The JADE thread!

Thank u ! I love the kum quat too . It was rather plain as a donut , so I spend a little fortune making it abit quirky with diamonds and another jadeite leaf . But was rather happy with the end result . So need to save $$$ before buying stuff again

I like princess round very much . But as I need 50-51inner diameter . It seems very difficult to fit my size , icy level & budget i m looking for.

Fairly expensive for princess rounds all things considered like nice quality , compare to other shapes cut for bangles because I was told more material is used usually .

sometimes I tell my hubby these things and he rolls his eyes at me telling me it looks all the same ,

Your cabochon ring is so vivid , watery and pretty . Makes me feel like having one soon .

Not very sure . I wear 50-52 for bangles . My current oval is 53 by 47 mm .

so I think u might need to ask the seller if you something u like

Lovely ! I remember u have a round icy one too . Was that a princess round ?

green can be so pretty and eye catching yes ? It’s probably also why many think that green is the “ representative “ of jade , even though jadeite can exist in so many colors .

greens are still most sought after by the Chinese and others in terms of jade acquisition . Tends to fetch premium price I realize .
You have such a great memory. Yes I do have a lightly carved white princess round bangle. Here it is Bernie.fullsizeoutput_3041.jpeg

I would say it is more colourless. But it is completely white with no hint of any other color. Sometimes white bangles have a hint of green or lavender or some other color but this has no other color. Thank you Vintagey.
That’s so rare to be pure colourless :smile: I have a colourless one but it has a green undertone esp under certain light and a white one that’s a little greyish. Here they are. The D nearer my palm is the colourless with green specks and undertone. The princess is the whiter one. Tho it is certified as faint lavender n faint green, i don’t really see those colours under any lighting . DBC67290-8F9C-497F-AF6B-29D09C8C2280.jpeg

I agree, although I do wish there were just as much posts about nephrite and it's Xinjiang varieties here. Perhaps learning more about it's formation, and dye detection.

Thanks for the video links! So many to look at. I only own a couple of nephrite things, but Iʻd love to see more. I donʻt know enough about how to judge quality or authenticity to feel comfortable buying unless theyʻve already been vetted in by other trusted jadies here.

I'm not a fan of waxy looking nephrite, I like creamy whites and clear/bright greens and shiny blacks, though thatʻs usually too much for my wallet.

I have seen some websites call it the “modern right angle cut”. I guess cos the sides are not rounded but straight down in a right angle from the top. I think UJ and Yokdee have some :biggrin: Do you ever wear Big Jade? It’s pretty.

Iʻll add that to my search terms! I like to look, but Iʻm thankfully pretty happy with my set for now. Itʻs the small jade bits that I have a harder time passing up.

I donʻt wear him as often anymore, but when I first got him, I wore him a lot. I liked to stack jade and Iʻd wear The Big Jade shoved up my arm like that. I also liked to wear it to sleep. I think heʻs a 71mm. When I first started my collection, my fave size was 51mm-ish.

That’s my experience too. Princess round will be smallest size for me (50-51), followed by round D (52-53) followed by oval D (54). However I just found I can squeeze into a 48 round D!!! With lotion and the right technique helped by the seller.

48 is so tiny! The only 48 that can fit me is ring size in circumference, LOL!

So did u end up buying this 48 bangle?

All my bangles are worn with soap and water. I’m pain intolerant and buy bigger bangles cos of it. My usual size is 57mm but I do have an oval on my left wrist which was put on by the seller with a plastic bag.

Reactions: VintageyGirl
That’s so rare to be pure colourless :smile: I have a colourless one but it has a green undertone esp under certain light and a white one that’s a little greyish. Here they are. The D nearer my palm is the colourless with green specks and undertone. The princess is the whiter one. Tho it is certified as faint lavender n faint green, i don’t really see those colours under any lighting . View attachment 4997452
These are so lovely Vintagey. You are lucky to have such beauties.

48 is so tiny! The only 48 that can fit me is ring size in circumference, LOL!

So did u end up buying this 48 bangle?

All my bangles are worn with soap and water. I’m pain intolerant and buy bigger bangles cos of it. My usual size is 57mm but I do have an oval on my left wrist which was put on by the seller with a plastic bag.
Yes plastic bags helps too. I was totally surprised I could fit into the 48! No I didn’t buy it yet but seriously considering it. It has good lustre and translucency and just a very unique violet purple and the other side is like a pale yellow/browny. Never seen this shade of purple before! Would post a photo but purples just don’t capture well. Much nicer IRL. My sizes 51-54 can be worn on left hand without soap/lotion but needs some help on the right hand. :smile:

Thanks for the video links! So many to look at. I only own a couple of nephrite things, but Iʻd love to see more. I donʻt know enough about how to judge quality or authenticity to feel comfortable buying unless theyʻve already been vetted in by other trusted jadies here.

I'm not a fan of waxy looking nephrite, I like creamy whites and clear/bright greens and shiny blacks, though thatʻs usually too much for my wallet.

Iʻll add that to my search terms! I like to look, but Iʻm thankfully pretty happy with my set for now. Itʻs the small jade bits that I have a harder time passing up.

I donʻt wear him as often anymore, but when I first got him, I wore him a lot. I liked to stack jade and Iʻd wear The Big Jade shoved up my arm like that. I also liked to wear it to sleep. I think heʻs a 71mm. When I first started my collection, my fave size was 51mm-ish.
Wow 71 vs 51 is quite a difference! Funny and cute that you identify Big Jade as a “he/him” :biggrin: He is very statement and cool!

Iʻm not sure what the shape is called, but a goal for me would be to acquire a square profile bangle in black. Kind of like my "the Big Jade" but without the carvings.

Reposts for those whoʻve never see The Big Jade :smile:

hBNjDE8.jpg

ArxEY8p.jpg

Blingy! Love the green and how it changes. Whatʻs your favorite lighting for it?

Wow, Big Jade can look so different - white in the top picture and green in the bottom picture :biggrin: I prefer the look in the first picture - dreamy :biggrin:

I bought a square profile black bangle from JadeiteRoom last year at a very good price. You can check her out too. She once told me she can ship via FedEx but she will charge for it. Here's my post last year on my black bangle: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-jade-thread.903525/post-33798855

Last edited:
With a mystic knot today.

I must say, I’ve been having a difficult time loading this and other threads ever since TPF came back after being down a day on Wednesday. I’ve had to switch to Chrome (from Firefox) on my Mac but I still need to load and reload till pictures and posts all show up. Anyone else having problems?

View attachment 4997509
Beautiful translucency on this mystic knot!

Reactions: SmokieDragon
So worth the wait Icyjade! Beautiful.

Thanks! I feel like my fate/affinity with this jadeite is strong. Has to be cos I passed up on other beautiful jadeite cabs/rings in the past but not this one.

Blingy! Love the green and how it changes. Whatʻs your favorite lighting for it?

Thanks! It seems to look pretty great under any direct lighting, whether natural or artificial although it can look darker or lighter green. But the green is always vivid and alive so long as there is light. Indirect natural light is probably when I’m not as enamored with the color.

Your cabochon ring is so vivid , watery and pretty . Makes me feel like having one soon .

Not very sure . I wear 50-52 for bangles . My current oval is 53 by 47 mm .

so I think u might need to ask the seller if you something u like

Basically, if you wear a 58mm princess round, that would be 59mm in D shape. For an oval, we would then add 2-3mm which would be 61-62mm. However, ovals don't come in such big sizes eg the biggest I've seen is 58mm :sad:
That’s my experience too. Princess round will be smallest size for me (50-51), followed by round D (52-53) followed by oval D (54). However I just found I can squeeze into a 48 round D!!! With lotion and the right technique helped by the seller.

Thanks ladies! Unfortunately I think @SmokieDragon you are right - ovals don’t come in such big sizes? Don’t remember seeing irl.

@VintageyGirl gosh you have such slender hands/wrist!!! So 48 is probably right for you and you may even be able to go smaller. I need soap to put on/remove almost all my bangles.

Reactions: VintageyGirl