Chanel Spring/Summer 2021 Act 1 (21P)

For those of us who've gotten the sweet mini or the larger sizes, is the leather part of your chain strap attached like this? Instead of having two ends stitched together, each end is sort of folded back on itself and stitched. I've never seen anything like it so just curious if others' were like this as well!
View attachment 4998996

medium classic flap chain is exactly like this too. i freaked out last week when i received my first medium flap and asked in the forums. i've been told it is totally normal.

Reactions: Pchul
Here is my 21P caramel M/L flap. I feel the colour IRL is lighter than caramel, it's more of a milk tea hue. I dont know why in pictures they really look more brown like a caramel. Makes me wonder if the 18S caviar beige is actually lighter IRL. Anyone has both beige, 18S & 21P? Could do some comparison please? Or anyone owns the 18S , does it look lighter IRL too?
Also, both back stitchings near the top of the flaps have quite a bigger hole than just the stitching. Is this normal for lamb? Hopefully it's alright and not getting any wider with every usage.
The bag has good symmetrical structure, i like to pay attention on that But there are light creases at the back from opening the flap already. I think my SA getting too excited when opening the flap as i secured this bag right off shipment

View attachment 4999319

View attachment 4999333

View attachment 4999334

here is mine:

DDC1D7F3-840F-460B-8B3F-D5E65A18D586.jpeg968392E0-884A-4636-B2EA-F32E3A30F811.jpeg

Here is my 21P caramel M/L flap. I feel the colour IRL is lighter than caramel, it's more of a milk tea hue. I dont know why in pictures they really look more brown like a caramel. Makes me wonder if the 18S caviar beige is actually lighter IRL. Anyone has both beige, 18S & 21P? Could do some comparison please? Or anyone owns the 18S , does it look lighter IRL too?
Also, both back stitchings near the top of the flaps have quite a bigger hole than just the stitching. Is this normal for lamb? Hopefully it's alright and not getting any wider with every usage.
The bag has good symmetrical structure, i like to pay attention on that But there are light creases at the back from opening the flap already. I think my SA getting too excited when opening the flap as i secured this bag right off shipment

View attachment 4999319

View attachment 4999333

View attachment 4999334
My friend bought a 21P mini from a reputable IG reseller last week for over $7k AUD. She got the same question when received the bag IRL, she keeps questioning the color for the bag IRL is much lighter than those in pictures and there’s a huge difference between the color in real than those in pictures online. None of those online pictures shows the real color which is much lighter like milk tea with grey/cream tone but what she want is a darker beige with more brown or red undertone. She is still struggling to keep the bag but tends to wait until the 21A version coming out to decide whether to keep or not.
She show me these pictures which she thinks is closer to the real colour she see in real.
5BDAC69B-A7AA-4A01-BEBC-6C7D8A42B751.jpegD8331681-BA8A-4E34-8A7D-AE425FC42164.jpeg

My friend bought a 21P mini from a reputable IG reseller last week for over $7k AUD. She got the same question when received the bag IRL, she keeps questioning the color for the bag IRL is much lighter than those in pictures and there’s a huge difference between the color in real than those in pictures online. None of those online pictures shows the real color which is much lighter like milk tea with grey/cream tone but what she want is a darker beige with more brown or red undertone. She is still struggling to keep the bag but tends to wait until the 21A version coming out to decide whether to keep or not.
She show me these pictures which she thinks is closer to the real colour she see in real.
View attachment 4999372View attachment 4999371
I still love it, if your friend decides to not keep, let me know!

Reactions: Pchul
For those of us who've gotten the sweet mini or the larger sizes, is the leather part of your chain strap attached like this? Instead of having two ends stitched together, each end is sort of folded back on itself and stitched. I've never seen anything like it so just curious if others' were like this as well!
View attachment 4998996
Yes, mine looks like this too
How does the leather feel to both of you? Does it feel like it will easily crease/fold (e.g. like the Reissue) since it is single flap and different type of caviar from what I've read? Can either of you post a mod shot with it double-strapped (if you have the next size up from mini)? Thanks in-advance.

Hi. Do you know who is the reseller? I’m also trying to get a hold of the caramel mini. Thanks!

View attachment 4999372View attachment 4999371

Do you both like the bag? I’m thinking of ordering it but still undecided. Do you the the bag will keep it’s structure?

I'm still figuring out how I feel. I love the color and I love the look in general, but I think someone had mentioned earlier that it's softer and not as structured and I 100% agree with that. To me it's kind of squishy in a way that isn't really obvious in photos, and I'm not sure if I'm a fan. If you have the option to do so, I would try to see it in person before buying (although of course that's not always possible even in non-pandemic times!). I ordered via text, and while I can't say that seeing it in person beforehand would have prevented me from buying it, I probably would have given it a little bit more thought before going ahead.

The jumbo classic flap I just bought is like this.
medium classic flap chain is exactly like this too. i freaked out last week when i received my first medium flap and asked in the forums. i've been told it is totally normal.

Aww, man! I'd never seen it before this so I wonder if it's becoming more common nowadays. I definitely prefer the other way of stitching the straps but I guess it's not enough to turn me off on its own.

How does the leather feel to both of you? Does it feel like it will easily crease/fold (e.g. like the Reissue) since it is single flap and different type of caviar from what I've read? Can either of you post a mod shot with it double-strapped (if you have the next size up from mini)? Thanks in-advance.

I will try to remember to post a mod shot tomorrow (already in PJs now lol). To me, the leather doesn't seem markedly different from other caviar I've seen, although I'm also not the best at discerning these things. I can't really speak to its creaseability, but I do think the general squishiness of the bag could make that more likely.

Reactions: BB8
One more thing for those of us with the sweet minis/other sizes or those who are thinking about getting one: check the writing on the grommets!! I just realized that the one on the right front of my bag is upside down, and all the others are right side up. :rolleyes:

I can't decide if it's worth trying to exchange or just laughing it off as a quirk (because I do actually find it kind of funny), so any feedback is welcome. It's not something the average person would notice while the bag is in use, I don't think, but I just don't know how they thought anyone would miss that when they went to peel the plastic off!! On one hand I'm a little irritated that $4100+tax later I have a bag with an upside down grommet, but I am also genuinely amused that the fact that it still made it through quality control isn't even surprising to me at this point. (And yet I still keep buying . . .)

If anyone else has this problem, please let me know because I will feel better if I'm not the only one lolol.

unnamed (6).jpgunnamed (7).jpgunnamed (8).jpg

One more thing for those of us with the sweet minis/other sizes or those who are thinking about getting one: check the writing on the grommets!! I just realized that the one on the right front of my bag is upside down, and all the others are right side up. :rolleyes:

I can't decide if it's worth trying to exchange or just laughing it off as a quirk (because I do actually find it kind of funny), so any feedback is welcome. It's not something the average person would notice while the bag is in use, I don't think, but I just don't know how they thought anyone would miss that when they went to peel the plastic off!! On one hand I'm a little irritated that $4100+tax later I have a bag with an upside down grommet, but I am also genuinely amused that the fact that it still made it through quality control isn't even surprising to me at this point. (And yet I still keep buying . . .)

If anyone else has this problem, please let me know because I will feel better if I'm not the only one lolol.

View attachment 5000124View attachment 5000125View attachment 5000126
Oh wow! Good catch. I ended up ordering one and will now definitely be adding that to the list of things to inspect when it arrives. Good thing you have a good sense of humor about it!

Oh wow! Good catch. I ended up ordering one and will now definitely be adding that to the list of things to inspect when it arrives. Good thing you have a good sense of humor about it!

Yes, it's definitely something to keep an eye out for! I think if it had been one that was difficult to get my hands on or one that I'd really been looking forward to for a while beforehand, I would be leaning a lot more towards the "upset" end of the spectrum, but at this point I've also kind of accepted that with any Chanel bag you buy, you do run a good chance of finding little "surprises" like this. I actually have to thank everyone who's been asking questions about it, because taking it out so I could answer the questions was how I found it! Moral of the story: never hesitate to ask questions because you might be helping someone out!! :lol:

Yes, it's definitely something to keep an eye out for! I think if it had been one that was difficult to get my hands on or one that I'd really been looking forward to for a while beforehand, I would be leaning a lot more towards the "upset" end of the spectrum, but at this point I've also kind of accepted that with any Chanel bag you buy, you do run a good chance of finding little "surprises" like this. I actually have to thank everyone who's been asking questions about it, because taking it out so I could answer the questions was how I found it! Moral of the story: never hesitate to ask questions because you might be helping someone out!! :lol:
True, true, and true! :tup: I wonder what surprises I'll find...

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht