Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

How do you experience preorders, I have sometimes pre-ordered certain RTW pieces and gone to the store tried them one sometimes it has been a success and sometimes not. Now due to covid I have not visited the store, I thought everything would be better in March but it does not seem to be so unfortunately. I made a pre-order for two garments from SS21 but have no opportunity to go to the store. I thought about buying the garments by distance and try them at home with the possibility of returning if they would not suit me well. Was I surprised when this store says that preorders are binding and that I have to buy the garments, no returns? Is there something I missed?

Wow.
How do you experience preorders, I have sometimes pre-ordered certain RTW pieces and gone to the store tried them one sometimes it has been a success and sometimes not. Now due to covid I have not visited the store, I thought everything would be better in March but it does not seem to be so unfortunately. I made a pre-order for two garments from SS21 but have no opportunity to go to the store. I thought about buying the garments by distance and try them at home with the possibility of returning if they would not suit me well. Was I surprised when this store says that preorders are binding and that I have to buy the garments, no returns? Is there something I missed?
Wow
Is this a stand alone boutique? Have you already paid for your preorders?
I will tell you I’ve struggled with the cut and sizing of the new collections under VV. This is not the policy where I shop for Chanel - and given the very high prices for the 2021 collection it seems a risky and costly proposition for you.

I haven't been to Chanel in ages but went today for a quick try on session. I forgot to take pictures because I was in such a rush, but saw many beautiful new pieces.

-The embossed Chanel blue jeans were so cute and I'll get them if my SA can find my size.
-The white and black waffle jackets did not have a flattering cut for me. The arms are quite loose but the material and thickness is nice for warmer seasons.
-I tried lovely light pink and blue tweed jacket in a size up from normal. It is a really beatiful jacket and I like the weight. I can't believe it's almost $10,000 though!
-The black double breasted jacket had a nice, thick weave and the buttons in the back are a nice touch.
-The pink v-neck cardigan with teal blue trim is nice and classic.
-The black lightweight cropped cardigan with 3 ties is surprisingly cute.

If you can't find your size, I saw the jeans at Neiman Marcus in Northbrook last week.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Wow
I will tell you I’ve struggled with the cut and sizing of the new collections under VV. This is not the policy where I shop for Chanel - and given the very high prices for the 2021 collection it seems a risky and costly proposition for you.
Thanks for your reply. It is an independent Chanel Boutique in Europe. I have bought RTW pieces from other stores in Europe during the pandemic where a 14 day return policy was offered due to the purchases made at a distance. This store offered me to place orders on garments that I liked from the show without any prepayment. All the other stores I have shopped from in Europe have been very understanding because clothes are very difficult to decide at a distance. Many but not all of the RTW pieces I bought recently have either been too short, did not fit me right or been poorly made. I just received an email where they write that I only have the right to exchange the size if the clothes do not fit ?! I am very worried now and do not want to commit to over 20K euros if the garments do not fit me. The whole Chanel experience for me is about trying on clothes without feeling the pressure of having to buy.

You should be able to return pre-orders. I am not aware of policy change. It’s the same with bags. This is due to low inventory because of covid. As far as you are within return timeframe should not be an issue. Others here may have more info.

You should be able to return pre-orders. I am not aware of policy change. It’s the same with bags. This is due to low inventory because of covid. As far as you are within return timeframe should not be an issue. Others here may have more info.
To my knowledge, only sales are final and can not be returned or exchanged. At full price, you should be able to return. If they insist for no return, I would contact different boutique or would not purchase it.
Chanel can be tricky. Even with sales it’s tricky when we can not try on but because people here in forum have try on mod shots, we can ask here fir help about fit, what people thought for item being cropped, size up, etc.
good luck.

Reactions: TankerToad

That’s unbelievably unprofessional of them. If they have any common sense, they would admit that they can’t expect clothes to just show up and fit their customers perfectly, preorders or not. My SA has always encouraged me to make reservations and preorders but has always told me that I am NOT committed to purchase them if they don’t fit me or I ended up not liking them. Saying “preorders are binding” is like punishing the customers for potential mistakes the brand can make. What if chanel decides to change materials/patterns? What if the final products have loose threads or damaged accessories? What if the style is no longer relevant to people’s lifestyles? What if the fit just...sucks? Why should customers hold their end of the deal if Chanel doesn’t provide products that meet their expectations? It’s absurd that they said that to you.

Thanks for your reply. It is an independent Chanel Boutique in Europe. I have bought RTW pieces from other stores in Europe during the pandemic where a 14 day return policy was offered due to the purchases made at a distance. This store offered me to place orders on garments that I liked from the show without any prepayment. All the other stores I have shopped from in Europe have been very understanding because clothes are very difficult to decide at a distance. Many but not all of the RTW pieces I bought recently have either been too short, did not fit me right or been poorly made. I just received an email where they write that I only have the right to exchange the size if the clothes do not fit ?! I am very worried now and do not want to commit to over 20K euros if the garments do not fit me. The whole Chanel experience for me is about trying on clothes without feeling the pressure of having to buy.

You're in Europe? There's distance selling laws built into EU regulations any items bought over the phone, mail order, Internet etc basically if you've not bought it physically in store you have a legal right to return (except for a small amount of item ie personalised and perishable goods) just like what the other boutiques offered you... its 14 days, don't let this boutique say otherwise, It's worrying they've given you that information.

I also find it worrying that they say so. Even if they now would "make an exception" and give me the right of return (it seems to have been my right from the beginning) it feels uncomfortable that they were not understanding from the beginning. I feel a strong discomfort and maybe should be careful because they probably want to make it difficult for me from the beginning. Now this store claims that they have to ask a high position manager to give me a return right. I feel this way, even if they contact me tomorrow and say that I get the right to return if the clothes do not fit, I'm not so sure if I want to buy something from them, especially not from a distance. I do not know what to say and am I sensitive to unpleasant situations. What is the best answer I can give them tomorrow? I prefer to turn to the stores that have been understanding. I'm also not desperate if the clothes are not available elsewhere, if that would be the case I’m sure I'll find something else.

I also find it worrying that they say so. Even if they now would "make an exception" and give me the right of return (it seems to have been my right from the beginning) it feels uncomfortable that they were not understanding from the beginning. I feel a strong discomfort and maybe should be careful because they probably want to make it difficult for me from the beginning. Now this store claims that they have to ask a high position manager to give me a return right. I feel this way, even if they contact me tomorrow and say that I get the right to return if the clothes do not fit, I'm not so sure if I want to buy something from them, especially not from a distance. I do not know what to say and am I sensitive to unpleasant situations. What is the best answer I can give them tomorrow? I prefer to turn to the stores that have been understanding. I'm also not desperate if the clothes are not available elsewhere, if that would be the case I’m sure I'll find something else.
I would just politely tell them you are no longer interested in the pre order items. Frankly you don’t need to explain any more than that. Agree that already they are very biased against a possible future return. If it were me I would want to shop where the stress level is lower and to avoid future drama.
These are COVID days and we could all do with less stress. I don’t think you are out of line preemptively passing on the pre orders- these are uncertain times — people’s lifestyles and situations can and do change unexpectedly.

TT gave you excellent advice. Shopping should be fun and stress less. This past year I’ve discovered that I really don’t “need” so much. Appreciating what I have is enough, and if I decide to add a beautiful piece or two, then it’s my decision and not my SAs. I’m lucky that my SAs have never made me feel the pressure to purchase. Go with your heart and don’t let anyone push you into purchasing without the chance of returning. There are plenty of stores who would appreciate your business.

I would just politely tell them you are no longer interested in the pre order items. Frankly you don’t need to explain any more than that. Agree that already they are very biased against a possible future return. If it were me I would want to shop where the stress level is lower and to avoid future drama.
These are COVID days and we could all do with less stress. I don’t think you are out of line preemptively passing on the pre orders- these are uncertain times — people’s lifestyles and situations can and do change unexpectedly.
Thank you very much for the excellent advice! you describe it so well and that's exactly what i think too. I will politely say no to the pre-ordered items.
Thank you once again!

TT gave you excellent advice. Shopping should be fun and stress less. This past year I’ve discovered that I really don’t “need” so much. Appreciating what I have is enough, and if I decide to add a beautiful piece or two, then it’s my decision and not my SAs. I’m lucky that my SAs have never made me feel the pressure to purchase. Go with your heart and don’t let anyone push you into purchasing without the chance of returning. There are plenty of stores who would appreciate your business.
Thank you, yes I agree. I also appreciate what I already have and as you said it’s my decision if I want to add new pieces into my collection. It should be a fun experience, not stressful as this one.

Reactions: TankerToad
Wow.

Wow
WOW! I can't believe that you wrote that, cause I totally agree and thought it was "just me". Under VV nothing fits me right even the shoes I find uncomfortable, which NEVER happens with Chanel shoes for me. I did end top getting a couple of cardigans, but I swear the cut "feels" different.(as the prices ARE much higher).

WOW! I can't believe that you wrote that, cause I totally agree and thought it was "just me". Under VV nothing fits me right even the shoes I find uncomfortable, which NEVER happens with Chanel shoes for me. I did end top getting a couple of cardigans, but I swear the cut "feels" different.(as the prices ARE much higher).
Hi Laurie, for the fit you mentioned, were they on the small side?