VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Hello, I’m sorry you had a bad experience. Can you add some photos of the issues you noticed? Chalcedony is a hardy stone, so I wouldn’t think you caused any damage by briefly handling it. Have you seen other chalcedony pieces in person to judge whether this one is normal or not? It sounds like it is not normal from your description, but since you mentioned you are very new to the brand I assume you know the stone has natural color variations through it (though they should not be rose gold). I would try gently wiping it with a cloth and if the marks remain then the SA should absolutely exchange it. You may just have to wait for one to come available, but it certainly will.

Thanks so much for your reply. I took a few photos last night but they’re not the best (and it’s still dark and rainy right now). The motif with the the marks/rust is in the first photo. I attempted to capture the “cloudiness” (circled) on the other motifs in the second and third photo, but it was a bit difficult to.

The marks/rust don’t appear normal based on what I’ve seen, but I’m not sure about the “cloudiness”. Any thoughts based on the photos would be appreciated. Thanks again for all your help.56EE6BC6-B367-4A9E-966A-27EEC4802CF4.jpegB48A6A86-9A82-4F8D-9D5B-30ADF482093A.jpeg689496A6-5461-47FA-991E-F60777290885.jpeg

Thanks so much for your reply. I took a few photos last night but they’re not the best (and it’s still dark and rainy right now). The motif with the the marks/rust is in the first photo. I attempted to capture the “cloudiness” (circled) on the other motifs in the second and third photo, but it was a bit difficult to.

The marks/rust don’t appear normal based on what I’ve seen, but I’m not sure about the “cloudiness”. Any thoughts based on the photos would be appreciated. Thanks again for all your help.View attachment 4955040View attachment 4955041View attachment 4955042
After seeing your post, I went back to look at my 20 motif necklace. I think the cloudiness you talked about is part of normal striated chalcedony
871ACC6A-C0C6-4FFB-8BAA-55F7079CF0B4.jpeg4C4B6DD7-4D99-4FD4-BEE9-A1EC67BF3E89.jpeg

After seeing your post, I went back to look at my 20 motif necklace. I think the cloudiness you talked about is part of normal striated chalcedony
View attachment 4955231View attachment 4955232

Thanks so much for taking the time to check on your necklace and taking photos. The cloudiness on my bracelet seems to follows the clover shape (almost like a cloudy border along the edge of the stone). In your photos, I see the striations as lines running from the top left to the bottom right of the clover, with some areas that are translucent. Is the translucency the “cloudy” that you’re seeing? (Apologies if I’ve totally missed what you’re referring to). Thanks again!

• Love
Reactions: 880
NEED HELP PLEASE !!!

What size SINGLE ROW DIAMOND PERLEE lines up seamlessly with a size 16 CARTIER LOVE BRACELET?

I am not sure if it will be an EXTRA SMALL or SMALL. I don’t want the bracelets to slide over each other.

Thank you ALL so very much:hugs:

Reactions: kimber418
Thank you @4LV :flowers: What size is your wrist?

I just measured my wrist at the widest part just after the wristbone (towards the fingers) and it's 5.5". Trying to ensure whether I fall in the XS category.
Have to go home to measure, could not remember even I measured so many times. LOL. But I do wear a Love in size 16 and I had that on when I tried with the single roll Perlee, it fits perfect. Then what was the smallest Perlee Clover before they came out four sizes? I think that was XS also? I tried that with XS single roll also, it fits too. Trying to decide if I need a single roll or triple, LOL

• Love
Reactions: 880 and HADASSA
Have to go home to measure, could not remember even I measured so many times. LOL. But I do wear a Love in size 16 and I had that on when I tried with the single roll Perlee, it fits perfect. Then what was the smallest Perlee Clover before they came out four sizes? I think that was XS also? I tried that with XS single roll also, it fits too. Trying to decide if I need a single roll or triple, LOL
Hahaha!!! I'm a minimalist and have the LOVES in the classic and thin versions but I think I need (read want) a little sparkle ;)

The marks/rust don’t appear normal based on what I’ve seen, but I’m not sure about the “cloudiness”. Any thoughts based on the photos would be appreciated. Thanks again for all your help.View attachment 4955040View attachment 4955041View attachment 4955042
It is hard to tell from the first photo if there is damage or just unfortunate placement of the natural striations. Either way, I would request an exchange for a bracelet with more attractive stones. The later photos appear to be marks from finger oils or the environment that will come off with a polishing cloth, but I suspect that your item was either a return or was handled a bit and not cleaned well prior to being sent to you. In either case, I would still opt to exchange it for a better bracelet.

I just saw on FB that VCA is having another price increase. Is that true? Has anyone else heard anything?

The only thing I have seen is that the Lucky animals are having a price increase. I don't think they'd have another across the board increase this soon since there was one at the end of Sept. Someone else said that some high jewelry and timepieces are going up.