• Keep it, it’s fun and whimsical

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Return it, it’s childish and borderline tacky

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

earthygirl

Apr 20, 2018
I recently purchased this leather/pvc rainbow hardware medium boy bag from fashionphile.
I usually am not one to second guess my taste in handbags. I like what I like and that’s what I buy. I am, however, not sure about this bag. I am in my early forties and I am trying to only buy bags that I envision myself wearing in the long term. Not surprisingly my four year old loves the bag and asked if she could have it when she grows up. My husband, on the other hand, thinks it looks like a bag from Claire’s! Haha!

The colors are so vibrant and the rainbow hardware is gorgeous! It makes me happy to look at it, but because it’s such a statement bag I’m not sure of how often I would wear it. I’m usually drawn to elegant and chic neutral colored bags that blend with my outfits, but there is something about this bag that is speaking to my inner child! I do own a few colored bags and aside from a dark red Chanel and a bright blue goyard tote, my colored bags are more muted. Anyway, at my age I would happily rock such a vibrant bag but I’m wondering if I’ll feel the same way in 10 years or so when I’m over fifty. I also think it’s pricey (at $4200 +tax )but it also is not completely leather and includes the pvc “weave.” The leather part is lambskin which is not ideal. If I did decide to sell it one day, I imagine it would be more challenging to recoup what I paid. Surprisingly, it actually goes well with a lot of my summer and spring wardrobe , and also works with my winter clothes as well. (I played a little dress up today!). A third option would be to buy a black quilted boy with ruthenium hardware, but I already have a black and shw Chanel bag. Also, I live in a warm climate so I don’t wear black all year round and have less of a need for multiple black bags....but black with rhw is classic.

What do you think?
1)Is this boy more fun and whimsical or more childish and borderline tacky?
2)Should I keep it or return it?
Thank you for your opinions!

E99D0BA3-3E91-4346-BC07-80CCFF8F852B.jpeg

B67E9CF0-455A-431A-9CB4-0CF1B40C85C3.jpeg

If you do keep it. Please please wear it. I think it’s gorgeous and think Chanel does color so well. I looked at the bright blue with pink interior in store and just fell in love (out of my price point currently). It just screams joy. It’s just exciting to see these special bags out and about. I feel fabulous just getting to be in the same room as them.

Also, Not childish to me and I’m a fan! Show us some mod shots for fun? What season is this if you know?

First of all, my apologies for disappearing from this thread and also thank you for you responses! I ended up returning it but then bought it again. It's a fun bag and I can always sell it later if it loses that fun factor for me. Please excuse my wrinkled clothing...I was just too lazy to iron my off season clothes for only picture purposes.

IMG_9021.jpgIMG_9039.jpg

Last edited:
If you do keep it. Please please wear it. I think it’s gorgeous and think Chanel does color so well. I looked at the bright blue with pink interior in store and just fell in love (out of my price point currently). It just screams joy. It’s just exciting to see these special bags out and about. I feel fabulous just getting to be in the same room as them.

Also, Not childish to me and I’m a fan! Show us some mod shots for fun? What season is this if you know?
Thank you for your feedback. I agree wholeheartedly...I also love how Chanel does color and love being in the same room with these special bags! I think it's from 2017 Cuba collection. There are two currently for sale on eBay.

Reactions: Kellybuzzbuzz
I’m in my late 40s. I say buy and wear things that bring you joy. You deserve it. It’s a blessing to access that childlike (not childish) part of yourself that loves bright colors and rainbows. Sounds to me like you’re going to rock this bag. Hope we get to see some mod shots!
Yesss! Absolutely..it is a blessing! Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: Shejoh
First of all, my apologies for disappearing from this thread and also thank you for you responses! I ended up returning it but then bought it again. It's a fun bag and I can always sell it later if it loses that fun factor for me. Please excuse my wrinkled clothing...I was just too lazy to iron my off season clothes for only picture purposes.

View attachment 5000103View attachment 5000102
So glad you bought it again! It looks great on you.

Thanks...I agree. I returned it and then bought it again from a different seller. I went with my mind initially, but the heart wants what it wants. =)

I am glad you decide to get the bag. After seeing your modelling pictures, it looks good on you....especially the one with the pink shirt. When you get tire of it, you can pass it to your daughter. :biggrin::biggrin: Enjoy! :heart: