Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Mamakara: I am not an expert or an authenticator, but your red bag looks like a
Dooney Florentine Leather handbag and the style is called Smith.

The green suede collar inside the top of the bag is characteristic of the Florentine Leather
collection. And the strappy handles and front pocket are used on the Smith style.
The Smith bag is an older Dooney design but was recently re-introduced to the delight
of Dooney lovers. The bag is large.... probably about 15" across the length of the base.

Mamakara: I am not an expert or an authenticator, but your red bag looks like a
Dooney Florentine Leather handbag and the style is called Smith.

The green suede collar inside the top of the bag is characteristic of the Florentine Leather
collection. And the strappy handles and front pocket are used on the Smith style.
The Smith bag is an older Dooney design but was recently re-introduced to the delight
of Dooney lovers. The bag is large.... probably about 15" across the length of the base.
Thank you so much for this! Very helpful and I agree that this is that bag. I didn't know it had tassels at one point, so that is kind of a bummer but I am happy to know what it is now!

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and just came into several purses that I'm looking to sell on eBay. I want to make sure that they are legit before I sell them to someone else. If you would so kindly give me your opinion it would be much appreciated!

Item Name: Doodle Collection Tasseled Tote - possibly the 2005 area?
Link: N/A
See attached photos.

It doesn't appear to be a super valuable style - I see a similar one for $25 out there. But, I'd still like to make sure the buyer is getting something that's believed to be real.

Thanks!
FigzFindzEbay

Attachments

• IMG_1960.JPG
    IMG_1960.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1962.JPG
    IMG_1962.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1963.JPG
    IMG_1963.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1964.JPG
    IMG_1964.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1970.JPG
    IMG_1970.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1979.JPG
    IMG_1979.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 5
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and just came into several purses that I'm looking to sell on eBay. I want to make sure that they are legit before I sell them to someone else. If you would so kindly give me your opinion it would be much appreciated!

Item Name: Doodle Collection Tasseled Tote - possibly the 2005 area?
Link: N/A
See attached photos.

It doesn't appear to be a super valuable style - I see a similar one for $25 out there. But, I'd still like to make sure the buyer is getting something that's believed to be real.

Thanks!
FigzFindzEbay
The tassel tote is authentic.

Hello, I am not very familiar at all with Dooney & Bourke . May I have this bag look at please before I make a payment to seller. Thank you so much!

Item: crossbody bag
Listing number: 324494398432
Seller: lshainraque0001 on Ebay
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324494398432?ul_noapp=true
Comments:
What I see looks okay. I'd like to see the inner pocket and if there's a red, white and blue tag (or remnants) inside.

Reactions: nuinarakchan
Hello, I purchased three bags at the Goodwill over the weekend. None of them have inside tags inside but they all feel and look authentic to me. Could I get some third party perspective? Here is the first one:

Item Name (if you know it): Large Equestrian shoulder bag R54?
Color: Taupe and British Tan
Size: 11x7.25x3.5
Link (if available): n/a
Photos:

IMG_8639.JPG

IMG_8640.JPG

IMG_8641.JPG

IMG_8642.JPG

IMG_8643.JPG

IMG_8644.JPG

Reactions: OJane
Hello, I purchased three bags at the Goodwill over the weekend. None of them have inside tags inside but they all feel and look authentic to me. Could I get some third party perspective? Here is the second one:

Item Name (if you know it): Large Original Equestrian shoulder bag R54-HK?
Color: Ivory and British Tan
Size: ~11x7.25x3.5
Note: the strap has two buckle attachments at either side.
Photos:

Attachments

• IMG_8645.JPG
    IMG_8645.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8646.JPG
    IMG_8646.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 7
Hello, I purchased three bags at the Goodwill over the weekend. None of them have inside tags inside but they all feel and look authentic to me. Could I get some third party perspective? Here is the third one:

Item Name (if you know it): Cavalry Pochette
Color: White and British Tan
Size: ~10.5x6x2
Note: non-adjustable detachable strap has 25" drop
Photos:

Attachments

• IMG_8647.JPG
    IMG_8647.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8648.JPG
    IMG_8648.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8649.JPG
    IMG_8649.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8650.JPG
    IMG_8650.JPG
    313.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8651.JPG
    IMG_8651.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8652.JPG
    IMG_8652.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 7
Hello, I purchased three bags at the Goodwill over the weekend. None of them have inside tags inside but they all feel and look authentic to me. Could I get some third party perspective? Here is the first one:

Item Name (if you know it): Large Equestrian shoulder bag R54?
Color: Taupe and British Tan
Size: 11x7.25x3.5
Photos:

View attachment 4998881

View attachment 4998882

View attachment 4998883

View attachment 4998884

View attachment 4998885

View attachment 4998886
Hello, I purchased three bags at the Goodwill over the weekend. None of them have inside tags inside but they all feel and look authentic to me. Could I get some third party perspective? Here is the second one:

Item Name (if you know it): Large Original Equestrian shoulder bag R54-HK?
Color: Ivory and British Tan
Size: ~11x7.25x3.5
Note: the strap has two buckle attachments at either side.
Photos:
Hello, I purchased three bags at the Goodwill over the weekend. None of them have inside tags inside but they all feel and look authentic to me. Could I get some third party perspective? Here is the third one:

Item Name (if you know it): Cavalry Pochette
Color: White and British Tan
Size: ~10.5x6x2
Note: non-adjustable detachable strap has 25" drop
Photos:
All are fine.