In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

May 29, 2010
I thought the best way to honor such an important jewelry designer’s life would be to celebrate and wear her pieces. Here are a few of my favorites in my collection. I chose these pieces to share because many are less common and some designs haven’t been made in over 10 years.

Other pieces I own include:

16mm Open Heart (yellow gold and my first Peretti piece)
22mm Open Heart in yellow gold 11mm Open Heart in platinum
.14 DBTY in yellow gold
.25 5 Stone Sprinkle Necklace in silver
Open Heart Hoop earrings in sterling Bean in 14mm

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I was planning of sending you a message this morning asking you which are your top EP pieces.

I have about 1.5 dozen of her pieces. They are in silver, YG, RG and platinum. She has changed the way I wear jewelry. There are days where I would have 7 to 8 of Peretti pieces on and I do not feel it’s over the top. I wear 4 DBTY bracelets and one of my two stacking rings about 350 days a year. I pretty much wear the DBTY bracelets 247.

My favorite Peretti piece in my collection is this bracelet. My other 4 DBTY bracelets would be close second followed by DBTY necklaces.

Attachments

• BF0B72AD-8735-48B9-9B1F-FAC9F525E6FE.jpeg
    BF0B72AD-8735-48B9-9B1F-FAC9F525E6FE.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 167
Great thread. I am a big Elsa Peretti fan too. Her big silver pieces forever changed the way I buy jewelry. I love all her lines, but my favorite pieces are her bold silver which I wear often in the summer. Simple, yet striking. Here are my favorite pieces. If I could only have three pieces, it would be the bone cuff, large bottle necklace, and large turquoise cabachon ring.

Thanks for starting this thread. We can all see each other’s pieces and get ideas! I’m going to chill this afternoon, have a cup of hot tea and a scone, and browse on the Tiffany website. :biggrin:

C6137A61-C3F6-4ACB-90E8-E8020E8714FD.pngEAA77A61-9B04-4C39-9387-0E3DA3AF4F96.png70660790-85FF-47A5-A2C2-DFBCA99261FB.jpeg

Great thread. I am a big Elsa Peretti fan too. Her big silver pieces forever changed the way I buy jewelry. I love all her lines, but my favorite pieces are her bold silver which I wear often in the summer. Simple, yet striking. Here are my favorite pieces. If I could only have three pieces, it would be the bone cuff, large bottle necklace, and large turquoise cabachon ring.

Thanks for starting this thread. We can all see each other’s pieces and get ideas! I’m going to chill this afternoon, have a cup of hot tea and a scone, and browse on the Tiffany website. :biggrin:

View attachment 5029329View attachment 5029331View attachment 5029332
Such a great collection! Loving the turquoise and Bone Cuff! I really want a Bone Cuff.

These aren’t designs, but a couple of books. ”Fifteen of my Fifty” is from 1990 for an exhibit at the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC. It’s done portfolio style, with each page a separate two-sided card. I didn’t see the exhibit, but purchased the book at Tiffany. The other is a 250 page catalogue which was free for the asking a couple years ago!!

A87C8A6B-3EE6-4286-ACA7-945E7E5841F2.jpegCA5725E7-86B0-4AE7-82F7-0EC2700E2469.jpeg5FD1D5A4-A819-4BDA-AB7B-286982BD38D5.jpegC520DFAA-3139-4F38-9F29-FFE578BC8934.jpeg3BE3A9D9-FFAF-49DF-A9C9-046302DBC23A.jpegE4D2DCCC-6B08-4801-A7BC-752C5A0846C8.jpegE4D139BA-7DAB-47F2-88AF-860EA279ADC8.jpeg

Last edited:
Such a great collection! Loving the turquoise and Bone Cuff! I really want a Bone Cuff.
I think you will really love the bone cuff. It is my favorite piece.

An interesting story on the two turquoise rings... why two of the same ring?
Those turquoise rings are my prized possessions among my Peretti pieces. They are discontinued and took me 5 years to find. I had been searching for years. Every time I went into a Tiffany, I would check and ask. I wanted the bold large size that looks like a gum ball ring. One day, I walk into the Tiffany in Westchester Mall, NY, and there it was, but it was the small size. Hmm... small, not the large. I almost did not get it, but then I hit myself on the head and said to myself "you've been looking for this ring for four years, it's discontinued, beggars can't be choosey!". The SA then said "the turquoise ring has been discontinued, this is the last piece." Ok.. sold! Fast forward a year, I walk into Tiffany in NYC to check out Peretti stuff. I buy the large bottle pendant. I am wearing the small turquoise cabochon ring. The SA sees my ring and says "the turquoise ring is discontinued, you are lucky you have one". I tell him "I really wanted the large one, but yes, I am happy I have this one". I tell the SA "if you ever see a large one come through, I would like it please". He says sure, but I expected nothing to come of it. A few days later he texts me and says he found the last one... in the UK! He said he called the stores in other countries directly... what a sweetie. OMG! I then thought, hmm... "do I need a second turquoise cabochon ring? Am I being greedy?" I ask my husband, and he says "you've been talking about this big gum ball turquoise ring for five years, this is your one and only chance, get it". Okay... sold! That's how I ended up with two of these rings. :biggrin:

I love Peretti's turquoise and have the turquoise set in her CBTY (e.g. earrings, dot pendant, long turquoise necklace). I saw your photos of your starfish pieces, and they look so beautiful and whimsical. So light and summery! I had never thought of that collection before. I did a quick scan and they have turquoise starfishes! I will check it out later today.

Thank you for inspiring me!