Van Cleef in action!

To me, long necklaces look the best on small breasted ladies. Think the 1920s skinny flapper look. The long necklace looks amazing long and swings. I am 5’ 2”, 108lbs, and also small breasted, and I wear the 20 motif which is 34”. My actual favorite length for a long necklace is 38”. I also wear long Mikimoto pearl strands that are 34”, 38”, and 52”.

To me, long strands look great when they land around the torso, it gives a very elongated look. The 10 just lays sloppy over my round neck top, not against my skin. And the drape now competes with my round neckline. I hope that made sense! That’s my input to help you decide, but it’s all preference as you know.

I think the 20 will be amazing on you. You have the perfect body type for it. Plus, it is a nice bold statement piece that pops against tops.

I really do hope you will love the 20. Good luck!

I just have to ask you if you know me from another online place?!! I love long necklaces, too!!!

Thank you so much! The perlee bracelets are made for each other! Once I got my perlee clover bracelet, I just couldn’t add another type to the stack!
You are totally enabling me with that photo. I saved it!
The Perlee Clover is one of the next pieces on my list to get. I usually do not stack bangles (only bracelets) as the click-clack sounds annoys. But your stack is gorgeous, and I might could do just two bangles. I love the Perlee Clover with the Perlee diamond. I won't go to VCA until April to make my purchases (need to fly there, so I figure April will be safer), so.... would it be possible to do a mod shot of just your Perlee Clover and the Perlee Diamond bangle? I would probably just do those two.

Wow... I love long necklaces too! We are twins in that regards. Hmm... maybe in the Jewelry Forum in TPF? I visit that one too, so that must be it as I'm not much of a social media person.

No, but I know someone who also has three long Mikimoto necklaces and that is not common. Do you have any antique cut diamonds? She was working on a pendant and already had earrings, I think. I guess it's just a major coincidence, but many times you have posted things that reminded me of the other person!!! I finally just had to ask!

Reactions: BigAkoya
No, but I know someone who also has three long Mikimoto necklaces and that is not common. Do you have any antique cut diamonds? She was working on a pendant and already had earrings, I think. I guess it's just a major coincidence, but many times you have posted things that reminded me of the other person!!! I finally just had to ask!
Another Mikimoto lover! But no, I do not have any antique cut diamonds. I prefer the modern brilliant cut. I love long necklaces, and for me, I'm not really a fan of pendants either but it's all preference of course. Such a major coincidence on the Mikimoto necklaces though as you said, but I am not surprised there are other fans out there.

Reactions: DS2006
You are totally enabling me with that photo. I saved it!
The Perlee Clover is one of the next pieces on my list to get. I usually do not stack bangles (only bracelets) as the click-clack sounds annoys. But your stack is gorgeous, and I might could do just two bangles. I love the Perlee Clover with the Perlee diamond. I won't go to VCA until April to make my purchases (need to fly there, so I figure April will be safer), so.... would it be possible to do a mod shot of just your Perlee Clover and the Perlee Diamond bangle? I would probably just do those two.
Thank you so much! I cannot wait for you to try the Perlee clover and Perlee single row diamond bracelets together. For me they are a match made in heaven.
I am bombarding you with tons of pics of the two together! Hope they enable you to become my twin:hbeat:882F3C52-FB28-460A-A784-71867868E628.jpeg7A607A46-B6FD-4CD4-8DFC-C18229D0FECE.jpeg6B959190-1A83-40D1-AD8E-7E8EED4EA7B0.jpegC96AC463-27BE-41D6-B217-DF4A4AA3FDB7.jpeg48A9B8A5-DB1E-4C8D-94BD-4E2E0CEA7865.jpegA471142F-C8CA-4869-89DF-26D565E95526.jpeg

Reactions: eternallove4bag
Thank you so much! I cannot wait for you to try the Perlee clover and Perlee single row diamond bracelets together. For me they are a match made in heaven.
I am bombarding you with tons of pics of the two together! Hope they enable you to become my twin:hbeat:View attachment 4999474View attachment 4999475View attachment 4999476View attachment 4999477View attachment 4999478View attachment 4999479
It's NEVER too many pics! I already have your Kelly pic saved on my computer for occasional drooling :loveeyes:

Reactions: eternallove4bag
I am bombarding you with tons of pics of the two together! Hope they enable you to become my twin:hbeat:View attachment 4999474View attachment 4999475View attachment 4999476View attachment 4999477View attachment 4999478View attachment 4999479
I love it, and I love all your pictures. That stack and ring looks beautiful on you.
I recall the diamond bangle is shaped slightly different than the Clover. Did you get the same size for both?

My wrist is 5 3/4", so technically I am a size small. But I like bangles to be loose, like bangles, hence I am 99% sure I will get the medium a I've bought "tighter" fit jewelry in the past and have regretted it. Before I fly out there, I do plan to ask to be sure they bring in both sizes so I can decide.

Your ring. I love the ring with your stack. I was going to wear other rings with my clover bracelet (gemstone rings), and if I stayed with VCA, maybe the Frivole BTF pave WG ring, but in my mind, I don't think the Frivole ring actually matches the Perlee clover collection. I am a matchy matchy person, but I did not consider the clover ring because it's a band. This is because I wear bracelets and rings on my right hand, with the ring on my ring finger, hence it looks even more wedding band. I was thinking of getting another BTF ring, the Magic Alhambra, to match the clover bracelet. But, while I love those big quatrefoils, I feel it might be a bit too logo looking for me as if I'm screaming "I'm wearing VCA". Most people though will see it as a fun lucky charm ring, so that might be okay. But now I see your matching clover ring, and it looks beautiful, and there is a lot more art to your clover ring than the Magic BTF ring. Your mod shots below are such a perfect match, and look so beautiful. I need to put that ring on my list to try also.

By the way, aside from your gorgeous bling, you have really nice fingers and hands. Your fingers are nice and long and the clover ring looks great on you.

Thank you so much for posting these photos. It looks great on you!
Also, to let you know... I saved these photos too!

By the way, this got me thinking last night...
I wonder if someone might be copying and re-posting my text and using it as her own words? Loving Mikimoto is not unusual, but I would have thought I'd run into this person in the Mikimoto forum which I also follow. And you mentioned this person posted things similar to what I had posted (I hope not verbatim), so that makes it doubly strange. Well, if this person now says she purchased a VCA Frivole BTF ring and is now looking to purchase the matching earrings, that is really spooky. As FYI, I have never posted on Instagram or any other social media such as TikTok (I've never even looked at TikTok). I am perfectly fine with anyone sharing my posts as that is the point of forums and posting, to share and listen to ideas and opinions. But if she is using my posts as her own words, that's a bit odd. I do hope it's pure coincidence, but hmm... maybe I should just be a lurker and stay silent for a while if this person is copying my text.

Last edited:
Reactions: DS2006