Where have all the Mulberry buyer's gone?

Dec 27, 2007
I've posted this question here because I dont think Mulberry forum gets much traffic now...
So where are all the past Mulberry lovers now turning their attention on? I know it seems a natural progression to climb the handbag ladder ending up with LV Chanel and Hermes but I think the type of person who loved the old traditional Mulberry wouldn't be going in that direction so where have they all gone...what bags are they buying now?
Thoughts would be welcome...

In the last few years I’ve bought LV, Givenchy, Gucci & Chloe bags, but still feel Mulberry is my natural home and “my” brand iyswim. I really like some of the new season bags & if I was going to treat myself, it would be a Mulberry. Chanel bags make me swoon, but could never see one fitting into my lifestyle of working with children & going to gigs, so will never go that far up the ladder.

I am interested where all the traffic on here went, do remember it being busier than this, but that when mulberry was a mainstream trend & Alexa dupes were everywhere you looked.

I am interested where all the traffic on here went, do remember it being busier than this, but that when mulberry was a mainstream trend & Alexa dupes were everywhere you looked.
I think any brand with easy-to-grab, classic and somewhat reasonably priced styles has gained a lot of following from former M fans. Mulberry bags were very easy to carry, they would fit nearly any style from boho to modern.

I think any brand with easy-to-grab, classic and somewhat reasonably priced styles has gained a lot of following from former M fans. Mulberry bags were very easy to carry, they would fit nearly any style from boho to modern.
That’s what I’ve always loved about M and I don’t think many of the other high end brands achieve that (chloe fits both classic & boho but for much more £££££). I like high street bags as well; fossil, longchamp etc are well made and fit in with my style/lifestyle.

I liked mulberry but I think they lost a lot of people with the price hike and attempt to transition into very high-end.

Now their prices are more reasonable but I think their current branding and photo campaign is totally bizarre and they’ve lost who the mulberry customer is. Mulberry was great because their bags were boho but still smart enough for work and evening looks.
I just look at this pic of Girl in crop top and clashing blue bag and I think it looks like Adidas.
mulberry is the opposite of a sports brand so why are they doing weirdly teenaged sporty looks?

Their designs are just too young for their demographic. Those plaid print bags look really teen- I can’t see a lot of women taking it to the office or the theatre. Conversely, lots of teens want a more mature look anyway- I remember wanting an oak Anthony as a teen so badly!

I liked mulberry but I think they lost a lot of people with the price hike and attempt to transition into very high-end.

Now their prices are more reasonable but I think their current branding and photo campaign is totally bizarre and they’ve lost who the mulberry customer is. Mulberry was great because their bags were boho but still smart enough for work and evening looks.
This! Exactly this. Earlier you could clearly see what the M lady looked like/ who she was. Now...well, the image is about as weird, mixed and clueless as their as campaigns have been in the recent years.

I've posted this question here because I dont think Mulberry forum gets much traffic now...
So where are all the past Mulberry lovers now turning their attention on? I know it seems a natural progression to climb the handbag ladder ending up with LV Chanel and Hermes but I think the type of person who loved the old traditional Mulberry wouldn't be going in that direction so where have they all gone...what bags are they buying now?
Thoughts would be welcome...

We're still around. Buying vintage mostly. After climbing the "handbag ladder" - my holy grail has been Celine, I realised I still love Mulberry the most. I was active on the Forum many years ago- 2013?? After finding a lovely vintage Bays on ebay, I started thinking about the forum, so here we are. I can't remember how many Mulberry bags have entered and left my collection ( now down to 4), but I don't regret buying any of them.

absolutely agree with this, I still haven’t gotten used to the price increase and it’s ten years since they released the Alexa at a higher than usual price point! I *still* see Mulberry as a £600 bag, not a £1k bag.

I am still watching Mulberry. The bags I own are still with me, as they are just gorgeous in color and leather.

My other favorited bag brands are Céline, Marc Jacobs (the old stuff), LV (only older styles and classics) and Balenciaga. I am not Hermes or Chanel fan at all...

I prefer simple and chic designs, so I would still buy Mulberry bags, but I just don‘t need much more bags and if I add one it really need to catch my eye.

One of the newer Mulberry is the Iris I am eyeing, but I already have similar styled bags at home, so still waiting on that...

They lost me immediately with the first Johnny Coca Season. Now that they are between designers and reissuing older styles, I am considering buying again.

Agree with this too. Every designer has to evolve, but the change was too quick, them redesigning the bayswater & postman’s lock while discontinuing loads of popular styles felt like them deliberately abandoning us for a new customer base. I like some of the recent bags - the amberley is lovely - but this season is the first in about five years that I’ve really wanted current bags.