Allen v Farrow

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
anyone watch the first episode on HBO? Woody Allen isn't looking good at all. And we haven't seen the whole thing yet. The friends/witnesses seem credible to me. His rep is already very damaged. Could this be his downfall?

Reactions: chowlover2
The hardest thing for me watching was I was neighbors with a family if 6 kids like the Farrow clan. I was friendliest with the eldest, but even when she was away for 2 weeks I hung out with the rest of the clan. I was an only child the first 7 yrs of my life, and having other siblings around was great, always someone to play or get in trouble with. Luckily, no pedophilia there. I guess what hit me was a pedophile can still get into trouble no matter how many people are around. As much as you think you know about a person, it is only the tip of the iceberg.

I was a big fan of Woody's probably in his heyday, Annie Hall and such. The last Woody Allen film I saw was Blue Jasmine. He has been off my radar for a long time. The biggest thing in his favor is he doesn't look like a pedophile. And that is possibly the thing that gives him the most access. I don't know what creeped me out more, his obsession with Dylan, or the fact he took really raunchy pics of Soong-Yi when she was quite young.

After I read Mia's memoir "What Falls Away" my opinion of Woody forever changed. It covers the whole court case and really is disturbing. I will have a look at this show, mainly because Ronan Farrow is a pretty amazing journalist and it will be interesting to hear Dylan speak about it.

The hardest thing for me watching was I was neighbors with a family if 6 kids like the Farrow clan. I was friendliest with the eldest, but even when she was away for 2 weeks I hung out with the rest of the clan. I was an only child the first 7 yrs of my life, and having other siblings around was great, always someone to play or get in trouble with. Luckily, no pedophilia there. I guess what hit me was a pedophile can still get into trouble no matter how many people are around. As much as you think you know about a person, it is only the tip of the iceberg.

I was a big fan of Woody's probably in his heyday, Annie Hall and such. The last Woody Allen film I saw was Blue Jasmine. He has been off my radar for a long time. The biggest thing in his favor is he doesn't look like a pedophile. And that is possibly the thing that gives him the most access. I don't know what creeped me out more, his obsession with Dylan, or the fact he took really raunchy pics of Soong-Yi when she was quite young.
I'll be interested to hear more from Dylan. The Soon-Yi thing is creepy. Even if they are happily married now, it started creepy and is still creepy to me.
One thing that bothers me a bit. I want to believe Dylan but she seems to recall things from a very early age. That one scene where she talked about Woody taking her to the theatre she looked like she was maybe four years old. I guess she could be looking at the photo and not actually remembering. but I don't really have childhood memories earlier than kindergarten age.
Interesting that Ronan apparently started out as Sasha.
Woody is a talented - iconic really - director. So people still want to work with him. Don't know if that will change.

One thing that bothers me a bit. I want to believe Dylan but she seems to recall things from a very early age. That one scene where she talked about Woody taking her to the theatre she looked like she was maybe four years old. I guess she could be looking at the photo and not actually remembering. but I don't really have childhood memories earlier than kindergarten age.
Interesting that Ronan apparently started out as Sasha.

Everyone is different re childhood memories. I have memories of things that were "big" like traveling across the country on the trans-Canadian RR to visit my grandmother in Vancouver when I was 4 and memories from the visit. My exDH, on the other hand, has always had detailed memories of his childhood, even that young.

I have read that some "memories" are really just hearing events or things being discussed by family over the years. When he was little, my youngest son insisted he had memories of the house we lived in before he was born. (I think he still might lol) Clearly from hearing his older siblings discuss the house.

Reactions: limom and skyqueen
Everyone is different re childhood memories. I have memories of things that were "big" like traveling across the country on the trans-Canadian RR to visit my grandmother in Vancouver when I was 4 and memories from the visit. My exDH, on the other hand, has always had detailed memories of his childhood, even that young.
I think I have a vague memory of being in a crib as a baby but nothing detailed that I can recall before around 5....guess everyone is different
I have to admit I can't wait for the second episode of this show. Is that creepy of me?

But that's just it - Mia's story keeps changing and she's making it more raunchy than what she first stated in court. I think she's crazy and not trustworthy at all. A woman scorned and all.

Also, I can't trust a documentary that is so one-sided. They have an agenda, which is fine, but they are out for clicks and media attention - this isn't journalism.

Not only does she 'remember' things from such an early age - her memories are getting more detailed. Our memories fade with age, not the other way around.

Just a thought - what if Mia, in her understandable anger, destroyed her daughter's life with inferences and interference resulting in false memories. A false memory is real, just not based on an actual experience.

Not only does she 'remember' things from such an early age - her memories are getting more detailed. Our memories fade with age, not the other way around.

Just a thought - what if Mia, in her understandable anger, destroyed her daughter's life with inferences and interference resulting in false memories. A false memory is real, just not based on an actual experience.
I think that's possible and we haven't seen part two for the rest of the allegations. but there were witnesses to him being in bed with dylan in his underwear. and the neighbor/college friend who talked about the situation seemed credible as did the young girlfriend who was like part of the family. I was listening to an interview on npr with one of the producers or writers. he said mia was so anxious when she showed up for the first interview they thought she might not be able to do it.
And we have Ronan, the credible journalist. We haven't heard everything he has to say yet.

From what I have heard is this Sunday is the most damning episode regarding Woody. I guess we just have to wait til we see everything. The thing that creeped me out from this episode was how he was always hovering around her. Yecch!

This article is from 2018 and it speaks volumes. It's written by Mia Farrow's son who was 14 years old at the time of the alleged incident, so his memory is more mature compared to a four year old (or younger, because Sasha a/k/a Ronan is the youngest). The HBO documentary is entirely from Mia Farrow's perspective. Remember, when you see video footage of Woody Allen with only his daughter, it doesn't mean that's all there is - it means that's all they used to make this documentary... Mia Farrow has been a strange, manipulative person her entire career.

This article is from 2018 and it speaks volumes. It's written by Mia Farrow's son who was 14 years old at the time of the alleged incident, so his memory is more mature compared to a four year old (or younger, because Sasha a/k/a Ronan is the youngest). The HBO documentary is entirely from Mia Farrow's perspective. Remember, when you see video footage of Woody Allen with only his daughter, it doesn't mean that's all there is - it means that's all they used to make this documentary... Mia Farrow has been a strange, manipulative person her entire career.

I hadn’t read that. In fact I could only get through about a quarter of it because it’s so stressful, but I’m definitely going to read the rest.

People don’t seem to care about the other side do they? No one cares what Moses has to say. No one cares what Soon Yi has to say.

Mia always said she was going to destroy him and she did. But I think she destroyed her daughter’s life too.