Amina Muaddi

None of my BG orders have come in yet, but the purple pvc begum slingback pair from SSense arrived! I'm typically a 36-37 in CL and Choo, so based on the recommendations in this thread I ordered a 36. The shoe itself feels like the right size, but the slingback strap feels a little long on the right side. I'm going to try to get the strap shorted, but generally I think they look fun so I'll keep.

Still waiting on the clear pump and brygit from BG!
They look great on you!! so fun :smile:

So I got the glass begum pump from The Webster (thank you Marissa!) and both heels squeak as I walk. I think the heel wasn’t glued firmly. Is anyone else experiencing that with the glass heel? I didn’t have any of that with the satin begum, so it may be the pvc and plastic? In any case, really disappointing that such pricey shoes are not well made (glue left over all around the heels and pvc). Has anyone else experienced had a squeaky heel? Should I return?

I finally got my hands on the Rosie heels! They are so beautiful, i went half a size down because of the Begum pump being way to big for me & ordered a 37. Size wise they fit perfect, the back strap on the right heel does keep slipping down but I’ve heard this is a pretty common thing with these heels? If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• 4E0FC98C-A373-4A8E-B3D0-E09293C2D3B4.jpeg
    4E0FC98C-A373-4A8E-B3D0-E09293C2D3B4.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 80
I finally got my hands on the Rosie heels! They are so beautiful, i went half a size down because of the Begum pump being way to big for me & ordered a 37. Size wise they fit perfect, the back strap on the right heel does keep slipping down but I’ve heard this is a pretty common thing with these heels? If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.
I will be trying foot petals clear strappy strips. honestly not the best look but I figure nobody will be looking closely at my heel, plus would rather not fidget with it. Hoping I will have a chance to wear them soon?!!

Reactions: ElishaDxoxo
So I got the glass begum pump from The Webster (thank you Marissa!) and both heels squeak as I walk. I think the heel wasn’t glued firmly. Is anyone else experiencing that with the glass heel? I didn’t have any of that with the satin begum, so it may be the pvc and plastic? In any case, really disappointing that such pricey shoes are not well made (glue left over all around the heels and pvc). Has anyone else experienced had a squeaky heel? Should I return?
I have noticed the right heel of my Rosie heels is also squeaking, maybe this is a common thing? I only received mine this morning, I ordered them online. Hopefully this isn’t a fault, I would be really sad as I feel this is my only chance that I’m going to get these heels as they are sold out everywhere. :sad:

Mine squeak too- I think I read this on another thread too. Not ideal, and I just realized I'm making this work desperately, haha

I have the same issue but for both shoes! My cobbler said he can take the shoe apart and have the sling back refitted. I'll keep you posted!

Hi All! Would love some opinions :smile: Im so happy to see I’m not the only one obsessed with the aminas. I have the clear begum pvc glass sling backs in the low heel from last year, and I just ordered the pump high heel version. Is it redundant to have both heel heights? I’m usually not a heel wearer but the heels are just so beautiful and make me want to wear them...any thoughts appreciated!

Hi All! Would love some opinions :smile: Im so happy to see I’m not the only one obsessed with the aminas. I have the clear begum pvc glass sling backs in the low heel from last year, and I just ordered the pump high heel version. Is it redundant to have both heel heights? I’m usually not a heel wearer but the heels are just so beautiful and make me want to wear them...any thoughts appreciated!
Personally, the pyramid heel is everything to me! So far, I have decided to keep 3 styles- 1 of the multicolor slingback, 1 of the clear PVC Rosie, 1 of the gilda sandal (awaiting delivery). They all feel different enough for me. I wear heels infrequently, TBH, but when I do, I like really specific styles (usually jeweled) All to say, if they feel different enough to you, then you do you! :smile:

Reactions: malbec_bleu
Personally, the pyramid heel is everything to me! So far, I have decided to keep 3 styles- 1 of the multicolor slingback, 1 of the clear PVC Rosie, 1 of the gilda sandal (awaiting delivery). They all feel different enough for me. I wear heels infrequently, TBH, but when I do, I like really specific styles (usually jeweled) All to say, if they feel different enough to you, then you do you! :smile:

Thanks so much for your input! all of those sound beautiful and definitely versatile. Do you feel aminas are here to stay? I’ve “heard” many are returning and they’re “too trendy” to stay in style but I feel like the popularity has only been increasing in time and her styles are variable enough to keep interest.

Thanks so much for your input! all of those sound beautiful and definitely versatile. Do you feel aminas are here to stay? I’ve “heard” many are returning and they’re “too trendy” to stay in style but I feel like the popularity has only been increasing in time and her styles are variable enough to keep interest.
Some are frustrated with the construction quality and sizing inconsistency, as well as the drama around actually getting a pair. I get that... I anticipate wearing these for ~3 years longer before I tire of them. I'm thinking of these somewhere between Manolo Hangisi (which stands a lifetime, IMO) and the YSL Tribute sandal I LOVED in 2010's era but over now. Still love to see it in collection though!

Reactions: rsk24
Loving seeing more Amina fans on the thread!

I decided to keep my purple pvc begum slingbacks even though I don’t think they will be a good wedding shoe. I’m too concerned about them snagging or getting stuck to the underside of my dress (it’s crepe and I think prone to potential snag but I’ll find out more in a few months).

That said, I FINALLY received notice from BG that the Brygit style has shipped! I should have it in next 1-2 days!

Edit: BG let me order the clear begum pump back in December...but they just cancelled my order tonight. I wonder if they let SA’s pick before online orders as stores reopened... Still on the hunt for 35.5 or 36 (since they run so big).

Last edited:
Loving seeing more Amina fans on the thread!

I decided to keep my purple pvc begum slingbacks even though I don’t think they will be a good wedding shoe. I’m too concerned about them snagging or getting stuck to the underside of my dress (it’s crepe and I think prone to potential snag but I’ll find out more in a few months).

That said, I FINALLY received notice from BG that the Brygit style has shipped! I should have it in next 1-2 days! I’m stills frustrated BG let me order the clear begum pump back in December and continues to not ship...maybe waiting on returns? I can’t imagine at this point there would be more stock.
I think the BG shoes will ship but stock is taking longer than normal? When I pre ordered my low heel begums a year ago they took months to actually come in but they DID come in! I imagine it’s much worse with stock during Covid now.
Btw, no one has mentioned checking matches fashion. I got my high heel clear begum pumps from there last week and for much cheaper than other websites.

I should also mention that I felt just like you and was angry that BG kept this charge on my cc without sending my shoes for a very long time...I called customer service multiple times to ask the deal, but they eventually came so keep hope!!