Chanel XXL Airline Flap

anuy

Dec 10, 2007
Hello everyone!

Is the Chanel XXL a seasonal piece or a considered a "classic flap"? I have not seen it included in the "list" of seasonal flaps but I keep seeing pics of them (inside of a store) pop up on IG for sale from personal shoppers. Has anyone purchased one recently? Trying to locate one but my SA said he hasn't seen one in his store in awhile. Thanks!

They are available. I was in the same boat and thought it was a one time item but performed research and discovered it still exists. I purchased mine last year from Hirshleifers. Although it did take several months after placing the order probably due to COVID (I am guessing). I was also in boutique recently and swore I saw one there on display.

Hi there,
Is it a bad decision to buy a XXL 2.55 in size 228 Chanel bag which is discontinued? This would be my first Chanel purchase. But wanted to know what everyone thinks? And how can I get the bag authencity done? If the bag is too big on me and seller has a no return policy can I get Ebay involved? Just wondering as I’m really new in Chanel world and super nervous? Thx for your inputs! I would appreciate to hear from u!! Tc!

I have a reissue 228. I really like mine but I do not like small bags and carry a LOT with me. It is heavy though. I would have it authenticated BEFORE you buy it so you don't have to stress over that. You cannot return something because it is too big on you so before buying be sure you want a large bag!

Reactions: OCMomof3
They are available. I was in the same boat and thought it was a one time item but performed research and discovered it still exists. I purchased mine last year from Hirshleifers. Although it did take several months after placing the order probably due to COVID (I am guessing). I was also in boutique recently and swore I saw one there on display.
Hi, Can you tell me what colour you got.? Also if you had a code. I really want to get one..!

Hi, Can you tell me what colour you got.? Also if you had a code. I really want to get one..!

Hi Birkin Girl:

The Chanel Style # is A91169. Dimensions are 11"x18"x6". I ordered in Black. It was a pre-fall item ordered last May, 2020 and received in August 2020. Also, please note that the original XXL flaps had the back pocket with an opening on the bottom so you can slide it over your luggage handle and it won't budge while going through the airport. They eliminated the slide through pocket and so it is a regular pocket instead. It didn't bother me. I hope that helps and good luck.

Reactions: disappeared
Hi everyone,

This might be a silly question as I don't even have children yet, but I was talking with my friend (who is expecting) about (designer) diaper bags and I was curious if anyone has used or would use a XXL flap as a diaper bag? As I don't have experience with either this bag or diaper bags, I have no idea if this would be a good idea or not. Any mommies out there who could give their advice on this? Of course it doesn't include a changing mat etc. but it is big and light.. and I also hear from other moms out there that they don't even really use those (changing mats), at least not the ones that come with designer diaper bags.

Thank you!

it depends on what you want to carry with you for the baby. i never carried a proper diaper bag, kept it in the trunk of the car and put a couple of diapers in my handbag instead. although some babies get a lot of poop or spit up on their clothes, mine never did, so i never had the need to carry a bunch of stuff with me.

so to answer your question, i wouldn't carry a chanel bag as a diaper bag and put bottles (with breast milk or formula) or dirty/poopy onesies in it.

Reactions: tashinto
Every baby is different, so you might have a baby who needs to be changed often/is messy/eats a lot of snacks etc. so size is really dependent on that but I can't imagine you are going to have a child whose things all fit in an XXL cause at the end of the day most babies go poop constantly so diapers will add up, and along with diapers come wipes/creams/etc. That being said there is a reason that majority of diaper bags are made out of nylon/fabric...it's so you can wash them. Kids have a lot of stuff and I am almost certain you don't want to put snacks/wipes/creams (things that can accidentally open and explode) into a Chanel bag. Not to mention the weight of all of the things kids have that can wear down a bag. On top of that, you need them to be able to stretch so you can pack in more stuff if needed. Personally, I suggest against this idea completely. If you really want a Chanel bag, buy a "normal" diaper bag and buy yourself a mini or small flap. Also once you become a mother you will quickly realize of course fashion still has its place but you also need to be more practical about your choices (ex: would you buy a white couch if you have 2 toddlers? probably not).

A Chanel flap of coure does not come with a changing mat because they are not meant to be used as a diaper bag. Personally, I wouldn't go to anyone's home with a child without a changing mat...imagine getting poop on someone else's carpet because you didn't want to take a changing mat because it didn't fit in your luxury handbag. I suggest reading up more about children and what they need on a daily basis before making any decisions regarding this.

Last edited:
My baby is 20 months old and since birth I have only ever used Chanel bags as a diaper bag. I have 4 Deauville totes which I rotate through. I was a bit concerned about the bags getting dirty/ruined but this hasn't been the case and two of them are beige. I have a tote savvy insert which I pack and organise all the essentials - it fits everything including a change of clothes and when she was a newborn a managed to fit a lot into the insert. I then moved the totesavvy insert between totes. The insert also helps keep the bags structure. I do also have an XXL and I did use this for her things when we have travelled but I found it much harder to organise without the insert and it was less hand for quick access as you need to unfasten the turnlock.

On the subject of changing mats - I live in the UK and we have disposable changing mats which you can buy and I used to fit 5-6 of them easily in the bag. They can just be disposed off in a bag with the diaper.

Same with the dirty clothes - I would place them into a ziplock bag (always kept a supply of these in the bag) and that would keep them from ruining the inside of the bag.

On the subject of snacks I always place them in clear zip bags and I can easily see and access them.

I have the rare Chanel in 2 28 ANNIVERSARY ISSUE from 2005.Will become vintage in a few years and I am incredibly happy that I made this purchase. I don't like small bags, however, I am tall. I also like the large 2 27. The 2 28 in actually not a huge bag. Personally, I think the 2 28 is fabulous. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: JLO1