Removing stain

afroken

O.G.
Apr 7, 2011
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a BV MonaLisa medium Campana on eBay. It arrived today and while in general it is in excellent condition, there is some faint brown stains on the back of the bag that wasn’t disclosed in the listing. Not noticeable (whew!), but still something I would like to remove if at all possible.

AC6A3928-9186-4421-9810-7B8E026D2374.jpeg

Is there some recommended products that I can use for BV to remove the stains? If not, I can live with it. Thank you!

This is the post I made cleaning my Cardinal red clutch wallet ... there’s an additional video that helps to understand that cleaning leather isn’t as scary as you’d think ...

• Love
Reactions: afroken
@afroken here are @ksuromax’s instructions. They work extremely well - most recently I completely cleaned up a badly stained Cardinal Red Clutch wallet using these instructions. I used Woolite for sensitive laundry soap, if you can’t find anything. Any mild soap will do. How I wash My Bags
This is the post I made cleaning my Cardinal red clutch wallet ... there’s an additional video that helps to understand that cleaning leather isn’t as scary as you’d think ...

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it. The step by step instructions by ksuromax is extremely helpful. I will try that over the weekend. The end result of your clutch looks amazing.

Reactions: indiaink
Thank you so much! Really appreciate it. The step by step instructions by ksuromax is extremely helpful. I will try that over the weekend. The end result of your clutch looks amazing.
... and don't be afraid. Leather is a resilient material, for the most part. No greasy substances, no oils (which would darken the leather) and you'll be fine - just a light mild soup and a horsehair brush or a white towel. It's really a meditative soothing thing to do, too, oddly enough. :smile:

• Love
Reactions: afroken
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a BV MonaLisa medium Campana on eBay. It arrived today and while in general it is in excellent condition, there is some faint brown stains on the back of the bag that wasn’t disclosed in the listing. Not noticeable (whew!), but still something I would like to remove if at all possible.

View attachment 4999077

Is there some recommended products that I can use for BV to remove the stains? If not, I can live with it. Thank you!

Hi,
I cleaned my China Red Nodini with bad denim transfer with a similar method (Nodini was brand new, bought by me, and "ruined" by me on the same weekend I bought it :shocked:).
I only used q-tips and a mix of water and woolite, and a clean q-tip with only water to rinse. I patiently did all the "weaves" that had the denim transfer and all came out; I then conditioned it gently and it was back looking like NEW).
I think I posted a thread about it but that was several years ago and I do not know how to search for older threads.

Last edited:
Hi,
I cleaned my China Red Nodini with bad denim transfer with a similar method (Nodini was brand new, bought by me, and "ruined" by me on the same weekend I bought it :shocked:).
I only used q-tips and a mix of water and woolite, and a clean q-tip with only water to rinse. I patiently did all the "weaves" that had the denim transfer and all came out; I then conditioned it gently and it was back looking like NEW).
I think I posted a thread about it but that was several years ago and I do not know how to search for older threads.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. Good to know about using q-tips, that makes sense :smile:

Reactions: JenJBS
Hi,
This one? China Red Color Transfer - you're welcome!
So glad that so many of us have been brave enough to do this. :sunshine:

• Love
Reactions: dolali and afroken