First time Hermès, question

Classy_Sam

Jul 22, 2014
Hi dear all,
This is my first post on the Hermès forum, and I actually have a noob question.
I would love to own a Kelly on the Go in noir epsom, fresh from the boutique. I live in Holland, is it even possible to buy one at the boutique or be put on the waiting list even if I have only bought a pair of Oran sandals in the past? Or do you have to buy other Hermès items first?

Thanks for the time to educate me in the wonderful world of H!

I tried to ask about in Rome boutique and was told that this WOG go to much more important clients because the stock is very limited and the waiting list very long..... I bought only some small normal bags and silver jewels before...

Do you have the contact details of the SA who helped you with the Oran sandals? If so, let him/her know what you’re looking for. I am able to have facetime appointments with my SA in Amsterdam (also looking at bags).
If not, you could try to ring the number that’s on the Dutch website (for distant selling, doesn’t hurt to try!). Or you could wait until the stores open again, visit (maybe buy something small) and let the SA there know what you are looking for.

Reactions: Txoceangirl
Do you have the contact details of the SA who helped you with the Oran sandals? If so, let him/her know what you’re looking for. I am able to have facetime appointments with my SA in Amsterdam (also looking at bags).
If not, you could try to ring the number that’s on the Dutch website (for distant selling, doesn’t hurt to try!). Or you could wait until the stores open again, visit (maybe buy something small) and let the SA there know what you are looking for.

I’ll visit once the stores are open again.. the Oran sandals are years ago, didn’t had an SA contact back then. The thing is (with regarding buying something small) I only like the Kelly on the go (and the B and K) so I wouldn’t know what to buy..
I’ll just go and try my luck once we are able to shop again..

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and TheDutchess
I tried to ask about in Rome boutique and was told that this WOG go to much more important clients because the stock is very limited and the waiting list very long..... I bought only some small normal bags and silver jewels before...

Jeez. Sounds like they are trying to get you to spend more money. I honestly think that some SAs try to capitalize on your strong interest for a particular item and make you more things first. They are pretty easy to come by in the US...

Reactions: Classy_Sam
Jeez. Sounds like they are trying to get you to spend more money. I honestly think that some SAs try to capitalize on your strong interest for a particular item and make you more things first. They are pretty easy to come by in the US...

I agree. And I’m not going to do that so I guess no H for me.

I agree. And I’m not going to do that so I guess no H for me.

My advice is to just wait until the shop is open then try your luck.

My other advice would be to start with small things you like to wear/use and little by little you will build up a profile that will score you the bag you want. I always go to Hermes for buying small gifts and you would be amazed how these little purchases helped me out.

My advice is to just wait until the shop is open then try your luck.

My other advice would be to start with small things you like to wear/use and little by little you will build up a profile that will score you the bag you want. I always go to Hermes for buying small gifts and you would be amazed how these little purchases helped me out.

Thanks for the reply. The thing is that I’m not really into Hermes except for the Kelly on the Go, so buying small things wouldbe “wasting money” for me. I’ll just stay at Chanel for now:P