2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the model shots. Your style is amazing!
Thank you so much for your kind words @ElainePG! I remember not being able to lift more than five pounds (post hysterectomy). It’s so aggravating, and I hope your recovery from back (?) surgery is quick and easy ! Hugs

@SakuraSakura, congrats on the bao bao! What color or,pattern did you get? Would love to see an action shot!

Green bags: the evelyne is sauge which is a bit hard to photo ( also 35 trim II with coupon indiennes, duo etriers, Bolduc, and cheval sur mon carre cashmere silk GMs). Second pic is hand painted metallic striped ghurka camo backpack (canvas leather) and nylon Prada cross body, vintage from my own closet)
343A190A-B6FB-4531-B16B-646A19DE6B5B.jpeg AAE5DE77-FAB1-4644-8C40-217F470EDA57.jpeg

Last edited:
Gorgeous eye candy, dear. :love:
Thank you dear Elaine! I hope you‘re doing well. DH sounds so helpful. Best wishes on your recovery. Welcome back!
Okay, I'll play! After lot of trial and error (and after rejecting MANY Chanel lippies, which I had always assumed were the best) I finally settled on MAC #201 Brave Red, in their Creme Sheen formula. It goes on smoothly, it stays put, and it's flattering to my fair skin tone. It's a true "blue" red, with no brown in it, and also no yellow or orange. It also glides on well without any sort of base.
Fantastic share. I ran to the MAC site to check this out and a few others. It looks like it‘s a great shade for many colourings and I am interested in the formula. I added it to my “to buy” lipstick list, the next time I need want to buy a new lipstick. I did a bit of an overhaul of my lipsticks as I was identifying my favourites.

I finally did it everybody. I sold my IKat zippy wallet and replaced it with something I can wear casually, without fear of damaging it due to careless positioning in a handbag or on a table. My Issey Miyake Bao Bao! I bought it NWT at a fraction of retail.
Great addition! I've been curious about this style for a long time.

Finished the first twilly yesterday.View attachment 4997616

This looks really great! I love the colors in the scarf that you chose.

I finally did it everybody. I sold my IKat zippy wallet and replaced it with something I can wear casually, without fear of damaging it due to careless positioning in a handbag or on a table. My Issey Miyake Bao Bao! I bought it NWT at a fraction of retail.

Nice score!

Congratulations on selling your wallet and on your Bao Bao. It looks great!

Hi Jen,
Thank you for the scarf love. Here is a pic of my Hermes Sous l’Egide de Mars Cashmere CSGM CW 30 BE/Fuchsia/Parmesan/Rouge by Pierre Marie. I wore it yesterday! Here are a few pics with it tied different ways. I did a google search and it is on the Macau site, wow. https://www.hermes.com/mo/en/product/sous-l-egide-de-mars-shawl-140-H242776Sv30/
View attachment 4980056
View attachment 4980058View attachment 4980057View attachment 4980059
This is eye-poppingly gorgeous! And I just love the way it looks so different, depending how it's tied.

A pouch for the Pouch :smile: Much like the harness Hermes just released for the Birkin to be able to shoulder-carry it...

Over the summer I bought a longer strap for my gray Le Pliage because the one that came with it was annoyingly short, and was reminded of this, from Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods, where he's gearing up to hike the Appalachian Trail:

When, after much solemn consideration, I settled on a backpack—a very expensive Gregory, top-of-the-range, no-point-in-stinting-here sort of thing—he said, “Now what kind of straps do you want with that?”
“I beg your pardon?” ...
“Straps,” Dave explained. “You know, to tie on your sleeping bag and lash things down.”
“It doesn’t come with straps?” I said in a new, level tone.
“Oh, no.” He surveyed a wall of products and touched a finger to his nose. “You’ll need a raincover too, of course.”
I blinked. “A raincover? Why?”
“To keep out the rain.”
“The backpack’s not rainproof?”
He grimaced as if making an exceptionally delicate distinction. “Well, not a hundred percent. …”
This was extraordinary to me. “Really? Did it not occur to the manufacturer that people might want to take their packs outdoors from time to time? Perhaps even go camping with them. How much is this pack anyway?”
“Two hundred and fifty dollars.”
“Two hundred and fifty dollars! Are you shi,” I paused and put on a new voice. “Are you saying, Dave, that I pay $250 for a pack and it doesn’t have straps and it isn’t waterproof?”
He nodded.
“Does it have a bottom in it?”
That is HYSTERICAL! I'm reading this on a fairly grim Sunday morning (all sorts of stuff happening out here) and this was exactly the big roaring laugh I needed! Thank you!!!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Thank you so much for your kind words @ElainePG! I remember not being able to lift more than five pounds (post hysterectomy). It’s so aggravating, and I hope your recovery from back (?) surgery is quick and easy ! Hugs

@SakuraSakura, congrats on the bao bao! What color or,pattern did you get? Would love to see an action shot!

Green bags: the evelyne is sauge which is a bit hard to photo ( also 35 trim II with coupon indiennes, duo etriers, Bolduc, and cheval sur mon carre cashmere silk GMs). Second pic is hand painted metallic striped ghurka camo backpack (canvas leather) and nylon Prada cross body, vintage from my own closet)
View attachment 4997825 View attachment 4997826
Beautiful!

I used to have jeans and tee shirts and evening gowns and no in between. I gave most of them away and just found one I had forgotten I still had. It was in a dry cleaning bag hidden behind the floor length coat I would wear over them in winter. I thought there wouldn't be many more of such occasions. Now my daughter will be getting married and it will be very formal. So now I am in search of an elegant dress again.
Congratulations!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Got one of my two gowns out. Last wore this for a wedding, admittedly when I was a little thinner. Am on a diet and working out regularly so hopefully will be back to that point by the time COVID’s over.

It’s a really nice dark purple / burgundy and I love how long it is. Probably need to get some tailoring done so that there’s no so much gaping at the front.
View attachment 4982231

When I wore it before it was with strappy black heels, although now I’m thinking these silvery Loeffler Randals
View attachment 4982235

Only have two evening bags really, and with this dress I’d probably wear my pearly charcoal Chanel WOC.
View attachment 4982238

Thanks for letting me share!
This is a classic, elegant look.