How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Today I am filled with grief after learning that a good friend of mine died from covid yesterday evening. I had not seen her in a while, but we exchanged Christmas cards and all was well then. She tested positive for the virus last Thursday and died yesterday. I was told she had all of the classic symptoms and refused to go the the hospital when paramedics were called to her home due to her difficulty in breathing Monday evening, I believe. This is the first person I have lost that I cared for and loved as a friend. I am just in shock and filled with sadness. I know people are being vaccinated, but please continue to be vigilant about staying safe and wearing a mask. She was 56 years old with no health concerns that I knew of.
Sorry for your loss

My state messed up the registration process and by the time I heard they were up and running again, all appointments were filled. We basically have to wait for the health department to call us.

Oddly, I don't think of my health issues as being that big a deal, but thank you. In the great scheme of things, I know I'm fortunate.
Keep safe and keep pressing them for a slot to get your jab

My mom's younger brother has stage four cancer and COPD, but she's only seen him two or three times since this all began (drive by visits) and she told me today that she couldn't with good conscious go visit him in person because she is still around me and my sibling sometimes, and because she coughs sometimes. So she said that they just had to get by on phone calls for now.

She had her first dose of the vaccine a week ago and he has his in a few days, so I am hoping they will get to actually see each other in person by April. She was tougher about it than me as she was making food to drop off on his doorstep because I was crying like a baby.

San Francisco (and I assume California) is giving COVID vaccines through pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens) as well as large vaccination centers. It used to be limited to SF residents and workers, but I heard (I haven’t confirmed) it had been opened up to California residents over 65. I checked for appointments a couple of days ago and there were many same-day slots available at Moscone Center South — they were scheduling 3 days in advance . I didn’t go past that (I don’t qualify; I just wanted to see availability) so don’t know what information would be required.

San Francisco (and I assume California) is giving COVID vaccines through pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens) as well as large vaccination centers. It used to be limited to SF residents and workers, but I heard (I haven’t confirmed) it had been opened up to California residents over 65. I checked for appointments a couple of days ago and there were many same-day slots available at Moscone Center South — they were scheduling 3 days in advance . I didn’t go past that (I don’t qualify; I just wanted to see availability) so don’t know what information would be required.
I live in a neighboring state and vaccines are offered through my county, three local and regional hospital systems, and select retail drugstores (e.g. CVS). Current requirements are age 65+ or the next wave including first responders, care givers, school teachers and these are by notification only that they can register.

Over 65 has been available in California for over a month. Not all counties are providing vaccines through pharmacies. My county is still administering vaccines themselves. I'm getting my second shot today.

So I'm assuming it's available to residents of SF who also work in SF, right? I don't live in SF, but I'm an essential worker in SF and I'm at the back of the line. Not complaining (too much) as I'm luckier than most.

Been working from home since March 2020 and although Australia’s response to the pandemic has been successful I am looking forward to having the vaccine
Still no clear date (that I am aware of)

I knew this would happen, just knew it!

Our Health minister has now "Hinted" that we Might stay Lockdown longer then the 5 days. The cluster from the Hotel quarantine has now grown to 16 people and over 1000+ people who were either close contacts or relative's of the staff that tested positive have to self isolate for 14 days.

This just feels like a repeat of last year with the Hotel quarantine debacle which caused the second wave here! We really won't know anything until our state leader makes an announcement - But he does listen to our Health minister, so if he thinks we should stay lockdown longer, then that's what our state leader will do. I have no idea what is going to happen next month when the extended 6 month one time only health bill expires which gave/gives our state leader the power to lock us down.

So my whole state has to pay for the incompetence of a certain amount of people who simply didn't follow the new Virus health regulations!

Last edited:
Can't you get the vaccine through your county? It's free so it doesn't matter where you get it. As far as I know, most states have opened up vaccine registration for people over 65.

I'm sorry you have health problems.
Unfortunately not every state is doing this. My state hasn’t opened up vaccines to anyone not in certain essential worker categories or under 75. I think it’s just outrageous that 65 and medically compromised aren’t a higher priority than young healthy “essential” workers.