Nano Sac de Jour vs. Alma BB

Candace30

O.G.
Oct 20, 2011
Hi Everyone! I'm trying to decide between a nano Sac De Jour (I'd like a light croc-embossed version), or a Louis Vuitton Alma BB (perhaps in the color Galet, which has been sold out for months). Which would you choose? I welcome all your feedback. Here are some initial thoughts:

1. Closure--the Alma might win here because of the zip closure, but hopefully a croc Nano would be difficult for someone to reach into?
2. Shape--I go back and forth on this. The Sac de Jour is boxy and it's clean lines seem very classic and versatile. The rounded shape of the Alma is classic as well, but perhaps a bit more mature looking?
3. Quality and durability--it seems that both croc embossed and the epi leather would be hard wearing. Any good/bad experiences with either?
NanoSDJ.jpgAlmaBB.jpg

Hi Everyone! I'm trying to decide between a nano Sac De Jour (I'd like a light croc-embossed version), or a Louis Vuitton Alma BB (perhaps in the color Galet, which has been sold out for months). Which would you choose? I welcome all your feedback. Here are some initial thoughts:

1. Closure--the Alma might win here because of the zip closure, but hopefully a croc Nano would be difficult for someone to reach into?
2. Shape--I go back and forth on this. The Sac de Jour is boxy and it's clean lines seem very classic and versatile. The rounded shape of the Alma is classic as well, but perhaps a bit more mature looking?
3. Quality and durability--it seems that both croc embossed and the epi leather would be hard wearing. Any good/bad experiences with either?
View attachment 4921258View attachment 4921259
Hi there,

I can only tell you about the practicality of the Alma bb. I have owned one for about a year and sold it now.
When carried crossbody I really struggled to get in and out of the bag- the strap was always in the way. The tapered design of the Alma makes her stick out a little awkwardly. I am 5‘7 and hand carried it looks a little too small on me. The handles never lay flat on the bag when carried crossbody...they have to be arranged. Hard to explain but because of the attachment points of the strap it pulls the handle up on one side... do you know what I mean?
Even though I love the classic shape and think the Alma is a Super cute bag- it wasn‘t practical at all.
maybe this helps...

Thank you so much for this! I will wait until the spring and go try both bags on in person. It’s so hard to choose when I haven’t tried either on my body. Appreciate the input!
You are welcome! Btw I really love the choices of leather/color.
I forgot to mention that I saw a video by Sophie Shohet on quality. She showed a YSL crock embossed cardholder in a light color...and it did not really wear well. Here is the link to the video - she shows the card holder around 00:30. Its a card holder and is used/abused in different ways than a bag, but still. I think it shows a little what could happen. I don‘t think this would keep me from getting a crock embossed bag.

good luck with your choice!

Reactions: Candace30

View attachment 4921258View attachment 4921259
Both bags and the colours you've chosen are classic and gorgeous. I had the Alma BB in monogram and whilst i love the look on others, the bag looked a bit too mature on me. I have the Sac De Jour in the Baby size (slightly larger than the Nano) and it looks extremely modern, chic and stylish. I feel very fashion forward and modern when wearing it, but the style itself is still very classic. I am really thinking of getting a Nano Sac De Jour too, as it's such a great compact size whilst still being roomy enough for most essentials. If you have a very girly or prim and proper style, the Alma will be a good choice. If you like things that are a bit more fashion forward or edgy the croc SDJ would be perfect.

Thank you so much for this--nice to hear from someone who prefers the SDJ! I will definitely try both on as soon I as I get a chance, and hopefully the decision will become obvious when I do. Thanks again :smile:

Reactions: sdhal001
The Alma BB has been on my mind heavily. As you stated, both silhouettes are classic. While I would totally chose the Alma over the SDJ...I would advise you to buy whichever bag pulls on your heart strings the most!

I, too, had a similar problem with choosing between a BB Alma and a Nano SDJ but chose the SDJ. Despite not having a zip, I see myself wearing the bag more than the Alma. I like the shape of the SDJ better than the Alma.

I've owned my SDJ Nano Croc Embossed for over a year, and it's doing well in terms of wear. Keep in mind, it's a dark colour and the shiny version. I agree that it's edgier with the croc if you want to rock that SLP look but it works in my feminine retro-flair dress looks too (the ones that gravitate towards a 40s style). I don't think the Alma BB's shape is as easy to wear for me (being short and rounded). I don't like the look of it crossbody and I'm a crossbody bag wearer.

I have a baby sac de jour (bigger than the nano) and an Alma BB. Out of the two, I'll choose Alma BB. SDJ is stunning but really wide open and, a little heavier (I had a back issue and since then, I'm staying away from heavy bags. At the beginning I wanted a medium SDJ but it was too heavy for me).
Both are classic and beautiful bags