Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

That looks beautiful! I'm terrible at making cakes look good. Mine are always lopsided! DH's birthday is coming up so I guess I'll have to bake one. I'm not much of a cake eater but he loves chocolate cake. I'd rather have a torte.
Thanks! I’m not a fan of eating cake either but I like making them. I ass my own ingredients like sour cream and espresso or hot coffeee to make a chocolate cake. Mine come out with a different texture than your regular cake. I will message you some of my tricks for getting a level cake....

How
Thanks! I’m not a fan of eating cake either but I like making them. I ass my own ingredients like sour cream and espresso or hot coffeee to make a chocolate cake. Mine come out with a different texture than your regular cake. I will message you some of my tricks for getting a level cake....
How funny! I ADD my own ingredients...

I’m on vacation at our St Croix villa the first year I had it and found myself missing it. Lol! And here was our view of the Caribbean Sea and Buck Island. And I was thinking I wish I could make something in my Kitchenaid stand mixer. Lol! I don’t think the brand is as important as the mixer type. I need the stand mixer to do Swiss buttercream, royal icing, and certain recipes where a hand mixer doesn’t have enough power.

Surprisingly, I use it a lot. I bake for fun and share with friends, family, and coworkers. I don’t eat it myself or I’d gain a ton! I made these fun cookie-topped Godiva chocolate cupcakes for an event for my husband’s company. The cookies are royal iced with company initials. They are sitting on a puffy blue buttercream “sky”. They were a big hit. (That other dessert is a lemon cheesecake topped with homemade lemon curd from my own recipes.) I do things like chocolate flowers, French pastries, tall layer cakes and torts. My hubby got the idea to treat my sister and I to a French pastry class on our last trip to Paris and we had a blast!
OMG your view is amazing. I miss the Caribbean so much!

Reactions: LadaZuri
Stacking the Dinkys together looks pretty neat but the amount of hardware to keep pristine on one bag is just too much haha. Also that pricetag O.O
Yes! The insane price tag! Someone actually made a remix bag of their own. The other remix style Coach offered was a large portfolio style with a Dinky on the side and thicker straps with rivets. Lol don’t be surprised if you ever see me revealing one here!

Yes! The insane price tag! Someone actually made a remix bag of their own. The other remix style Coach offered was a large portfolio style with a Dinky on the side and thicker straps with rivets. Lol don’t be surprised if you ever see me revealing one here!
Omg that is ingenious and the results look pretty cool!

I wonder how high this will go.
Wow I'm definitely watching this. I'm guessing it'd end at around the 250 mark? *grabs popcorn*

I’m on vacation at our St Croix villa the first year I had it and found myself missing it. Lol! And here was our view of the Caribbean Sea and Buck Island. And I was thinking I wish I could make something in my Kitchenaid stand mixer. Lol! I don’t think the brand is as important as the mixer type. I need the stand mixer to do Swiss buttercream, royal icing, and certain recipes where a hand mixer doesn’t have enough power.

Surprisingly, I use it a lot. I bake for fun and share with friends, family, and coworkers. I don’t eat it myself or I’d gain a ton! I made these fun cookie-topped Godiva chocolate cupcakes for an event for my husband’s company. The cookies are royal iced with company initials. They are sitting on a puffy blue buttercream “sky”. They were a big hit. (That other dessert is a lemon cheesecake topped with homemade lemon curd from my own recipes.) I do things like chocolate flowers, French pastries, tall layer cakes and torts. My hubby got the idea to treat my sister and I to a French pastry class on our last trip to Paris and we had a blast!
I LOVE the USVI! I got married on St Thomas in 2013! Have been to St T and St J probably 5 times now! I haven't been to St Croix yet. It's on the list! Looks sooooo lovely.

I LOVE the USVI! I got married on St Thomas in 2013! Have been to St T and St J probably 5 times now! I haven't been to St Croix yet. It's on the list! Looks sooooo lovely.
I got married in the Caribbean too! Didn’t want a huge wedding and all the anxiety of planning one. It was perfect. I’ve been all over the Caribbean and St Croix is my favorite island. I used to think life was too short to visit the same place more than once but I keep going back to my two favorites, St Croix and Paris! Another place I loved but it’s a pain to get there is Bora Bora in French Polynesia. Truly paradise.

I got married in the Caribbean too! Didn’t want a huge wedding and all the anxiety of planning one. It was perfect. I’ve been all over the Caribbean and St Croix is my favorite island. I used to think life was too short to visit the same place more than once but I keep going back to my two favorites, St Croix and Paris! Another place I loved but it’s a pain to get there is Bora Bora in French Polynesia. Truly paradise.
Yes, exactly my sentiment as well about a big wedding. A destination was perfect for us! I agree about always going to the same island. We have been trying a few different ones in the past few years. St Lucia, Barbados, and last year we were planning Antigua and Barbuda but had to cancel due to covid. St John is my current favorite. I would hack off an arm to go to Bora Bora. Or Fiji. Aaaahhhh someday. ETA I have visited Paris once back when I was a teenager. Also on my list to revisit.

• Love
Was any of it old set in ink or was it all new? Just curious if it might work on rehab projects.
After I read this I wanted to try it on an older bag. The one I commented on was a newer bag. It did help with the vintage bag but wasn’t as effective. It could be due to the stain being older but I suspect some of the difference was pebbled vs. smooth leather. I think the ink on pebbled leather is easier to remove because of the way it sits on top of the leather. I’ll be trying it on other stains too. I actually used it last weekend to wipe a spot of marinara sauce off an ivory silk twill dining room slipcover and it did a pretty good job! The stain was fresh and I tried it right away. The beauty of the wipes is that you can use it on something that would need dry cleaning or can’t be washed.

Needing some extra monthly supplies I abandoned my burgundy Saddle Pouch for my recently rehabbed green Murphy since I was already using my small wallet. What a difference! While north/south bags aren’t always faves of mine the Murphy is so much roomier.
Here is how I had it all in my Saddle (my phone would be in the front slip with the tissues if not in use )
F060FFE6-9F63-497F-85CD-59459A7C408E.jpeg
Here is the Murphy as we head out
D1FC23D8-9BEA-47E5-8C57-88454D893EF5.jpeg
and here is what is inside (my phone goes in back slip which is a little tight and I got my mirror in the main compartment when the Saddle couldn’t house it at all)
7A2FD783-DEE8-4528-BEA9-3E651F006056.jpeg