Dudes and their Diors

Came back from the store and was set on purchasing Mini Roller in Oblique.
Alas price already went up sometime between Wednesday - Saturday here in Australia before Feb 1st rumour. Sooo disappointed :sad:
Interestingly, another item I was interested in (Pouch with Shoulder Strap) has not gone up in price yet so maybe Dior strategically increased popular selling items before the weekend.
Roller price has increased from AUD 2250 >> 2450 (8.8%) as of today 30/01.
They only had 1 left which was floor stock and I was not willing to pay the extra price for something not brand new when I have to pay new price anyway down the line.
Guess it's the universe telling me now's not the right time to buy.
All the best to those looking to score any Dior piece!

V

hi! May I ask how much the pouch with shoulder strap is in AUD?

@averagejoe

I know that you have the transparent oblique t-shirt. How has it held up so far? I would like to get it but only to wear it over another shirt. However it's quite pricey and seems delicate and I don't want to wear clothes that make me worry all the time. What's your experience with it?

hi! May I ask how much the pouch with shoulder strap is in AUD?

Hi! I didn't enquire how much the pouch with shoulder strap after price increase as I was really leaning towards the mini roller.
Looking at Dior Canada website, it's currently listed at $1900. My roller was $1900CAD pre increase which was $2250AUD.
In this case, I would assume the pouch with shoulder strap would be $2250AUD? Best to drop by the store and ask directly.

Congratulations! It is an amazing bag! I can't wait to wear mine! We are still in lockdown right now, and with all the salted sidewalks (due to the snow), I don't feel like wearing anything nice. Hopefully I get a chance to, soon.

I kept the strap at the short setting that it came in from the production facility. I tried to lengthen it but it made the strap look too long when I hold the bag with the top handle and let the strap dangle. Will you choose to lengthen the strap, or keep it short? With the shorter setting, it rides really high when I wear it cross-body, but looks okay when worn over the shoulder.

Hang in there. Spring is around the corner! We are moving into Fall here in the southern hemisphere.
I have taken it out once on a warm day (and loving it!) and kept the strap at the short setting.
I realised I much prefer carrying this bag top handle and occasionally over the shoulder when I need both hands.
However, I will consider to crossbody over a jacket/coat when it gets cooler here and see how that goes.
Hope you get to wear yours soon :smile:

Reactions: averagejoe
Hang in there. Spring is around the corner! We are moving into Fall here in the southern hemisphere.
I have taken it out once on a warm day (and loving it!) and kept the strap at the short setting.
I realised I much prefer carrying this bag top handle and occasionally over the shoulder when I need both hands.
However, I will consider to crossbody over a jacket/coat when it gets cooler here and see how that goes.
Hope you get to wear yours soon :smile:
I think I'll prefer holding it with the top-handle too.

Enjoy the rest of the warm weather days in Australia!

@averagejoe

I know that you have the transparent oblique t-shirt. How has it held up so far? I would like to get it but only to wear it over another shirt. However it's quite pricey and seems delicate and I don't want to wear clothes that make me worry all the time. What's your experience with it?
I have 3 of them now, in black, white, and gradient blue (long sleeve style).

I haven't worn them out yet! Being so sheer, and with the lockdown when the weather was not too hot yet last year, I never got a chance. If it gets too warm, the shirt sticks to me and is very difficult to take off because it has no stretch. I don't want to damage it. I have seen how the fabric can pull and form lines (not on mine, yet), so it is on the delicate side.

That being said, I did get two of them altered from a loose fit to a tight fit, so the difficulty of taking them off is partially my fault.

Reactions: hightea_xx
I have 3 of them now, in black, white, and gradient blue (long sleeve style).

I haven't worn them out yet! Being so sheer, and with the lockdown when the weather was not too hot yet last year, I never got a chance. If it gets too warm, the shirt sticks to me and is very difficult to take off because it has no stretch. I don't want to damage it. I have seen how the fabric can pull and form lines (not on mine, yet), so it is on the delicate side.

That being said, I did get two of them altered from a loose fit to a tight fit, so the difficulty of taking them off is partially my fault.

Welp, what a pity :sad: Seems like a hassle. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Reactions: averagejoe
Welp, what a pity :sad: Seems like a hassle. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
They make a lot of other Oblique RTW items that are not sheer, and much more worry-free. I think my Oblique denim overshirt is a lot more practical than my 3 sheer tops. Have you considered other Oblique items? This Terry-cloth T-shirt is nice.
1609942103_113J692A0614_C989_E01_ZHC.jpg

I blacked out in February and purchased everything pictured, in addition to the black oblique terry cloth t-shirt averagejoe mentioned a few posts above.

I scored the pouch w/ strap and galaxy wallet secondhand. The boots were the last in my size in NY. I'm already eyeing a coat and cargo pants for my next purchase :eek:

I saw a peak of F/W 2021 and there's so many goodies coming our way. More saddle totes similar to the leather version I purchased two summers ago.

Attachments

• February Purchases.jpg
    February Purchases.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 52
I blacked out in February and purchased everything pictured, in addition to the black oblique terry cloth t-shirt averagejoe mentioned a few posts above.

I scored the pouch w/ strap and galaxy wallet secondhand. The boots were the last in my size in NY. I'm already eyeing a coat and cargo pants for my next purchase :eek:

I saw a peak of F/W 2021 and there's so many goodies coming our way. More saddle totes similar to the leather version I purchased two summers ago.
Wow what a haul! Congratulations!

Reactions: stylequake
First visit to Dior for indoor shopping in over 100 days due to local lockdowns! It was a beautiful day to be out and about and getting to see all the launches since lockdown in person!

A6E08D3D-F389-4300-A677-5A1EE8DD5C0A.jpeg
Love this necklace from Summer collection, it’s definitely on my wish list.

CEBEC08A-E133-4002-93E6-284DD7016EC4.jpeg
Also a quick OOTD (with my pink Summer 20 bomber jacket and my cruise 18 DiorAddict) while trying on some saddles (hint hint). This lovely Mauve color was nice. @averagejoe in the background also.

2554955D-0D1B-461C-9042-2FCD3AF37A57.jpeg
569D9BA5-EB52-4323-B247-F6BA7B04290B.jpeg
Ended up with this saddle from the Summer 21 collection in Khaki.

Nice! Got the same boots in February too!

Reactions: stylequake