Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Ive inherited some...I tried making icing objects but my hands get too hot so the icing melts. My mothers hands stayed cool.
I was 4 when I sewed up all my dolls clothes by myself...but have no patience now at all with the sewing machine.
My sister and I made all our dolls' clothes. My mother wouldn't buy us store bought doll clothes. She wasn't much of a seamstress. She taught us the basics but we both surpassed her. I remember my mother giving up on making me a dress when I was about 7. When I was a teen and in my early 20s, I made a lot of my clothes. Back when I was a teen, they didn't make bikinis for women with big busts so I had to make my own. When I started working, I made some of my own suits. I worked with a man who made his own suits too. It is no longer economical to make your own clothes. It is only worth it to get a style you can't buy.

Omg! I just used an Amodex stain remover wipe to remove ink marks from a Coach bag. They came off effortlessly! Love these wipes! My niece got ink on a $250 bag I gave her so I told her I’d work on it. I’m amazed it was so easy. I did not take before photo but it was pink ballpoint pen marks on pebbled leather.

Was any of it old set in ink or was it all new? Just curious if it might work on rehab projects.

My sister and I made all our dolls' clothes. My mother wouldn't buy us store bought doll clothes. She wasn't much of a seamstress. She taught us the basics but we both surpassed her. I remember my mother giving up on making me a dress when I was about 7. When I was a teen and in my early 20s, I made a lot of my clothes. Back when I was a teen, they didn't make bikinis for women with big busts so I had to make my own. When I started working, I made some of my own suits. I worked with a man who made his own suits too. It is no longer economical to make your own clothes. It is only worth it to get a style you can't buy.
I also made my own clothes and I could make a fully lined suit in a weekend. My grandma taught me little tricks and shortcuts so I usually didn’t follow patten instructions. I also designed and handknitted my own sweaters. I would go looking for shoes to match my new outfit and be disappointed in what I found in stores. I thought “I wish I could make my own shoes too.” Lol! One of the reasons I made my own clothes is I could have silk dresses and blouses that could be handwashed. I’d preshrink the fabrics and then make designer Vogue garments. Saved a ton in drycleaning.

This usually meant my clothes were unique but one time I was walking down the hall at my office and was wearing a vest and straight fitted skirt I’d made from Cotten velveteen. Only one other person was in the same hallway and she had the exact same outfit except the reverse in fabrics! My vest was a print and skirt solid. Hers was a solid vest and print skirt. We had the exact same fabrics! I asked if she’d made her outfit and she said no, she’d bought hers!

Hi, since I am not an authenticator, I thought I would move my response over here since your bag is vintage. The neutrals can be tricky to pin down. I believe the official color of your bag could be taupe. It was offered in late 1995 which is the timeframe for your bag. I have a bag that color too and was surprised when it arrived after buying it on line. I was expecting a rich, deep brown. It has since grown on me. I hope you enjoy your bag!
Hi thanks so much for your input. Its definitely an odd color but still a nice bag!

I also made my own clothes and I could make a fully lined suit in a weekend. My grandma taught me little tricks and shortcuts so I usually didn’t follow patten instructions. I also designed and handknitted my own sweaters. I would go looking for shoes to match my new outfit and be disappointed in what I found in stores. I thought “I wish I could make my own shoes too.” Lol! One of the reasons I made my own clothes is I could have silk dresses and blouses that could be handwashed. I’d preshrink the fabrics and then make designer Vogue garments. Saved a ton in drycleaning.

This usually meant my clothes were unique but one time I was walking down the hall at my office and was wearing a vest and straight fitted skirt I’d made from Cotten velveteen. Only one other person was in the same hallway and she had the exact same outfit except the reverse in fabrics! My vest was a print and skirt solid. Hers was a solid vest and print skirt. We had the exact same fabrics! I asked if she’d made her outfit and she said no, she’d bought hers!
A baker, a knitter and a seamstress? On top of that, a great rehabber. What do you NOT do?! :tup: I wish I could make my own bags and shoes. Not much patience (or skill) in crafting but I do love to cook.:giggle:

A baker, a knitter and a seamstress? On top of that, a great rehabber. What do you NOT do?! :tup: I wish I could make my own bags and shoes. Not much patience (or skill) in crafting but I do love to cook.:giggle:
Well, other than hosting dinner parties I really don’t like to cook so you’re one up on me. Lol! It’s my DIYer roots I guess. I’m good with power tools too. I made a daybed for my cabin loft for $200 in two days that cost $1600 at Pottery Barn. And I made this mirror for $125 sold at pottery Barn for $900. That is not including delivery charge and taxes!

Attachments

• B9A914B7-55DC-4CC0-85F2-1C3BE164A852.jpeg
    B9A914B7-55DC-4CC0-85F2-1C3BE164A852.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 32
Well, other than hosting dinner parties I really don’t like to cook so you’re one up on me. Lol! It’s my DIYer roots I guess. I’m good with power tools too. I made a daybed for my cabin loft for $200 in two days that cost $1600 at Pottery Barn. And I made this mirror for $125 sold at pottery Barn for $900. That is not including delivery charge and taxes!
Wow!! :loveeyes:

Okay we have sun today so I am going for a walk. Taking my newly cleaned and conditioned Janice, ‘05 I believe dark denim. The Oliver has been getting use and looks great after CPR. I have been in the Curtis since Monday, after pulling it out of hibernation. I picked it up at a thrift shop years ago, mainly because it was $25 in great condition.
View attachment 4996980

That Janice

Is anyone else experiencing issues with USPS tracking right now? It won’t even give me “shipping label created” & the label was created 5 days ago...
I am! The last real update I got was on the 16th and ever since then it’s “in transit, arriving late.” We did have horrible weather here in Texas, but it didn’t even say it arrived in Texas. I don’t even know where it is.