Micro Belt Bag - Shorten/Replace Strap?

shopparama

Jul 4, 2017
I purchased a Micro Belt bag a few months back, but find that the strap is a bit long for me. I'm 158cm (around 5'2") and like to wear the strap on the shoulder, instead of cross-body. The strap length on the mini would have been perfect, but the Celine SA said they don't sell straps on its own... Even if I tie a knot in the strap, it's still too long (and plus I don't want to damage it).

Has anyone found a way to shorten the strap or found a different strap that looks nice with the bag? The colour I have is pearl blue (mostly light grey with a hint of blue) with silver hardware. IMG_1493.jpg

Hi,
I am about the same height and I tie 2 knots (one on each side) on my micro, and have been wearing the bag on my shoulder since the day I got it. My SA actually taught me this trick and she said there would be no issues.
Hope this helps :smile:

Hi,
I am about the same height and I tie 2 knots (one on each side) on my micro, and have been wearing the bag on my shoulder since the day I got it. My SA actually taught me this trick and she said there would be no issues.

Thanks! :smile: My SA also suggested this, but even if I tie it on both sides it’s still longer than I prefer... wish they would have let me buy the strap for the mini size to put on the micro, that would have been perfect!

Hi,

Hi! I just bgt the micro belt in gray and would love to see how it looks with the 2 knots since I’m of the same height too! Would appreciate pics of the knots and mod pics if you have the time! [emoji8]

Reactions: lepetitelook
You should have just gotten the Nano Belt Bag with the adjustable strap instead... they are not that much apart when it comes to the size and since you‘re petite the Nano would have been a good size anyway.

You should have just gotten the Nano Belt Bag with the adjustable strap instead... they are not that much apart when it comes to the size and since you‘re petite the Nano would have been a good size anyway.

I tried on both nano and micro and prefer the micro.. it just looks more chic to me whereas the nano is more cute..

If you plan to keep this bag, a permanent solution you could consider is taking the strap to a cobbler to get it shortened. Otherwise, I suggest tying a knot like others recommended, or purchase another strap from another brand (since Celine doesn't sell straps separately)

Reactions: gettinpurseonal
I know this thread is super old but I had the same issue as the OP for wanting to carry my micro on the shoulder. I'm also about 5'2". I just found that it juts out awkwardly when carried crossbody and I wasn't reaching for it much as a result. I contemplated selling the bag and buying in mini size, but decided instead to get a replacement strap that's a near perfect match from Mautto. Now it's like my bag has a new life !

Attachments

• IMG_20210308_164454__01.jpg
    IMG_20210308_164454__01.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20210308_164525__01.jpg
    IMG_20210308_164525__01.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20210308_161112.jpg
    IMG_20210308_161112.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 167
I know this thread is super old but I had the same issue as the OP for wanting to carry my micro on the shoulder. I'm also about 5'2". I just found that it juts out awkwardly when carried crossbody and I wasn't reaching for it much as a result. I contemplated selling the bag and buying in mini size, but decided instead to get a replacement strap that's a near perfect match from Mautto. Now it's like my bag has a new life !

Hi @Sunfall77! This strap looks great! Such a good idea to find an alternative affordable strap. Is your bag the light taupe color by chance? And would you mind providing a link to the strap you bought from Mautto?

Hi @Sunfall77! This strap looks great! Such a good idea to find an alternative affordable strap. Is your bag the light taupe color by chance? And would you mind providing a link to the strap you bought from Mautto?

Yes, my bag is light taupe.
I contacted Mautto on Etsy to create a custom order for me. I customized this listing (https://www.etsy.com/listing/124308...th-75-inch?ref=shop_home_active_3&frs=1&crt=1) and had her make me a strap in "classic taupe" color with solid brass #19 clips. It is 30" long and 0.75" wide. Hope that helps !!

Reactions: Sunfall77
You and the bag on you are gorgeous!!!

Reactions: Sunfall77