My experience with getting BBL (or hip up) as a skinny girl at PrettyBody clinic in Seoul

alistocat

Feb 16, 2019
Hi!

I noticed that there is not a lot of people who shared their experience about bbl (or hip up) in Korea, so I thought I would share mine here.

I had been wanting to do bbl for quite some time, as I didn’t really like the shape of my butt and had hip dips, but I had restrained from doing it because I thought I wouldn’t have enough fat to do the surgery and get the results I wanted (I was 53 kg 172 cm). However, I decided to still go consult clinics in Korea to hear the doctors’ advice.

I visited several different clinics, but I decided to go to PrettyBody clinic because I felt very confident after the consultations with the doctor that he knew exactly what kind of results I was going for (plus I liked their results on which I saw on gangnam unnie). The clinic told me that I should gain as much weight as I could before the surgery and that they would extract and use as much fat as possible for the surgery, and that I would need to come back for a top up 3 weeks later to put the rest (to maintain the result as some fat gets absorbed by the body).

I am 10 days post op now. Waking up from surgery was a little bit rough, but I felt good after 30 minutes and was able to take the 45 minutes subway back home on my own (the clinic wanted to call me a taxi but I felt good enough to go back on my own). The staff has been so nice from day 1: the nurses and consultants were checking up on me and helping me with my every moves when I woke up and they even got me some porridge, and the consultant has been so sweet and constantly checking up on me since I left the clinic. I had to go back the next morning to clean up my wounds and normally I would have been supposed to go every day, but because I live really far away I preferred doing it myself at home instead.

The first two days were a bit painful because I had to constantly be laying down on my stomach which had had liposuction, but the painkillers were really effective. I stayed at home for the whole weekend but then on the Monday after I started going back to my normal activities, which really helped with the swelling. My recovery went incredible well, there was almost no more pain after 4 days so I stopped taking the pain killers and now I feel like I’m (almost) back to normal again.

The worst part of the recovery has definitely been having to sleep on my stomach because Im used to sleeping on my back so I find this position really uncomfortable, but I got used to it now. Not being able to sit is also quite annoying, but I can still sit by sitting on the edge of the chair and putting pressure on my thighs instead, so it’s not so bad. The bruising was quite intense at first, but now it’s starting to go away (I don’t really see it anyways because of the garment).

The original plan was to inject about 300cc in each cheek in the first surgery and 200 during the top up. However, I ate SO much and was able to gain a lot of weight during the surgery; when I went back to the clinic 3 weeks later, I weighted 58 kg. So when I woke up I was told that they had removed 2500 cc of fat from my thighs, stomach and waist, that they had put 500 cc on each side and could save 800 cc more for the top up. I thought this was quite impressive, as the other clinics I went to said they would be able to inject only 100-250 cc on each side (when I showed them a picture of 2017 Kylie Jenner which is the result I’m going for lol).

So far (and especially since a lot of the swelling went down now) I think my results look absolutely great: the shape of my butt is incredible and my hips look great too. I’m still swollen but my waist and thighs are already smaller now than they were before my surgery.

I am going back to the clinic on Thursday to remove my stitches, and will go back in about two weeks for the top up. I’ll write more updates here when I do and I’ll post before and after pictures when the final result is achieved :smile:

Thank you for sharing your experience!
How’s thet result now? Would you mind to share your before and after photo?
Hi! My result now is still very good! The swelling is mostly gone now and I love the shape of my hips and butt, but since I did not have much fat to begin with the result is not as dramatic as I wanted, which the clinic warned me about beforehand. This is why I'm getting a second top up on the 20th actually, they froze some of my fat after the first procedure and they said they would lipo me again if I wanted to collect more fat. I will post before and after photos after I have my top up :smile:

Update: I got surgery about three weeks ago and my stitches removed about a week ago, and now I am pretty much fully healed. The parts of my body which had liposuction are still a little bit sensitive so I am careful and I am still careful to sit on my thighs rather than on my butt, but the bruises have disappeared and I am back to my normal activities now (although I have to wear the annoying garment all the time lol).

My garment had gotten a little bit loose from wearing it every day so the clinic had it fixed when I went back to remove my stiches for free and mailed it back to me on the same day. I am having a second top up on the 20th, I will update here once this is done with before and after photos. As I said earlier, I was too skinny to have the results I wanted in one procedure, as the clinic said the fat would not all survive if I got it all injected at once and my results wouldn't be as good.

Now that the swelling is pretty much all gone I can see quite clearly how the results will look like and so far I absolutely love it, I finally have hips and a round butt lol. I can't wait to see the final results :smile: Not looking forward to not being able to sit again for two weeks but I can live with that for the sake of the results haha.

The consultant (Angelina) has once again been very sweet and helpful. She texts me once in a while to inquire about my condition, and she answers all of my questions really quickly. Honestly it really is a relief because I was a little bit worried about getting surgery here as someone who doesn't speak Korean so it's really great to have her take care of me like that.

Anyways, I will post an update after I get my top up and I will also post my before and after pictures then. :smile:

Hi!
So it’s been about a month since my last procedure now so I can finally see the final results :smile:
When I came to the hospital on the 20th of January everything pretty much went the same way it had went the first time. They weighted me and prepared me for surgery, and the consultant Angelina had bought some snacks for me for after the surgery.
This time the procedure didn’t take as long, as they only put in the fat which they had stored after the first surgery, as well as calf Botox which I decided to do as well.
I woke up about 1h30 later, I felt dizzy but I wasn’t in pain. This time I asked to go back home almost immediately after, as I only wanted to go lay down in my bed. The consultant took me to the metro again and I went back home and spent the next two days there.
There wasn’t much pain, but I felt sore and I wanted to make sure there would be as little fat absorption as possible, so I tried not to move too much. After two days I was able to walk run some errands and after 4-5 days I was pretty much back to normal life. Although once again I couldn’t sit.
Recovery was quite easy this time, but it was just annoying not to be able to sit until recently, although not sitting for three more weeks of my life is definitely worth the results (and there wasn’t much to do with covid anyways lol). I removed the stitches a week later and once again the consultant texted me pretty much every day to ask me how I was doing and make sure I was taking my medications.
I’m very very amazed by my results, considering the fact that no other clinics thought they could achieve much with my initial percentage of body fat. I got a total of around 1000cc injected on each side in two procedures. There was still fat absorption the second time, but less than the first time and my hips are still very defined and butt very round. I don’t wanna post underwear pictures on here (if you message me in private maybe I can lol) but the photos below are before I had anything done and before I started gaining weight and after the second procedure. On the first photo, I weighted 53kg and on the second I weight around 59kg. I’ve never weighted so much, and yet I’ve never looked so good haha. Anyways, if you’re skinny and wanna have bbl, it’s definitely possible, as long as you pick a doctor who is used to working with skinner patients and as long as you are able to gain weight before the procedure. :smile:

Attachments

• 0B676AEB-3BE8-4D16-8026-1B17C0414060.jpeg
    0B676AEB-3BE8-4D16-8026-1B17C0414060.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 2F2B91ED-D347-459F-B2A1-7756866327C8.jpeg
    2F2B91ED-D347-459F-B2A1-7756866327C8.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 199
Your results are really nice!! Can I ask how you gained weight for the procedure? I'm a pretty active person and I have IBS so 1.food is not my friend and 2. I can't really keep weight on so any advice would be helpful haha
But seriously this is so useful, I don't think I've seen any good reviews for bbls in korea!! thank you!!!

Your results are really nice!! Can I ask how you gained weight for the procedure? I'm a pretty active person and I have IBS so 1.food is not my friend and 2. I can't really keep weight on so any advice would be helpful haha
But seriously this is so useful, I don't think I've seen any good reviews for bbls in korea!! thank you!!!
You're welcome :smile: To gain weight I just ate about double what I normally would have eaten in a day (and sometimes more). And also I usually am quite active and walk a lot, so during this period I tried to take the subway and walk as little as possible as well.

oh wow! you look so great!

Could you maybe update us later if there are any other changes? i'm really scared because i heard bbl can cause more cellulite when you age... :pray::pray:
So far I haven't noticed any change, I have a bit of cellulite but I've always had that ever since I was a teen and weighted 100 lbs lol. I'm considering some cellulite treatments eventually

Reactions: jolynejolyne