If Chanel allowed you to ‘special order’ a bag like Hermes: which bag would you choose?

Mom30raps

Oct 1, 2018
Let’s allow our imagination to run wild: if you are allowed to pick your choice of design, leather, hardware and color: which bag would you choose? For me, it will be the medium classic flap in 17B red or blue roi chevron caviar with lghw.
Share your dream combo, let’s have some fun.

Let’s allow our imagination to run wild: if you are allowed to pick your choice of design, leather, hardware and color: which bag would you choose? For me, it will be the medium classic flap in 17B red or blue roi chevron caviar with lghw.
Share your dream combo, let’s have some fun.
They actually did this sometime in 2009. I remember reading about it years later.
See the attachment from the price increase thread. Itd be awesome if they could do that again but it would probably cost $10k.

Screenshot_20210125-194102_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
They actually did this sometime in 2009. I remember reading about it years later.
See the attachment from the price increase thread. Itd be awesome if they could do that again but it would probably cost $10k.

One of the members wrote in 8/2010:
"REMEMBER WHEN WE GOT THE INVITES TO MAKE YOUR OWN BAG IN CHANEL 57 IN N.Y.?..I think it was Last September.......THE PRICE FOR CUSTOM COLOR, CUSTOM LINING, CUSTOM HARDWARE WAS I BELIEVE $3,500.00..........We thought it was soooooooo expensive...........Wish I had been one of the smart ones that went and I would have my last Chanel but at least a Custom one just for me..."

View attachment 4969670
Oh wow! Did not know this actually happened. Thank you for your insight. I agree, wish we had a chance to custom order a bag at that price range. With such a steep and frequent price increase, wish Chanel brings back the gold plated hardware and something like custom orders to justify the price.

This is going to sound really boring, but for me it would be a black rectangular mini with silver hardware, thicker grained caviar (like on black classic flaps), edge stitching, and the same strap drop as a WOC. Heck, I’d buy two of these for when I wear the first one out since I carry my current black caviar mini just about every day and usually have to remind/force myself to swap out bags every now and then ‍♀️

Reactions: pinkrose398
Oh wow! Did not know this actually happened. Thank you for your insight. I agree, wish we had a chance to custom order a bag at that price range. With such a steep and frequent price increase, wish Chanel brings back the gold plated hardware and something like custom orders to justify the price.
Totally! I wish I could go back to 2009 and take them up on their offer! That would be amazing!

I would get the 2012 pearly beige caviar with GHW chevron in medium.

Reactions: handbagcrunch

View attachment 4969670
I know someone who was offered to do that in NY and she did a gold jumbo with gold hardware!

Personally I would do caviar rectangular mini in burgundy with gold hardware. They did come out with that combo a few seasons ago but being in Vancouver with the worst SAs ever and the least stock ever, I was unable to get my hands on it.

I know someone who was offered to do that in NY and she did a gold jumbo with gold hardware!

Personally I would do caviar rectangular mini in burgundy with gold hardware. They did come out with that combo a few seasons ago but being in Vancouver with the worst SAs ever and the least stock ever, I was unable to get my hands on it.
She's sooooo lucky. I wish I could go back in time and do that.

Reactions: icedcoffee
Nothing haunts me like the bag I never bought. I would special order the Mademoiselle Bag (large or med) in caviar leather with gold hardware in black or navy.

I had my chance years ago and bought a Prada instead. Big mistake..... :doh: