YSL monogram two-part zippered compact wallet

kombucha

Nov 18, 2018
I am casually looking for a compact wallet that is a small bi-fold wallet with card slots and a separate coin pouch. I want something that can fit into smaller bags. I don't normally shop for YSL items but this one seems to fit the bill: https://www.ysl.com/ro/shop-product...de-poudre-embossed-leather_cod22005530mk.html

Does anyone have this wallet, and can provide me a review? How do YSL SLG's hold up over time?

And if there are any alternatives of a wallet with the same features on the smaller side, not YSL, I welcome your recommendations too! I particularly like brands like A.P.C., Polene, Want Les Essentiels, etc.

I know this is a littler older thread BUT I love the look of this wallet. I just purchased a nano speedy and am in need of a compact wallet, I need card slots and a cash slot since I HATE folded bills.

I was debating between:

LV Micro Wallet - this was my first choice but I was told by CS that it is no longer being made.
LV Victorine Wallet - this is bigger and since it is trifold I believe it is bulkier
and this YSL Two Part wallet - I wish it did not have a coin section so that it can be slimmer.

I decided to order this YSL, it should be coming in the mail soon. Did you purchase it? Any thoughts? Or did you go with something else?

Reactions: thundercloud
Reactions: thundercloud
Love the look of the first wallet linked above. That's the one I've been eyeing too since I carry quite a few cards.

I've also been looking at this one, since it's nice and slim:
https://www.ysl.com/en-us/card-case...-poudre-embossed-leather-607915BOW011000.html

Would love to hear feedback when you get yours!
I have the fragments zippered card case and use it in my smaller bags. It is really slim overall, which I love. Since you mentioned you carry quite a few cards it may not have the capacity you need.. the five slots are pretty tight and can probably only fit one card each. The zippered compartment is also pretty tight and I only put an additional paper thin card or two or some folded cash in there if needed. It has stretched a little with use, but not a lot.

If you're looking for a beautiful slim card case that can hold maybe up to seven or eight cards the fragments zippered card case is perfect!

I have the fragments zippered card case and use it in my smaller bags. It is really slim overall, which I love. Since you mentioned you carry quite a few cards it may not have the capacity you need.. the five slots are pretty tight and can probably only fit one card each. The zippered compartment is also pretty tight and I only put an additional paper thin card or two or some folded cash in there if needed. It has stretched a little with use, but not a lot.

If you're looking for a beautiful slim card case that can hold maybe up to seven or eight cards the fragments zippered card case is perfect!
Thanks for the helpful info!

Reactions: SystarSystem

Thank you- your input on the zippered card case is great. May I ask how it is holding up? I‘ll be getting one for Christmas and plan to use it as everyday “wallet“. Its the light color sea salt. What about the corners and the hw?

Thank you- your input on the zippered card case is great. May I ask how it is holding up? I‘ll be getting one for Christmas and plan to use it as everyday “wallet“. Its the light color sea salt. What about the corners and the hw?
So.. I originally thought it was holding up very well but your question prompted me to take a closer look. It seems each of the bottom two corners has a small bit of wear. There is also what looks like color transfer near the corners on the glazing (most of my bags have a dark interior). The rest of the case looks great though.. zipper and the monogram logo both don't have scratches and the front/back of the case look good. I actually have it in sea salt and at first was worried that it would show dirt easily but that hasn't been an issue.

I only use this case on the weekends and while I'm not super extra careful with it, I also make sure there's nothing in my bag that can scratch/damage it.

I'm disappointed to see the corner wear after only five-ish months of occasional use but I still like this case and it still makes me happy when I use it :smile:

It will be a wonderful Christmas gift! Hope you enjoy it too!

Reactions: DamierEbene
Hmmm just got the two part YSL wallet.

First impressions:

-Beautiful quality of leather
-Card slots are tight but card comes out easily
-Bill compartment slightly too small. The USD bills fit but there is no room on the sides so they have to be perfectly packed and the bill compartment is quite tight
-YSL logo is smaller than the card holder and IDK if it is just mine but appears duller.

I like it and will attach photos tomorrow but IDK if i am in love with it. I'm leaning towards finding a Victorine wallet from LV before I make up my mind.

So.. I originally thought it was holding up very well but your question prompted me to take a closer look. It seems each of the bottom two corners has a small bit of wear. There is also what looks like color transfer near the corners on the glazing (most of my bags have a dark interior). The rest of the case looks great though.. zipper and the monogram logo both don't have scratches and the front/back of the case look good. I actually have it in sea salt and at first was worried that it would show dirt easily but that hasn't been an issue.

I only use this case on the weekends and while I'm not super extra careful with it, I also make sure there's nothing in my bag that can scratch/damage it.

I'm disappointed to see the corner wear after only five-ish months of occasional use but I still like this case and it still makes me happy when I use it :smile:

It will be a wonderful Christmas gift! Hope you enjoy it too!
Thank you so much, I appreciate your detailed reply! I will just baby it a little bit in the beginning :blush:

Reactions: SystarSystem
Just to add to this, I wanted that wallet too but it sold out before I could purchase it. I ended up getting this one: https://www.ysl.com/en-us/view-all/monogram-tiny-wallet-in-smooth-leather-5535490U42N1000.html

It was only $10 more and it’s actually smaller so it’s perfect for my clutches and smaller crossbody bags. I didn’t know if I would like the flap (instead of a zipper) for coins but it’s quite spacious.

Just an update on this, I ended up ordering a monogram two-part wallet from my SA. It’s in the smooth leather, which I’m obsessed with! https://www.ysl.com/en-us/view-all/...wallet-in-smooth-leather-5841220U40N1000.html

I also bought the matching bill pouch (they had one left online).

Now, I still have the tiny wallet since sale items are final sale. I may sell it or give it to someone as a gift.

I am casually looking for a compact wallet that is a small bi-fold wallet with card slots and a separate coin pouch. I want something that can fit into smaller bags. I don't normally shop for YSL items but this one seems to fit the bill: https://www.ysl.com/ro/shop-product...de-poudre-embossed-leather_cod22005530mk.html

Does anyone have this wallet, and can provide me a review? How do YSL SLG's hold up over time?

And if there are any alternatives of a wallet with the same features on the smaller side, not YSL, I welcome your recommendations too! I particularly like brands like A.P.C., Polene, Want Les Essentiels, etc.

Hi, i think this is a great and versatile choice. Did you manage to buy this wallet? Not a fan of folding cash. I opted for the smaller version of that wallet (5 card slots with ID slip instead of 8) from Saks during their discount promo ($50 off every $200) this month: https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/product/saint-laurent-monogram-matelassé-leather-bi-fold-wallet-0400010827592.html?dwvar_0400010827592_color=BLACK.

Needed the smallest and thinnest possible that has a full bill compartment. What sold me is the size and the fact that the inner slips can easily take 2 cards each so that makes 10 - I don't intend to stuff it though.

Waiting for it to be shipped. Taking ages.

Interested to see what you ended up getting and how it is holding up.

Thanks.

I have the wallet in the original post. To be quite honest, it was an impulse buy, and I bought it simply because of its color (plus it was on sale). But I absolutely love it. It’s the perfect size for me, and the color just pops. After 6 months of use, it still looks great, so signs of wear. View attachment 4950399
Wow! What a gorgeous color. Is that the 8-card version? I was eyeing this style but went with the narrower version (5 card slots). Could you please share more pictures? How does it look when full? Do bills fit nicely and perfectly? Are cards easy to insert and take out? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and i believe they are the same length when open.

Thanks in advance. :heart: