Why choose eluxury over in-store purchase?

LilTiffany

O.G.
Jun 5, 2007
I noticed that a lot of ppl choose to buy on e-luxury instead of going to the LV stores...I was just wondering why this may be - is it b/c there are no LV stores close to you?

Personally, I still have yet to get my first LV, but I would imagine it'd be much more fun to go to the store and try a few on to make sure it was what I really wanted, and feel that blissful glee once I got my hands on that carrier bag!:yahoo:

Are there any other reasons why ppl choose to buy on elux vs. in store?

convenience. I love having things delivered to my front door. (okay, laziness!) but you can get more at the store than what you can get online so it depends on what you are looking for.

I am the one that prefers shopping in the store. I like walking out into the mall with my new shopping bag.

The only plus I see to Elux is that you don't pay sales tax and when they have free shipping (like right now) you can save a bundle!

NO SALES TAX!?!??!!

haha....*clearly* i've learned something today!!!

so let me get this straight.. if i were to purchase a bag off of elux, the price stated is the price i'd be paying (especially at a time like now when shipping is free):wtf:

There is no boutique near me; I have to travel way over a hundred miles to get to the nearest LV store. The pics you guys post here in the Forum helps me to see what the bags I purchase really look like. Your pics are way better than elux. ;)

I'm wondering why people say no sales tax. I live in California, I'm charged sales tax when I order from eLuxury. Well, to answer the question why I order from eLuxury is because:

1 - free shipping
2 - exchange/return policy up to 60 days vs. LV boutiques 14 days policy.
3 - nice, helpful people over the phone who could assist unlike a few SA at LV boutiques who are rude and snooty

I prefer to shop in the store because of the great experience every time. Plus you get to see the new arrivals at the boutique IRL. :tup:

I agree John...when I get to a store I go nuts; shopping at LV is always a great experience. I so dislike waiting for new stuff to get to elux.

NO SALES TAX!?!??!!

haha....*clearly* i've learned something today!!!

so let me get this straight.. if i were to purchase a bag off of elux, the price stated is the price i'd be paying (especially at a time like now when shipping is free)

Yup, the price stated is what you would exactly pay right now (since they are offering Free Shipping). :tup:

UNLESS:

1) They are not offering Free Shipping at the moment
2) You live in California or Tennessee (they charge sales tax for these 2 states)
3) You live in Hawaii or outside the United States (they do not ship LV to these destinations)
4) You have a APO/FPO address (they do not ship to these addresses either)

I do not have a boutique nearby so eluxury is my LV boutique. I thoroughly enjoy the boutique experience when I go to Vegas though.

kind of disrespectful to find a way around our filter don't you think?
We have that word censored for a reason, please don't jack w/ it to figure out a way to post it anyhow against Megs and Vlad's wished.