Damier Canvas darken in time?

donnydp

Vanessa_CA
Jun 21, 2007
Hello,

I have 2 damier canvas bags. One is a brera the other speedy 30. The Brera my mom bought it 5 years ago. I notice that the canvas is slightly darker than my brand, new speedy 30 (I bought 2 weeks ago) Are damier bags suppose to darken in time. I'm curios to know. Here's a photo to compare.

Attachments

• coll1.jpg
    coll1.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 331
Hmmm... I'm sure it will darken over time! I mean, dirt and oils from your hands and such makes everything darker, not just vachetta. So it does make sense that it's darker, KWIM?

I think some of the newer Damier Canvas pieces are lighter in color - actually, I've noticed inconsistencies with the Damier bags that were displayed (because one was really, really off, much lighter and it even looked fake) and remarked to an SA who promptly brushed my question aside...

I don't think it darkens over time it might be that there are slight color variations in all canvas material i've noticed especially in hard side pices it might be because their screen printing machinery evolves? over time causing the inks to print lighter or darker paterns?:confused1:
I mean I don't think they can get the exact same color 100% of the time they might even discard some of the off colored canvas like when the ink runs out in you'r printer the copy's come out lighter it might be the same case with the LV printing process, I hope I don't sound like a dork:shame:

oh and look at the date code it might be that the darker pice it's older and the lighter one is newer...