Novillo leather

I bought a 2018 novillo b30 and sent it straight back. It was more slouchy than my 2011 b35 togo...also corner rubbing when barely if ever used. Really wasn’t impressed. Am sticking to togo!

Wife hasn’t used her Novillo Birkin a ton, but the leather definitely seems to be more delicate than Togo. Corner wear has shown much more on her Novillo bag than it has on her multiple Togo bags, and this is with less use. I’m sure it will spa just fine, but it’s definitely delicate.

Hi my SA just text me to offer my a b25 black phw in Novillo. After reading the above tread, I m still unsure of the durability of the leather as each of your opinion varies. I m guessing the differences in opinion may due to different batches of Novillo leather?
Anyone bought Novillo currently and please share your thoughts. TIA

From my reading it seems that the older batch of Novillo were more sturdy and structured. What is structure, thickness and etc of your current Novillo?

Hi my SA just text me to offer my a b25 black phw in Novillo. After reading the above tread, I m still unsure of the durability of the leather as each of your opinion varies. I m guessing the differences in opinion may due to different batches of Novillo leather?
Anyone bought Novillo currently and please share your thoughts. TIA

From my reading it seems that the older batch of Novillo were more sturdy and structured. What is structure, thickness and etc of your current Novillo?

To be clear, my wife would buy it immediately if the specs for the Birkin were something that she would be interested in. My wife doesn’t baby her bags so banging a bag against the car or a wall is not an uncommon occurrence. Also keep in mind that she uses her B35s for work as a briefcase so they’re constantly being used for a majority of the year. Novillo is much finer of a grain than her Togo bags, so it makes sense that wear shows more. She loves the smooth grain of it as it’s a completely different look than her other bags. Also, keep in mind, that according to Dumas “luxury is that which you can repair”. If the wear gets to a point where it becomes obvious, we will simply take it to H to repair for a minimal sum of money comparatively.

Here is a shot of the corner on one of her Togo Birkins and of her Novillo B. Only you can decide whether the pros outweigh the cons.

07CFD9E7-3C86-427D-BBEE-E08BA294FAC9.jpeg40822C65-B0D5-4D58-9FEE-829AD8E01000.jpeg

I got a noir Novillo Bolide 1923 30 cm about 2 years ago and it’s held up very well so far. No corner wear and no slouch yet.
Thanks for sharing pic of your beautiful bag. Especially mine would be black, I can imagine how it would look in black b25.

Your bag look like the leather hold up the shape very well after 2 years make me feel more comfortable to say yes to the bag. I will share the pic here once I got the bag.

Reactions: DoggieBags