Bag Goals for 2021?

KimTX

O.G.
Mar 19, 2013
I am thinking about making this a no-buy year. I *might* buy something if I end up in NYC over my birthday. I'll leave that possibility there, but that would be it. Okay, one more caveat-I've been on the hunt for the Hawaii Neverfull-the one with green flowers and orange lettering, and if that pops up on the pre-owned market I will buy that. Haha-so much for my no-buy year!

What I was thinking of doing this year is something I've thought of, but have never done. I'd like to divide up my bags by season and match them up with matching SLGs, and for the most part, only use that bag thru that season. Obviously I'll allow myself to use whatever bag I want, but the idea of using the same bag for a month or 2 without changing out sounds appealing. Has anyone tried that method?

I bought so much stuff this year with being stuck in the house due to the pandemic. I'm going to try not to buy any bags in 2021 (chuckle) and concentrate on using what I have. I'm in the Midwest and we have a short summer, unfortunately, so that's really the only time I use my Damier Azur bags. So in that respect, I do pull out a summer wallet, cosmetic pouch and Azure bag to use for a couple of months. I then switch to the Damier Azur Pochette Accessoires if I need something small. I feel like I barely used the majority of my bags this year since we didn't get to go anywhere. No travel, no fairs, etc. Here's hoping for a happy, healthy 2021!

+1 agree @Loriad

The boredom of lockdown made me buy way too much this year, on top of all the personal shopper/custom fees and unexpected costs to hunt down items I wanted. I’m limiting 2021 to one LV bag (lemon Alma) and maybe a Hokusai print bag that I can’t get out of my head :lol:

487D8E7B-242A-4EF9-BFE7-CBD951E8F17F.jpeg1576D58B-7AA9-463C-BA95-46A9E2819049.jpeg
This plan is challenging but I’m going to try to be extra-disciplined next year. GL to anyone who needs willpower!

I bought so much stuff this year with being stuck in the house due to the pandemic. I'm going to try not to buy any bags in 2021 (chuckle) and concentrate on using what I have. I'm in the Midwest and we have a short summer, unfortunately, so that's really the only time I use my Damier Azur bags. So in that respect, I do pull out a summer wallet, cosmetic pouch and Azure bag to use for a couple of months. I then switch to the Damier Azur Pochette Accessoires if I need something small. I feel like I barely used the majority of my bags this year since we didn't get to go anywhere. No travel, no fairs, etc. Here's hoping for a happy, healthy 2021!

During the pandemic, I bought a reverse Pochette Metis, a Noe, a Kusama Waves NF, a Loewe Puzzle Bag, and a Celine Micro along with two Chanel SLGs. And like you, I have barely carried any of them. That definitely plays a part in the idea of a no buy year. I have an abundance of bags that I only look at!

During the pandemic, I bought a reverse Pochette Metis, a Noe, a Kusama Waves NF, a Loewe Puzzle Bag, and a Celine Micro along with two Chanel SLGs. And like you, I have barely carried any of them. That definitely plays a part in the idea of a no buy year. I have an abundance of bags that I only look at!
Congratulations on your wonderful purchases! Here's hoping for a happy, healthy 2021 with plenty of places to wear them!

I have spent so much on bags this year and I have so many that just sit unused in my closet. My goal for 2021 is 3 bags (one will be from the next summer collection) and two SLGs (wallet for summer and trio pouch set). I am tired of chasing hard to find items and stalking the LV website. I want to appreciate what I have and be happy. Even though I don’t use a lot of my bags I am not selling any next year. I am the worst when it comes to the sellers remorse.

My goal is to buy three bags next year and all of them classic Speedy bags: B DE 25, B azur 25 and My World Tour in black leather with dog and a cat stickers. :amuse: I’ve bought also too much this year, but no regrets. Now I have all the slgs I wanted. I change my slgs two times a year, in Spring and Fall, so I have enough. (I bought five mini pochettes this year..:angel:)

Bags are my passion. I have enough of them, of course, but I kind of accept it.:P I have only one Speedy, the pink jungle dot, and I’d love to have Speedy Bs too. If I can find a cherry Speedy in reasonable price (I doubt that), it will be replace one of the bags on my list. Otherwise I’ll try to behave and save some money. 1608922787910.gif

I have spent so much on bags this year and I have so many that just sit unused in my closet. My goal for 2021 is 3 bags (one will be from the next summer collection) and two SLGs (wallet for summer and trio pouch set). I am tired of chasing hard to find items and stalking the LV website. I want to appreciate what I have and be happy. Even though I don’t use a lot of my bags I am not selling any next year. I am the worst when it comes to the sellers remorse.
You hit on something that has been a turn-off for me lately. The chase for a bag. I'm just not into it. And I'm not into personal shoppers, and I'm not into paying a premium on a pre-owned website, and I'm sad to see YouTubers change from reviewing a bag, to taking about how hard a bag was to get. You know?

I only left with 3 more bags on my list. Alma BB, neo noe or petit noe epi if i can find, speedy b 30. So my goal for 2021 will be to complete my list. Just like others, I bought too much this year and start to regret because my target is only to have 10 bags. Now is way more than that. :facepalm:
I love my Petite Epi Noe! I have mine in Noir. Good luck finding one!

I don’t even want to talk about how many bags I bought this year. I’m guessing like most it was due to shear boredom and well I love bags. Having said that I have everything covered in my collection besides 2 discontinued LV bags that I don’t anticipate LV ever bringing back. There is one piece being released in February from the men’s line that I have my eye on but not even sure if it’s coming to the US. If I don’t get it, I’ll be okay. So my goal is to buy less or none at all.

+1 agree @Loriad

The boredom of lockdown made me buy way too much this year, on top of all the personal shopper/custom fees and unexpected costs to hunt down items I wanted. I’m limiting 2021 to one LV bag (lemon Alma) and maybe a Hokusai print bag that I can’t get out of my head :lol:

View attachment 4937484
This plan is challenging but I’m going to try to be extra-disciplined next year. GL to anyone who needs willpower!
I am trying not to spend a lot of money on bags next year, but if they are releasing this turquoise Alma - it will probably be mine :loveeyes:!

I am trying not to spend a lot of money on bags next year, but if they are releasing this turquoise Alma - it will probably be mine :loveeyes:!
Love this comment! It will be a worthwhile escape from Ban island, for sure :lol: :lol: :lol: My willpower for LV is weak so I’ll probably find a ‘worthwhile escape’ at some point too