can't wait to see your photo, but no rush at all.
Buying the Starfish in silver sounds like a great idea! Your idea doesn’t sound goofy at all- makes perfect sense to me. I wonder if Tiffany will replace the chain for you?

What a find...love it!!!
Thank you! :hugs: I’m excited for it. It will be my 3rd Peretti Charm Bracelet but definitely will be the most wearable. The silver and stone one I own is beautiful but definitely more fragile. I’ve have a single 22mm Open Heart for years which I love but the charm is large. I think this new one will be the best of both worlds. Now I just need a gold Peretti charm bracelet and I’m all set:lol:.

Amazing collection! What is the name of your pendant? I’m not familiar with it and would love to know more.
It’s a credit card holder. I originally used it as such but forgot to remove the card, so I reported the card lost. Much later, when I went to wear it again, I found the card in it. Since then I’ve used it empty....
I had seen it in a TCO store and then decided to purchase one. By then, they had been “retired” but I was told there was one (on the computer) in Atlanta. The Atlanta store had no record of it. A few weeks later, I walked into the Stanford Center TCO and it was in the EP display section. It was just there waiting for me so I bought it immediately!

It’s a credit card holder. I originally used it as such but forgot to remove the card, so I reported the card lost. Much later, when I went to wear it again, I found the card in it. Since then I’ve used it empty....
I had seen it in a TCO store and then decided to purchase one. By then, they had been “retired” but I was told there was one (on the computer) in Atlanta. The Atlanta store had no record of it. A few weeks later, I walked into the Stanford Center TCO and it was in the EP display section. It was just there waiting for me so I bought it immediately!
Great story and piece!

Reactions: keodi and diane278