Professionals & their LV's

LilTiffany

O.G.
Jun 5, 2007
I'm a young professional thinking of getting her first LV...I was thinking of the mono speedy or damier azur speedy....but here are my concerns:

Mono
The canvas is quite obvious, so when I'm meeting clients I wouldn't want the first thing they think of as "Who does she think she is walking in w/ her pricey LV purse"

Azur
Good that it's a little more subtle than the mono, but I keep thinking how I'm bound to get pen on it, or it'll get dirty on the subway (god forbid someone accidentally touches it :cursing:)

My questions are:
1. Would you bring your LV's to the client's and what would their reactions be?
2. If you would bring them, which is more appropriate to bring - mono or azur?

Everyone, feel free to give your opinion - I only geared the thread towards professionals b/c they may also understand how clients could find it's perhaps unprofessional to be toting an such an obvious high-end bag, such as the mono...

I think you should definitely try to get a black Epi Speedy. Did you want a brand new one from the boutique or one from eBay? We can help you in the authentication sticky in the LV Shopping Section!

Or you could get a Damier Ebene Speedy?

to be completely honest I don't think cliuents would care that much.....well, it depends what industry your in, if your in the fashion insustry then def yes....I have the same issue with monogram that you do........................but I think eventually I will need to get a mono.

PS. Actually Anna Wintour used to not hire people that came to interviws with a regular monogram lv,....or so I heard theres a lot of rumors about her I don't know if this is true.

I think you should definitely try to get a black Epi Speedy. Did you want a brand new one from the boutique or one from eBay? We can help you in the authentication sticky in the LV Shopping Section!

Or you could get a Damier Ebene Speedy?

These are my two choices for you as well. I own the Damier Ebene Speedy and it is understated while still classy. When I meet with attorneys or for business meetings I love to use my black Epi Alma. So I think that John5 is right on target with his suggestions.

IMO~ I would get which ever you truely want. I am a professional and wear what I want. I have never been concerned with what others think as I know that I dress probably the best out of all of the people that I work with. Not saying I have all designer clothes because I do not..at all. I just try to look professional on all accounts and others do not.

Having stated this.. a real flashy bag may not be the best choice. The 3 mentioned (epi, mono and azure) all sound like good pieces to go with. Also damier would be good as well.

Goodluck and congrats on getting a new LV!:P