How to get visa to enter Korea now?

wxa1

Jun 4, 2020
I tried getting a medical tourism visa but they said need a local hospital to certify that the condition is urgent and can only be done in Korea.
What other feasible ways are there to get a visa now?

Hi,

I tried several times to get a medical tourism visa here in Europe, but it still is denied. I asked the Korean Embassy directly, but they say that as long as the situation remains, medical tourism cannot be granted :sad:
Plus, they cannot say how long it will stay like this.
Did anybody of you have success?

Hi,

I tried several times to get a medical tourism visa here in Europe, but it still is denied. I asked the Korean Embassy directly, but they say that as long as the situation remains, medical tourism cannot be granted :sad:
Plus, they cannot say how long it will stay like this.
Did anybody of you have success?
What about a visa for just travel?

Unfortunately they probably won't start issuing tourist visas for a long time. I'm guessing maybe not even until the end of 2021. You guys can find out policies if you search up the website of your local Korean embassy. I called my local embassy and they said they have no idea when policies might change, even with vaccines rolling out in my region.

Well there is a way, if you're planning on staying here for a long time. You can apply for language classes, which typically last 2 1/2 months, they're all online right now anyways. You'll get a 3 month visa, and anyone can apply. Also, you won't need to quarantine in the facility, you'll be able to do it in an airbnb. The only thing is that you'll have to take classes every day, I know this solution might not be ideal but if you're really committed at coming here for surgery then you can definitely do that.
Also, if you quit the classes in the middle, you'll get partial refund.

Well there is a way, if you're planning on staying here for a long time. You can apply for language classes, which typically last 2 1/2 months, they're all online right now anyways. You'll get a 3 month visa, and anyone can apply. Also, you won't need to quarantine in the facility, you'll be able to do it in an airbnb. The only thing is that you'll have to take classes every day, I know this solution might not be ideal but if you're really committed at coming here for surgery then you can definitely do that.
Also, if you quit the classes in the middle, you'll get partial refund.

Could you please elaborate on that? I sent you a PM. Thank you so so much!

Reactions: honeybadger95